Author Topic: What two factions should I go with?  (Read 869 times)

MarkMeredith

• Recruit
    • DiceMonkey.net
What two factions should I go with?
« on: 15 June 2017, 22:05:55 »
Hey all, I could use some help. I'm in the middle of transferring my old Mechwarrior Clix figures over to Battletech bases. I've got a ton of different infantry, two VTOLs, some tanks and support vehicles, and a few mechs (Enforcers, Atlases, Hatchetman, Ghost, Phoenix Hawk). I'd like to build two comparable forces to duke it out, but not sure what two factions I should paint them up as. I prefer the Dark Age (Since that's what I'm familiar with), and Jihad. I also am not a big fan of the clans. Suggestions? The current paint scheme for them all is House Davion/Swordsworn.

Louie N

• Lieutenant
Re: What two factions should I go with?
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2017, 22:18:04 »
Dark Age era Davion vs Kurita

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2017, 22:19:40 »
Why not a House divided?

Dark Age version of the FedCom.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2017, 22:34:05 »
Louie N has the right of it. More DA minis are useable by Davions than just about everything else.

Now here's the way to check. Go to www.masteruitlist.info. Click on the orange magnifying glass on the top right to get the Advanced Search options. Then pick "Availability Era" either Jihad or Dark Age; Factions, type in first "Inner Sphere General", then either "Federated Suns" or "Draconis Combine", then hit "filter". Check the lists for what figures you have.

(Hope that makes sense)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"