Author Topic: MrJake's Interminable Questions Thread  (Read 33262 times)

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Re: MrJake's Interminable Questions Thread
« Reply #270 on: 19 February 2018, 11:03:35 »
Unfortunately, none of that stuff happens automatically.

However, you do have the tools to do all that stuff manually, via the various "add scenario" buttons in the briefing room and the ability to do whatever you want to the opfor in Megamek.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #271 on: 19 February 2018, 13:44:52 »
You could use the generate scenarios command for a given week and delete what you do not want.

Brakiel

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #272 on: 20 February 2018, 12:37:17 »
Apologies if this was asked before. Was RISC tech removed from MML in the latest release candidates? Aside from the Advanced Point Defense System, I do not seem to be able to find them. Thanks.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #273 on: 20 February 2018, 15:15:36 »
Apologies if this was asked before. Was RISC tech removed from MML in the latest release candidates? Aside from the Advanced Point Defense System, I do not seem to be able to find them. Thanks.
Check you dates and Tech Levels.  Also which specific tech are you looking for.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

MrJake

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #274 on: 21 February 2018, 00:07:34 »
@Nick, @Jazz,

Yeah, I get how to do it manually, I was just wondering if there were a way to predetermine a sequence of battles and opponents that could then be shared among players.

ajh

Brakiel

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #275 on: 21 February 2018, 09:01:55 »
Check you dates and Tech Levels.  Also which specific tech are you looking for.

Date is 3145, tech is IS Experimental. None of the RISC tech aside from APDS shows up, so Hyper Lasers, Pulse Laser Modules, etc. This happens in both 0.43.8 RC1 and RC2. They do show up in the current stable release.
« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 09:04:02 by Brakiel »

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #276 on: 06 March 2018, 20:11:34 »
Ok, checking MegaMekLab, I either can't find the Modular Weapon Mount for Battle Armor, or I did find it and it's not working as it should. I'm trying to build the IS Standard in MegaMekLab, and I'm putting the item "BA Manipulator Adaptation [Modular Equipment Adaptor]" in the right arm. I can add the Small Laser, Flamer, and Machine Gun to the Right Arm just fine (though I have to select "Add to Right Arm"), but the Light Recoilless Rifle doesn't fit.

Based on the Sarna.net description, I thought it was supposed to work the way you coded the Anti Personnel Weapon Mount, but it's not working that way.

Brakiel

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #277 on: 07 March 2018, 07:15:24 »
Ok, checking MegaMekLab, I either can't find the Modular Weapon Mount for Battle Armor, or I did find it and it's not working as it should. I'm trying to build the IS Standard in MegaMekLab, and I'm putting the item "BA Manipulator Adaptation [Modular Equipment Adaptor]" in the right arm. I can add the Small Laser, Flamer, and Machine Gun to the Right Arm just fine (though I have to select "Add to Right Arm"), but the Light Recoilless Rifle doesn't fit.

Based on the Sarna.net description, I thought it was supposed to work the way you coded the Anti Personnel Weapon Mount, but it's not working that way.

Hmm, are you thinking about Detachable Weapon Packs instead? Those behave similar to AP Weapon Mounts.

There is a major issue with DWPs though, they do not show up in the equipment list consistently at all. I know for sure that they should be showing up, since I've tried building with heavy and assault BAs, and the tech level and year are well past the intro date. But 4 times out of 5, they're not in the list.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #278 on: 07 March 2018, 13:58:53 »
Hmm, are you thinking about Detachable Weapon Packs instead? Those behave similar to AP Weapon Mounts.

There is a major issue with DWPs though, they do not show up in the equipment list consistently at all. I know for sure that they should be showing up, since I've tried building with heavy and assault BAs, and the tech level and year are well past the intro date. But 4 times out of 5, they're not in the list.

No, I'm talking about the Modular Weapon Mount, and how it lets you mount weapons in that location. It's not detachable, and I can't find it at all. And more to the point, I don't know how the MWM works, because I can't find it.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2018, 15:37:52 by Terrace »

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #279 on: 07 March 2018, 18:46:21 »
If your sure your tech level and year is right for the equipment to be showing up then throw this up on the bug tracker https://github.com/MegaMek/megameklab/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue

https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/wiki/Making-a-Bug-Report