Author Topic: (Answered) C3 Dual Master - can it be used in more than one network?  (Read 1964 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
For instance:

A Battalion Commander has Dual C3M, one links his Lance and the other, Command C3, to his 3 Company Commanders.

Said Commanders are linked with their own Dual C3M, one being used by the Command C3, the other for their twin Lance CO's and the single Lancemate.

The Lance Commander are just linked to their Company Commander and two Slaved units, fourth unit is NON-slaved.

In exchange, Batt CO can ask for a sitrep from Company CO's, Company CO's can request for Intel from their Lances, but nobody can call in help. ( Unless the unit has TAG, in which case TAG rules resolve it. )

Thank you,
TT

( PS: Non of the units in question break the 12 unit max ruling. Batt. uses Command C3 for Strategic and Tactical C3 ( regular ) for Tactical Lance control. Company CO is connected to Command C3 and it's Lance CO's, and has Tactical C3 over its Lancemates. Lance CO's have JUST Tactical C3 only. )
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 13:34:31 by Xotl »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) C3 Dual Master - can it be used in more than one network?
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2018, 12:24:55 »
We're not exactly clear on what you want done here, so I'm posting a bit of a preliminary answer / factfinding follow up.

- Can the lances of a C³ company technically be in separate companies for organisational purposes?  Yes.  This is a purely fluff thing; for rules purposes it's a single C3 company, regardless of where you've scattered the components of that company or what you've named them.
 - However, dual C3 masters link together all in to one big network; you can't have a single unit in two separate networks (max 1 network, max 12 members).
 - TW has the "this is the only legal set of configurations" diagram on p. 132.

With these things being the case, can you clarify as to exactly what it is you don't understand?
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2018, 21:43:55 »
OK...

I know a C3 Master can be connected to another and so on.

What I wanted to know is if the following diagram is illegal?

Batt. Co Dual CM(master) / CM -S-S-S
Comp. 1 Dual CM(slave) / CM -S-S-S
Comp. 2 Dual CM(slave) / CM -S-S-S
Comp. 3 Dual CM(slave) / CM -S-S-S

Each Company is slaved to the Battalion Commander, not each other. Only when the Batt. CO wants a sitrep from battalion, the Commanders can report back.

While technically only 4 units are connected to the first CM, the other CM is for Lance control ...

Which would be weird as hell, if the other Slaves happen to be Masters themselves.

Hope this helps.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2018, 12:51:40 »
The only legal C3 configuration diagrams are in TW / BMM.

You can’t change C3 links during gameplay.  You can’t have a unit in more than one c3 network, and the links are two-way, so there’s no link without a link back.  You've got a 13-unit network there, as best as I can tell.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0