Author Topic: Chaos Campaign - Books that Contain Mission Tracks  (Read 1752 times)

carl_s_Z

• Private
Chaos Campaign - Books that Contain Mission Tracks
« on: 27 April 2017, 16:34:21 »
I am looking to find out where all the different mission tracks are located.  I've been able to find them in...am I missing any?

Era Report 2750
Era Report 3052
Era Report 3062
Era Report 3145
Wolf and Blake
Sword and Dragon
Total Chaos
Campaign Operations (expanded rules on custom tracks etc)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Chaos Campaign - Books that Contain Mission Tracks
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2017, 17:11:40 »
Looks like that's the major ones. Add Turning Point series and i think you got them all.

EDIT Wars of Reaving might have tracks. It certainly had some kind of campaign/mission creation system.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2017, 17:32:29 »
It should be noted that Camapaign Operations had the most recent chaos campaign rules as well as large lists of objectives and mission options (along with suggested point values). It's super helpful for modifying existing missions or placing your own tracks in existing campaigns

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2017, 07:09:36 »
Looks like that's the major ones. Add Turning Point series and i think you got them all.

EDIT Wars of Reaving might have tracks. It certainly had some kind of campaign/mission creation system.

It does, as does the Wars of Reaving Supplemental.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2017, 07:37:12 »
Here is category section on sarna, that basic labels products that have Chaos Campaign info in them.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Chaos_Campaign_Products

What your list doesn't show is the Era Digest Dark Age and Turning Points/Historical Turning Points/Operation Turning Points PDFs.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2017, 10:43:22 »
Are all the Jihad plot sourcebook tracks included in Total Chaos?  The ones I've spot checked all seem to be included.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2017, 11:06:54 »
Are all the Jihad plot sourcebook tracks included in Total Chaos?  The ones I've spot checked all seem to be included.
Yes, they are but their altered in Total Chaos to reflect 3 mercenary units you can choose from listed in the book.  There additional missions included in it. It was a fantastic product.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2017, 14:17:01 »
Not sure it will be of any help, but there is also quite the collection of tracks made by fans if you are looking for inspiration.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=13529.0

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2017, 23:36:04 »
Yes, they are but their altered in Total Chaos to reflect 3 mercenary units you can choose from listed in the book.  There additional missions included in it. It was a fantastic product with a lot of still uncorrected errors.
Corrected your comment, sir. I would try to down play disagreement with your views but my copy of TC is already visually clear that  its been read... and read... and read (did I say that I still read it?) to the point that the RAT pages are quite removable. :D