Author Topic: Naval Weapons and Damage  (Read 2160 times)

L. Y. Deschain

• Private
Naval Weapons and Damage
« on: 10 May 2017, 20:15:15 »
I don't know if I am missing something, but looking through Tactical Operations, Strategic Operations and Total Warfare I am not seeing how damage is calculated at all for a weapon bay other than it is made up of certain weapons....I know it is a combination of all weapons in the bays damage, and the heat is all added together but I really, even following the construction process see what are naval weapons and their damages.

They have a range table with heat but no damage listed. How much does a N Heavy Gauss do, or Barracuda, or Sub Capital Lasers? I just spent what I consider way to much time flipping and reading through a book so I come to you guys to point me to the pages that would explain the damage for the individual weapons and how the bays work. I probably just glazing over it somehow but does not seem to obviously stand out.

I only know that Capital and Standard scale is a factor of 10 when you have to convert.

L. Y. Deschain

• Private
Re: Naval Weapons and Damage
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2017, 20:23:02 »
I think I stumbled upon part of it in the back of Tactical operations, now just to figure out weapon bays...

And it does not list their weight, just the damage for some of them.

L. Y. Deschain

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2017, 20:28:12 »
I am also now looking through Techmanual closer.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2017, 22:35:16 »
I think I stumbled upon part of it in the back of Tactical operations, now just to figure out weapon bays...

And it does not list their weight, just the damage for some of them.

They are in a section in tactical operations that uses 2 pages to give the full stats, the first page has their heat, damage, range, shots/ton, and some other things.  The second page has their mass, costs, and units which can be equipped with them, as well as some other stuff - I cannot remember exactly.

As for weapon bays, they have a max of 70 damage but must be comprised of a single type of weapon - so only Naval Lasers, or only NACs or only NPPCs, etc.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2017, 00:51:04 »
Techmanual Page 195 has rules for DropShips and small craft weapon bays. Strategic operations page 154 has the same for JumpShips, Warships, and Space Stations.

L. Y. Deschain

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2017, 19:25:42 »
They are in a section in tactical operations that uses 2 pages to give the full stats, the first page has their heat, damage, range, shots/ton, and some other things.  The second page has their mass, costs, and units which can be equipped with them, as well as some other stuff - I cannot remember exactly.

As for weapon bays, they have a max of 70 damage but must be comprised of a single type of weapon - so only Naval Lasers, or only NACs or only NPPCs, etc.
Would you happen to be able to give a page number, I seem to still be missing it somehow.

L. Y. Deschain

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2017, 19:30:15 »
Techmanual Page 195 has rules for DropShips and small craft weapon bays. Strategic operations page 154 has the same for JumpShips, Warships, and Space Stations.
That helped, I was able to eventually find it.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2017, 20:57:52 »
Just to be sure, much of the equipment is in TacOps, pages 404 through 411.

404 matches with 405, 406 with 407, 408 with 409, and 410 with 411.

As far as weapon bays are concerned, it is under the construction rules, "Step 5: Add Weapons, Ammunition and Other Equipment", under subsection "Advanced Aerospace Unit Weapon Bays and Firing Arcs", second paragraph (page 154).

Register