Author Topic: Battlecorps fiction  (Read 1862 times)

Allard

• Recruit
Battlecorps fiction
« on: 19 July 2017, 14:15:27 »
Hello,

I just found out that the Battlecorps site is closed, and its fiction is not available in the new store.
I am missing the last 20 or so publications, which bothers me, because I am a completist.
Is there any place where to find this fiction? Google did not yield anything. Or are there plans to release it on the new store?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Battlecorps fiction
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2017, 22:27:57 »
Lol, where you a BC member?

Cause even if you were, good luck- I never gained back access to my account so I could recover what I had paid for.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2017, 11:41:33 »
If you were a member and lost stuff you paid for, contact customer service and hope for a response.  There are several threads about problems with the new store or old orders not being received, if you look, which may offer some help.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/pages/faq-known-issues-with-the-new-site-migration

Konrath, I'm sorry for your problems.

The new BT Line Developer, Brent Evans, has asked anyone with store issues to email him, not Randall. The address is brent (at) catalystgamelabs.com. Many people with issues have had them resolved by Brent. Email him, with (IIRC) "BattleShop Customer" in the subject line.

Let me know if you get a response.

W.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2017, 11:43:34 by Siden Pryde »

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2017, 11:47:31 »
The problem is that the BattleCorps site went down with the latest hack, but unlike the bg.battletech.com site (and this forum) it hasn't come back up again - and given the circumstances, I doubt that it will.

Unofficially, I've been told that BattleCorps isn't dead and is still taking in submissions. But if the site is to have a revival, I think the subscription system would need to be reworked.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2017, 23:13:45 »
They needed to ditch the subscription model about 10 years ago and just sell individual stories.

And do it in e-reader format as well as pdf!
I have spoken.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2017, 23:35:08 »
Yup, sell individual stories and collection of fictions from books- like IIRC all the chapter bits in TW for example.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Allard

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2017, 16:16:20 »
Well, I guess this stuff is gone then, at least for the foreseeable future.
I do not understand why they do not make individual stories available on the new shop, or something like Kindle.
It is like they are not interested to sell and make some money.

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2017, 17:08:52 »
There were issues getting Second Succession War's PDF up for sale. I imagine there would be considerable issues getting dozens of new PDFs up for individual sale, too. Not to mention formatting for various devices as some have suggested.

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2017, 19:07:13 »
 BC IS DEAD I'AM SORRY FOR YOU. When went to reup my sub for BattleCorp right after the new store kick in. I put 6 month sub in and paid for it but it show as unfulfilled. Then I got email that they miss me when send them the number of paid sub from the store no return email on it. So that the end of that since 2004. Oh well.

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2017, 16:20:00 »
cleanup
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 17:01:22 by Easy »

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2017, 08:39:39 »
Battlecorps has been on life support for far too long.  They need to admit that it has failed and cut that life support.  The only reason that it might..might be breaking even (doubtful) is because they haven't been living up to the promised amount of new material every month/quarter/year they made to subscribers (fewer acceptable submissions means less money being paid out to authors, etc).
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Register