Author Topic: bitcion and such  (Read 10781 times)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Re: bitcion and such
« Reply #30 on: 11 January 2018, 12:00:02 »
Bah. Dogecoin is the way to go. Much invest. So wealth. To the moon!
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #31 on: 11 January 2018, 12:14:42 »
You should really look to invest in the Kitcoin. That one is going to really take off.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #32 on: 11 January 2018, 12:31:58 »
Just avoid the Zitcoin at all costs.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2018, 12:45:12 »
new one out this month kodak is getting in on the action its seems...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 20 January 2018, 10:55:14 »
well guys last update on the subject until i get 1 coin lol.  i making money  without referrals and such.  i am about to replace my fans cause one goiing south but i figured on that before hand causer they are just cheap low  movers so upgrading some parts are expected.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 26 January 2018, 15:48:29 »
http://www.pcgamer.com/over-500-million-in-cryptocurrency-stolen/
not first but not lat either but interesting
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #36 on: 06 April 2018, 19:40:17 »
i say the bubble popped lol  i seen it go from almost 3 bucks a day to less than 75 this morning lol.  i only mine still at night so can heat my  sugar glider room for now until i see a 7k coin rate again (if ever)
 lol

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 06 April 2018, 22:03:20 »
read a sad story about Korean Millennial's loosing tens of thousands of dollars on crypto currency speculation.  I used to be a day trader and an option trader and I refuse to dabble in bitcoin or any of the likes. 

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #38 on: 04 March 2020, 10:25:36 »
so a revival of the topic ( with my old system I was getting about 10 bucks  month( remember I also used the system to heat the entire second floor of my house where I lived in winter.)  As you know I built a new system in January(end of ) and now had it running about a month and I have still been mining on it  pretty steady, ( still heats upstairs ( not as much since it all more efficient system) ) I have now about 3-5x the amount it mines ( at first with dual 580 but the fans were way to noisy for my wife ) so i got a watercooled 2080 super clock) which was doing better than the dual 580s.   I know the halving around the corner for bitcoin rewards and such. but to give a example of how well the new system is in power, this morning I am doing a 3d print,  mining, downloading a app, and writting this post with still about 20%  free on the cpu resources lol..  I have pegged the cpu usage at 100% for like 1 minute when I was first redoing a lot of the system ( uninstalling the old amd driver and installing the nvidia drivers while I did several updates on the system and installing mw5 all at once

PetersCarol

• Recruit
« Reply #39 on: 25 February 2021, 10:39:05 »
I'm here for the people that invested into bitcoin and such back in the day and are now rich, haha.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #40 on: 25 February 2021, 12:57:32 »
so a revival of the topic ( with my old system I was getting about 10 bucks  month( remember I also used the system to heat the entire second floor of my house where I lived in winter.)  As you know I built a new system in January(end of ) and now had it running about a month and I have still been mining on it  pretty steady, ( still heats upstairs ( not as much since it all more efficient system) ) I have now about 3-5x the amount it mines ( at first with dual 580 but the fans were way to noisy for my wife ) so i got a watercooled 2080 super clock) which was doing better than the dual 580s.   I know the halving around the corner for bitcoin rewards and such. but to give a example of how well the new system is in power, this morning I am doing a 3d print,  mining, downloading a app, and writting this post with still about 20%  free on the cpu resources lol..  I have pegged the cpu usage at 100% for like 1 minute when I was first redoing a lot of the system ( uninstalling the old amd driver and installing the nvidia drivers while I did several updates on the system and installing mw5 all at once

How much did your electrical bill go up after you started doing this?  If your computers are putting out enough heat to keep an entire floor of your house warm during the winter, that is not a small increase in your electrical consumption.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #41 on: 02 April 2021, 05:46:10 »
How much did your electrical bill go up after you started doing this?  If your computers are putting out enough heat to keep an entire floor of your house warm during the winter, that is not a small increase in your electrical consumption.
sorry didnt see post so busy with work.   out power bill went up about 20 bucks( old system had dual 580 air cooled gpus (with the side of the case off to allow max cooler air access. ( and ran 24/7 ) new system is all water-cooled ( newer set up is double output and a 2080 on water) still same power load) we seen a 10 degree difference when the pc not running to mine) What been great is i paid for all my 3d printer upgrades and just recently purchased a octoprint setup with the funds. I think I lot of that was due to the increase in the value..   sadly it the time of year soon where I will have ot cut it out for a few months due to warm weather I only mine during the winter months and I hope by fall I can get either a second 2080 card or upgrade to a 30 series ( looking mainly for the larger memory cache)so  I play mw5 or battletech in my little spare time.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2021, 05:54:20 by mechnut450 »

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
Re: Re: bitcion and such
« Reply #42 on: 03 May 2021, 11:11:45 »
no investing on my end I just mining when I can with the annual summer heat starting I prolly be kicking my miner off line until about October  unless i can rig my water cooler to pump water outside to be vented lol.

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 29 August 2021, 12:26:06 »
I saw a posting the other day about a video game contest back around 2009 where winner got $500, 2nd got $250. and 4-8th place got 25 Bitcoins each...

Register