Author Topic: Documentation with MW2: Mercs  (Read 1955 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
Documentation with MW2: Mercs
« on: 23 December 2017, 16:56:45 »
Does anyone have scans of the documentation that shipped with MW2: Mercenaries?  A recent conversation reminded about a gap in my understanding back in the day.  It was only after I bought the board game and RoW, AND  saw a couple references in the novels to "protecting a vulnerable XL engine," that I realized what made Mercs so hard, IS XL engines. Yeah, losing a side torso in MW2 or Ghost Bear's Legacy sucked, brought you extra heat, and probably lost a good chunk of weapons, but you were still in the fight. 

There was one mission in MW2: Mercs where my mighty AS7-K was fragged by a piddly little Nova, over and over again.

Anyway, was the fragility of IS XL engines spelled out in the book from that game or was it something you just had to know?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Re: Documentation with MW2: Mercs
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2017, 17:09:23 »
Something you just had to know OR it was discussed in game, but thats so long ago.

The physical manual (Tri-M Mercenary Academy) only discusses weaponry under Mech Ops on page 4 in general terms with no mention of internal systems, with a chart of the Inner Sphere weaponry weight and critical slots in Apendix C on page 26 that only lists the classic/3025 weapons.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2018, 19:40:46 »
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2018, 17:03:34 »
http://www.replacementdocs.com/news.php
this may help also you could also request
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!