Author Topic: a good host site for forum images?  (Read 918 times)

tsmpaul

• Corporal
a good host site for forum images?
« on: 18 October 2017, 01:17:49 »
I just went through my forum Post history, to look at the photos of scenery and mech paint jobs and stuff that I have posted in the past, and every image was an error message! So, I went to Photobucket, where I have hosted all my photos for years - scenery, paint jobs, dozens of different miniatures and board games, and so on, so I can embed photos into forum posts on websites - and every single image is gone. They all say "this image has been removed".

Does anyone know of a good free website that lets users upload photos, that the photos can then be inserted into forum posts to share with people? I don't trust photobucket anymore.
- red vs blue battletech painting -

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Re: a good host site for forum images?
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2017, 03:41:01 »
I use imgur, it does not go public unless you click SHARE WITH COMMUNITY, its free and i've had no issues with it.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2017, 09:50:10 »
Google Photo is also free, and if you have a gmail account, it's there for you already.

If you go with their "default resolution" option, it's unlimited storage.

It is a little funky about sharing, but by default it won't unless you choose to make the images available.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

tsmpaul

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2017, 17:44:00 »
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at them.
- red vs blue battletech painting -

Register