Author Topic: Full Metal Anime topic  (Read 2940 times)

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
Full Metal Anime topic
« on: 20 July 2017, 10:37:13 »
I remembered talk about new season of Full Metal Panic! So I checked out Anime News Network, and sure enough, it is now promised for the next spring. What are our feelings about this? I'm like: HELL YEAH! {>{>
WARNING! Following page may contain pictures that include partial nudity! (Am I clear with this?)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-01/full-metal-panic-invisible-victory-anime-premieres-in-spring-2018/.118269
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
Re: Full Metal Anime topic
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2017, 11:33:16 »
If it ends up at least as good as Season 1 and Second Raid, I would love to have the story finished.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2017, 23:29:39 »
I really wasn't a fan of Full Metal Panic as I recall, but I've only watched the first season, so I'm looking forward to giving it a second chance! 
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2017, 00:33:10 »
I really wasn't a fan of Full Metal Panic as I recall, but I've only watched the first season, so I'm looking forward to giving it a second chance!

FMP: The Second Raid is somewhat more serious, while FMP: Fufumu is the insane parts of FMP kicked up to twelve.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2017, 10:43:26 »
FMP: Fufumu
Wrong! It is:
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu

[edit]
Despite of all the comedy and shenanigans, FMP!! Second Raid (with 2 exclamation marks) has a reference to Fumoffu: in Second Raid is a scene where Testarossa looks at framed photograph taken in onsen episode of Fumoffu.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2017, 10:47:02 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2017, 10:48:05 »
Well, next year the new FMP will be out.  Hopefully no further delays.

Third episode for Magic and Knights came out, it was pretty good. Though it was world building thing.  I'm really worried how quick this is going. It's glossing over some of the funny parts. (Sigh) I hope it helps manga / light novels out and keep them going. 

Darn those tight budgets!!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2017, 10:53:31 »
Darn those tight budgets!!
Tell me about it. If Konosuba had 12 episode anime seasons instead of 10 each, there wouldn't have been a need to make cuts to the story (introduction of Wiz, Kazuma in another adventurer group killing goblins).

Register