Author Topic: The MCSM - WHYYYY!  (Read 774 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
The MCSM - WHYYYY!
« on: 19 March 2017, 19:04:28 »
Inspired by Gio's Gaggle of Bug Mechs and the random wanderings of my mind. I have no idea why anybody would build something like this.

MCSM

Mass: 20 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Dark Ages
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-F-A
Production Year: 3132
Cost: 4,801,272,240 C-Bills
Battle Value: 166

Chassis: Unknown Composite Structure
Power Plant: Unknown 80 Light Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    None
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Composite Structure           33 points                1.00
Engine:             Light Fusion Engine           80                       2.00
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             10(20)                    0.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 3 LT, 2 LA, 2 RA
Gyro:               Standard                                               1.00
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV -  32                  2.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            4         
                                        Center Torso     6            5         
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  1         
                                           L/R Torso     5            4         
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  1         
                                             L/R Arm     3            2         
                                             L/R Leg     4            4         

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground Mobile HPG                            CT/RT     20        2/10     12.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 11

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      1    Points: 2
4          0       0       0       0      1     0   Structure:  0
Special Abilities: HPG, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Re: The MCSM - WHYYYY!
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2017, 19:14:17 »
So, I will let these images speak for how much I want one of these...
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2017, 19:30:11 »
I think I could kitbash one of them ...

On a more serious note, I'd probably want this on either a medium or assault chassis. Something with greater mobility, to keep up with command forces which are exploiting the 'Mech's greater tactical flexibility (eg. hot dropping, or crossing otherwise impassable terrain - when you care enough to want the very best).

Would actually make for a useful Cyclops modification, now that I think about it, and the 'Mech's 'back porch' provides plenty of space to mount the HPG dish ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2017, 19:31:08 »
Obviously I read the wrong thread first... :D

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2017, 19:40:01 »
Obviously I read the wrong thread first... :D

Honestly, I thought of this right after I made that overpriced wasp.

I'm thinking of starting with a reseen stinger. Slice the gun off, cover the rockets with putty, and add a comically oversized backpack.

On a more serious note, I'd probably want this on either a medium or assault chassis. Something with greater mobility, to keep up with command forces which are exploiting the 'Mech's greater tactical flexibility (eg. hot dropping, or crossing otherwise impassable terrain - when you care enough to want the very best).

Would actually make for a useful Cyclops modification, now that I think about it, and the 'Mech's 'back porch' provides plenty of space to mount the HPG dish ;)

well sure, if you want to be reasonable. A couple minutes ago I started to wonder if this could be a Blackout-era Comstar Project. Replace HPGs that are a total loss with something that can protect itself from sabotage by being mobile.

Obviously, the twenty ton model would be a bad idea for that...
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2017, 20:07:24 »

What chassis?

I went with a BattleMaster when I did it:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=43950.0
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2017, 20:21:32 »
Okay, I even found a reason to put an HPG on a bug sized machine over a larger mech. The smaller size cuts billions off the sticker price, due to how the cost calculations work.

For what the cost calculations are worth...

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2017, 20:28:35 »
That's actually an excellent point.

vidar

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2017, 20:34:34 »
I did a heavy mech with shields and other goodies to keep it safe, but void and LP where the best bets.  Used it in a campaign, the player could not figure out how the emeny reinforcements always know where to hit.  Until a scout Lance stumbled over it having heard the static from a transmission more than once.