Author Topic: Subjugator Clan BattleMech  (Read 821 times)

Jimmy the Tulip

• Corporal
Subjugator Clan BattleMech
« on: 14 March 2017, 21:38:00 »
Which Clan does this Mech best represent?

Many an enemy will be caught off guard by the unlikely movement profile of this heavy class battlemech. Running at over 85km/h is unusual enough for a 60 tonner but when the Subjugator launches into the air and sails 240 meters thanks to it's 8 improved jump jets most opposing pilots will be left scrambling for a target.

While the Subjugtor doesn't carry many weapons for it's weight class those it does wield pack quite a punch. The arm mounted improved Heavy Medium Lasers dish out the same damage as a regular IS PPC, and while their range is limited the Subjugtors ability to close quickly with an opponent largely mitigates that point. The lasers are complemented with a pair of Streak 6 SRM launches to take advantage of the holes the lasers create and to seek out those critical components in an enemy machine.

The entire package is wrapped in the maximum armor the Mech can carry ensuring the best possible protection for the pilot. An advanced electronics package of an Active Probe and ECM system assist the pilot with protection from enemy electronics and enhanced target detection making the Subjugator an effective heavy hunter/scout.

Code: [Select]
Subjugator 1

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Dark Ages
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-F-A
Production Year: 3147
Cost: 15,440,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,943

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 240 meters
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    2  Streak SRM-6s
    2  Imp. Hvy Medium Lasers
    1  ECM Suite
    1  Active Probe
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    99 points                3.00
    Internal Locations: 3 LA, 4 RA
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             300                       9.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 8 Improved
    Jump Jet Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT                                        16.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             14(28)                    4.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Ferro-Fibrous                AV - 201                 10.50
    Armor Locations: 2 CT, 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LA, 1 RA
    CASE Locations: RT, LA, RA                                             0.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     20           30       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  10       
                                           L/R Torso     14           21       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  7         
                                             L/R Arm     10           20       
                                             L/R Leg     14           28       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Probe                                 HD        0         1         1.00
ECM Suite                                    LT        0         1         1.00
Streak SRM-6                                 RA        4         2         3.00
Imp. Hvy Medium Laser                        RA        7         2         1.00
Streak SRM-6                                 LA        4         2         3.00
Imp. Hvy Medium Laser                        LA        7         2         1.00
@Streak SRM-6 (15)                           RT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 0

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      7    Points: 19
5/8j       4       4       0       0      3     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: ECM, PRB, RCN, CASE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
« Last Edit: 14 March 2017, 21:54:43 by Jimmy the Tulip »

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
Re: Subjugator Clan BattleMech
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2017, 21:54:08 »
Hard to answer, but why do you need 14 DHS while you generate maximum 26 heat? That is, if both Streaks fire.

Jimmy the Tulip

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2017, 21:58:28 »
Some might say for redundancy. Others might say because I was playing around with the weapon loadout and forget the reduce the number.
It leaves the door open for a Subjugator 2, I guess. ;)

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2017, 22:07:54 »
Umm... I would like to say it's a Jade Falcon, but it has too much armor for their original tastes. :)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2017, 22:16:28 »
When I look at this, I want to trade the ECM and Active Probe for two additional Improved Heavy Medium Lasers. It would add some punch to the mech's ability to put holes in armor, and while firing just the lasers, your heat wouldn't overheat too bad. Use the Streaks judiciously to crit seek once holes are there, and you can manage the heat fairly well. Then you could leave the 28 heat sinks as they are.

Now if this were an OmniMech, I would want a variant that had a partial wing, and talons, just for kicks and giggles, a 5-8-9 speed profile will throw anyone off, nearly as much as jumping on their head repeatedly.

Jimmy the Tulip

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2017, 22:19:10 »
I've never really got into the whole Clan preference when it comes to designs. I never paid them that much attention.
I was hoping for an answer like Sea Foxes or Snow Ravens, rather than the  Green Chickens (yeah, I don't like them much). Even the Star Adders are prefereable to the Falcons, in my estimation. ;)

Jimmy the Tulip

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2017, 22:20:47 »
When I look at this, I want to trade the ECM and Active Probe for two additional Improved Heavy Medium Lasers. It would add some punch to the mech's ability to put holes in armor, and while firing just the lasers, your heat wouldn't overheat too bad. Use the Streaks judiciously to crit seek once holes are there, and you can manage the heat fairly well. Then you could leave the 28 heat sinks as they are.

Now if this were an OmniMech, I would want a variant that had a partial wing, and talons, just for kicks and giggles, a 5-8-9 speed profile will throw anyone off, nearly as much as jumping on their head repeatedly.

Do you use SSW? If so I can upload the data file for you and you can do what you like with it. :)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2017, 22:24:36 »
I appreciate the offer, but I use MML. I have messed around with similar designs before, though never actually used one in a game. iHML is pretty much one of the most efficient weapons you can put on a weight starved mech like this, though if you need range, the clan ER ML is better, with almost double the heavy's range and only 3 points of damage down, coupled with lower heat as well.

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2017, 22:32:17 »
When I look at this, I want to trade the ECM and Active Probe for two additional Improved Heavy Medium Lasers.

Pouncer H. Movement is a bit different, though.

I've never really got into the whole Clan preference when it comes to designs. I never paid them that much attention.
I was hoping for an answer like Sea Foxes or Snow Ravens, rather than the  Green Chickens (yeah, I don't like them much). Even the Star Adders are prefereable to the Falcons, in my estimation. ;)

It has ECM and Active Probe. While Home Clan designs can do that too, an Inner Sphere Clan comes to mind first. It's fast and designed for an aggressive fight, thus I picked Jade Falcons.

But it has similarities with Karhu, so Ghost Bears create such 'Mechs too.

Jimmy the Tulip

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 14 March 2017, 22:33:46 »
Thanks. I can live with Ghost Bears. :)