Author Topic: While I was waiting for the 502s and 504s to stop I found out something  (Read 4505 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
It seems like I can only access the forums every other day, or at least at certain times of day, and while I was waiting I was watching random stuff on youtube.

And I found out that there has been a $62.5 million dollar lawsuit filled against Games Workshop.

A pretty basic overview can be found here.

Now what ever your views on Games Workshop I actually hope there are a few points of that lawsuit that fail because it could set a dangerous precedent for any game company.

pheonixstorm

• Major
That guy would fit in well with the HG crew.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Now there are a couple parts there where I do actually want to side with him.  Games Workshop does have a pretty terrible reputation when it comes to how it deals with game shops.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
That guy would fit in well with the HG crew.
Except for the part where he claims GW ripped concepts from FASA's Battletech.:)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Forget the lawsuit, I can't get over the Peewee Herman hair. #P
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

pheonixstorm

• Major
LMFAO ooook I think you might have issues :P

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Now there are a couple parts there where I do actually want to side with him.  Games Workshop does have a pretty terrible reputation when it comes to how it deals with game shops.
That's the thing that confuses me about the lawsuit. Most of it seems to be aimed at GW's IP, but unless he's counting on "his" US court to want to screw over a company from another country I can't really see that succeeding.

Suing GW over their store policies, that I can see. From what I know of US law it's shouldn't be hard to argue that GW uses it's position to kill other stores which would violate the anti-trust laws.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
I do think that is the most valid part of the lawsuit and I do expect most of the rest to fail but it will be interesting to see it unfold.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
That's the thing that confuses me about the lawsuit. Most of it seems to be aimed at GW's IP...
Much like the new HG lawsuit, you hit them with EVERYTHING you can come up with initially. Then narrow it down as the hearings progress. Keeps your opponent busy.

Register