Author Topic: The Hammerhands and a MVP friend  (Read 2073 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Hammerhands and a MVP friend
« on: 16 February 2018, 02:15:29 »
Tonight the 17th Avalon Hussars faced the Blakists and a raid from some mercenaries.  I ran the -5D version with 3 tons of Precision Ammo (both arms and LT) supported by a Morrigu (Laser), some field gun artillery (71st Mech platoon example), two IS Std (LRR) and . . . a Grenadier (MagShot) though the Hauberk in this picture stood in for the Gren.  The poor Gren had to stump it across the field against the mercenaries- the Morrigu and splash damage from the Thumper had the mercs keep their distance.  Thanks to the local Agent, faithless, who put together this faction tournament.  I painted up the Hammerhands since it was over 70 degrees the last two days to try to get something eye catching- nothing in primer!  Picture shows me a few places I need to clean up.

Below is a shot of the 17th fighting off some Blakists near the outskirts of GM's Talcott factory.  The Wraith was in the middle of considering its move, ended up moving up behind the building . . . when the pilot discovered the Hammerhands could leap 150 meters to land next to it (Need 8s, got both . . . ) and missed the lasers on 10s.  The other main combatant can be seen on the left, a MWDA DI Morgan standing in for the Morrigu (Laser) with that nice shooting spot.

Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: The Hammerhands and a MVP friend
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2018, 06:26:43 »
 Love it O0
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2018, 06:56:34 »
Nicely done, sir. I especially like also the map you used.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2018, 17:41:53 »
Thanks for bringing painted mini's to the games. They look nice.

If anyone has any questions about the map, feel free to pm me.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2018, 17:52:49 »
Still working on the Hammerhands since it will be in all the games as we go forward.  The DI Morgan (unless you have a Morrigu I can borrow) will be finished in a woodland camo later, and I will tweak the BA a bit.  I need to fix one IS Std since I dropped it and snapped the wooden base.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2018, 17:57:57 »
Pennies have worked great for mine. It is nice when you can pick up bases people throw down in parking lots.

I will check to see if I have a Morrigu. One day I really need to inventory. I also have to repairs to do now. I knocked the yellow box of mechs on to the driveway Sunday. That is what I get for being lazy and not bringing my nice bag.
Demo Agent #715

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2018, 21:58:39 »
Oh, that is a cringe . . . I finally took the base coated mechs off the shelf and laid them in shoeboxes (one Clan, one IS) on insulating layers.  I can just imagine dropping that . . . and you have all those painted up nicely.

The wood round comes from a pack I got from Hobby Lobby, just using them up since the larger ones were for other things.
Colt Ward

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2018, 18:44:33 »
All are fixed except a griffin that started with a repaired joint. I pin most joints now, I did not back then.

I do not have a morrigu. The look of the tracks a carnivore would make a pretty decent stand in too.
Demo Agent #715

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2018, 11:28:42 »
Nice job on the mini. Keep them coming on the pics. Thanks

Register