Author Topic: Product Request Page  (Read 7863 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Product Request Page
« on: 22 June 2017, 09:19:04 »
Alright guys. I thought I would create a thread that isn't about upcoming products but rather is a page about things we would like to see.

Let's keep it civil here. This isn't a thread to complain about how cgl has never let your clan iron space donkey win the lore. Just a place for products you would pay for. WhIch doesn't mean a whole lot. Because the forums are a little fraction of the playerbase.

So I would like to see a technical readout with clan aerospace fighters. Obviously for me that's specifically clan Sea Fox aerospace fighters. But the 3145 books had a little movement on aerospace for the Sphere where most of the clans are still using the fighters from the golden century.

I know some others are looking for Star League Infantry and Troop Carriers. I always thought that was what the stinger, wasp and locust were because the star league was extravagantly rich. But I guess it makes sense.

What else would people like to see?
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: Product Request Page
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2017, 10:08:05 »
Technical Readout: 3057 Update.

As for brand new products, real actual adventures for A Time of War. We have a couple, but they're the joke products. AToW really needs products to fully support it, not just be the unloved step child of the line. (Plus having adventures allows a brand new GM to easy into running an RPG.)

And how about an ongoing series of mini-TROs covering all of the various units we have mentioned in fluff but never got a record sheet for?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2017, 10:25:41 »
A book full of space stations and satellites that you can find around the inner sphere and clan home worlds.

An equivalent of the BattleMech Manual for each and every unit type.

I'll second the 'More ATOW adventures".

Full TO&E for the Explorer Corps from their creation all the way into the dark ages.

Details of history and stuff for deep periphery nations, basically anything not centered around the crazies fighting over the cradle of humanity.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2017, 12:32:55 »
I would (still) like to see a series of books set in the alternate timeline of Empires Aflame.

For example, I'd be really keen to see an EA counterpart to First Succession War (and of Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, if you think about it), which featured the events surrounding Operation BLACK SHIELD.

Also, it would be great to see an EA-branded Era Report, Field Manual, and/or TRO set in alt-3095, with more information on "new" factions such as the Terran Supremacy and the Rim Federation, as well as how the alternate hybrid realms (the Confederated Suns and the Magistracy of Taurus) shape up.

Plus, a few EA Turning Point files looking at key moments in the alternate timeline - such as the battle for New Avalon in alt-3073 - would be welcome also.

Legatus

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2017, 13:11:16 »
A TRO: What If?  Such as giving the stats for WarShips such as the Yamato or Mt. Niitaka, as they were intended to be upon their completion.  The original light cruiser version of the Mjolnir.  The Durendal and the Venturer...  or the ultimate Holy Grail, the Leviathan Prime.  It would also be nice if they threw in the Peregrine, Molniya, and the Corrine.  Yes, all WarShips.  Any other units that someone else can suggest?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2017, 13:45:36 »
Are there any atow modules out yet?
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2017, 13:48:01 »
Things I would like to see revived are:
Starter Books
A new Camo Specs book.

Things I would like to see.
Houses of the Inner Sphere. Either as a mini-PDF series or as a book with each house having 5-6 pages dedicated to it. Obviously cover the Great Houses but also cover smaller houses, everything from March Lords to Influencial business families and 'Mech warrior lineages (Warrior cabal members?).  Things to include could be a overview of the family history, family crests etc, Details of their land holdings, business interests and things like that Then a couple of profiles of current family members and a couple of profiles of significant historic family members or people heavily linked with the family (say 4-5 people). Finally maybe a TO&E of their bodyguard unit, TRO of their family 'Mech

I think this would be fantastic support for world building in both BT and ATOW. And even supporting source books and novels.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2017, 13:49:32 by Dmon »

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2017, 13:54:31 »
Technical Readout: 3057 Update.

Well if there is an update to TRO 3057 you need to expect to lose the Naga Light Destroyer, Luxor Heavy Cruiser & Monsoon Battleship designs, which is unfortunate.
Marshal Russell Trest Oberlan. "War to the sword ..... the sword to the hilt!"

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2017, 14:02:23 »
Another XTRO: Boondoggle with yet more failures.

Print XTRO Compilation.

Another campaign book similar to Total Chaos for a different era. (Preferably a little less fast and loose and "GM's Fiat" on some of the scenarios...) Maybe even with slightly more branching than, "Do you end up backing the WoB up to the invasion of Terra, or no?"

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2017, 15:34:53 »
Well if there is an update to TRO 3057 you need to expect to lose the Naga Light Destroyer, Luxor Heavy Cruiser & Monsoon Battleship designs, which is unfortunate.

Why? I hadn't heard anything controversial about them, please explain.

Ghost cub

• Private
  • Long time GM getting back into Battletech
« Reply #10 on: 22 June 2017, 15:59:11 »
If I am dreaming for a book it would be "Ghost Bear Clan" in the same vein as the Wolf Clan and Jade Falcon sourcebooks.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2017, 22:02:49 »
I'm pretty sure the books full of mystery's, like the Interstellar Players series, are designed to support AToW.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #12 on: 22 June 2017, 22:29:39 »
I for one want to see a TRO 1945u, featuring more " historical ".

TT
« Last Edit: 22 June 2017, 22:38:27 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 22 June 2017, 23:49:42 »
I'm pretty sure the books full of mystery's, like the Interstellar Players series, are designed to support AToW.

They have bits to add to or hooks to create adventures from. So do the House books, and the Touring the Stars PDFs. A book that has support for AToW isn't the same thing as full-fleshed out adventures that inexperienced GMs can run if they don't know anything about creating or running role-playing games.

If AToW is meant to just be an add-on to TT to flesh out the game a bit more, that's fine. But if it's supposed to be an actual stand alone game in its own right, then it needs a heck of a lot more support than bits of little add-ons sprinkled here and there.

Adventures help inexperienced (or busy) GMs by showing them the ropes so to speak. Giving a hand on learning how to run  the game and create the universe. I've never GMed before, so looking at the amount of fluff that there is to dig through and build upon is daunting to say the least, having adventures at hand would cut that down to manageable size.

[I don't understand the resistance to them. I know the devs have waded in and said they don't sale well enough. Fair enough. But whenever it's brought up people will always step up and say that adventure modules are unneeded because they can create their own adventures. But, everyone saying that is an experienced GM. And it is probably a minuscule amount, but there might be people that get into the game through AToW and it'd be cool if they had full support.]

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 22 June 2017, 23:55:18 »
Is this pie-in-the-sky dreaming, or is this things that actually have a chance of coming out?

If it's the former, I'd say era-themed box sets that come with mini-campaigns as a get-started bundle.  Fourth Succession War: Operation RAT with an Avalon Hussars company against a Warrior House Lu Sann company on Liao.  First Succession War: Bolan Thumb with a Marik company against a Steiner company (I forget exactly which units were involved there).  War of 3039: Operation OROCHI with a company of 4th Ghost against a company of 1st New Ivaarson Hussars on New Ivaarson.  That kind of thing.  Task Force SERPENT and Task Force BULLDOG boxes, etc.

In terms of things that actually have a chance, anything that advances the timeline.  I get that ilClan is supposed to wrap up an era, and that what comes next has to be carefully planned, but it's been years and the only things we've had to go on are inferences gleaned from three sentences at a time from the Notable Pilots section in a TRO, for crying out loud.  We know Arc-Royal burned, a Turning Points on that would be fantastic.  We know Jessica Marik is dead and Regulus Conquered, a product on that would be sublime.  Something besides twiddling our thumbs waiting.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 22 June 2017, 23:59:15 »
Is this pie-in-the-sky dreaming, or is this things that actually have a chance of coming out?

If it's the former, I'd say era-themed box sets that come with mini-campaigns as a get-started bundle.  Fourth Succession War: Operation RAT with an Avalon Hussars company against a Warrior House Lu Sann company on Liao.  First Succession War: Bolan Thumb with a Marik company against a Steiner company (I forget exactly which units were involved there).  War of 3039: Operation OROCHI with a company of 4th Ghost against a company of 1st New Ivaarson Hussars on New Ivaarson.  That kind of thing.  Task Force SERPENT and Task Force BULLDOG boxes, etc.

In terms of things that actually have a chance, anything that advances the timeline.  I get that ilClan is supposed to wrap up an era, and that what comes next has to be carefully planned, but it's been years and the only things we've had to go on are inferences gleaned from three sentences at a time from the Notable Pilots section in a TRO, for crying out loud.  We know Arc-Royal burned, a Turning Points on that would be fantastic.  We know Jessica Marik is dead and Regulus Conquered, a product on that would be sublime.  Something besides twiddling our thumbs waiting.

I think it's the former... :D

But I like your box sets idea. Would be a fantastic way to get people into Alpha Strike. Each set comes with different minis. Could even do each set as a different era too...

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2017, 01:28:41 »
Toumans for Clans Burrock, Wolverine, Widowmaker, and Smoke Jaguar at the time before their deaths. Complete with Warships and Planets owned.

Second the Warship stats for ships that never got stats

Obviously more novels..... in print format (and a Borders store to put them in!)

A Ghost Bear Book for sure: but that's just the Ghost Bear I am.

More April Fools and Halloween good products which are all well done.

A published book of 'Mysteries of the Inner Sphere: What Happened?' (And if we're lucky the truth about them!)

Turning the Video games into canon by making books about them .... somehow...

New Warship combat rules: I just finished StratOps.... so yeah...

A new rule for exploding machine guns....

Published genealogy trees of all the Great Houses and their minor branches because I want to know how many branches Adam Steiner is off the main branch or where all those random Sandovals fit in....

That's it : I swear.

EDIT: Nope thought of something else : Ultimate book of Mapsheets
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 01:54:16 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 23 June 2017, 04:38:55 »

I was going to half-seriously suggest some kind of historical set during the rise of the Successor States during the 2300s but you changed my mind entirely.  Anything, anything at all that advances the timeline forward would be great. 
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 11:17:06 by Death by Lasers »
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R Tolikien, The Two Towers

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 23 June 2017, 05:40:18 »
Why? I hadn't heard anything controversial about them, please explain.
]

Those three designs were not done in house and accidentally included in the TRO. They were published by a fan and included in HMAero two years before the TRO was done. IIRC it resulted in Warner Doles being canned because of the plagiarism and supposed pickle he put the company in.

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 23 June 2017, 05:45:19 »

I am with Scotty here. Having box sets for major battles/campaigns would be absolutely awesome. What a way to attract players to the game and expand on the Mechs available in plastic. To expand on the possibility of battles covered I would include ......

Wolf's Dragoons vs Galedon Regulars @ the Battle of Crossing
Hanse Davion & Team Banzai vs "Comstar" Death Commandos @ NAIS on New Avalon
Davion vs Kurita @ Halstead Station
Davion Uhlans vs Liao Death Commandos @ New Syrtis
Liao McCarrons Armored Cavalry vs Davion Capellan March Militia @ Marlette (McCarrons Long March Campaign)
Kurita Ronin units vs Free Rasalhague units during the Ronin Wars

So many to chose from!
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 05:59:24 by Highball »

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #20 on: 23 June 2017, 06:04:30 »
Those three designs were not done in house and accidentally included in the TRO. They were published by a fan and included in HMAero two years before the TRO was done. IIRC it resulted in Warner Doles being canned because of the plagiarism and supposed pickle he put the company in.

Except the offending TRO is still for sale unchanged, and the Naga's stats were also used in Jihad:Terra as the basis for the modified drone control ships. I almost want to say the Naga made it into one of the Turning point books as well, though I can't be sure.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 23 June 2017, 06:43:27 »
Updated TRO: 3025 using Alex Iglesias art  >:D

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #22 on: 23 June 2017, 07:42:46 »
Toumans for Clans Burrock, Wolverine, Widowmaker, and Smoke Jaguar at the time before their deaths. Complete with Warships and Planets owned.

Here's a little gift.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #23 on: 23 June 2017, 08:12:32 »
TL;DR - More Clan Stuff!

Put my vote down for having a breakdown of each Clan's planetary possessions from their founding until the 3050's where we currently have lists that go up to the 3090s.

Also, I would love to have a book that tells us what has been going on in the Clan Homeworlds during the Dark Age.  I am sure they have been up to something!

Then add in a example of canon art for each Clan Cluster's unit insignia.  They are described in various Field Manuals, but I want to see them.

And to top it off, a series of Touring the Stars, SpotLight On and Turning Points describing Clan worlds, units and the famous battles.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 23 June 2017, 08:33:42 »
]

Yeah...unless you can provide a citation for that story, I'm calling baloney...

TRO: 3057 Revised came out in 2004 and HM Aero didn't release until 2006.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #25 on: 23 June 2017, 08:50:47 »
I'd be happy if they attacked the backlog of missing record sheets.
I have spoken.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 23 June 2017, 09:01:19 »

Bingo.  That would be my dream product(s) as well.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #27 on: 23 June 2017, 10:05:25 »
]

Er... no. That's not at all the case.

Just because it's out on the internet doesn't make it automatically true, as Abraham Lincoln once said.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 23 June 2017, 10:07:37 »
The bit we have about the deep periphery seems to indicate it is fairly active. The clans are (were?)  active all around their space not just concentrated on their homeworlds, influencing even as far as the Hansa. They were active enough in the periphery to have a reputation in a wide swath of territory outside the Inner Sphere.

I'd like material that goes into more detail on what is going on there, how far the clans have actually explored. It seems to me there could be a huge amount of material outside the Inner Sphere.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 23 June 2017, 11:02:51 »
i would love to see one thing
a compilation of all the mechs in one volume and vehicles too
i know pie in the sky...but i can dream...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!