Author Topic: Kampfgruppe Steiner II: Operation Eisenfaust  (Read 179975 times)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Re: Kampfgruppe Steiner II: Operation Eisenfaust
« Reply #30 on: 24 December 2012, 05:10:59 »
Top...too bad Steiner is German, not Swedish..otherwise, thise would be so appropriate for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnex2xQz6C4
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #31 on: 24 December 2012, 05:23:55 »
Top...too bad Steiner is German, not Swedish..otherwise, thise would be so appropriate for them:

Nonsense! Of course its appropriate! We have Swedes, as well as German, Scots, and God only knows how many others. German is merely the official language. We like anyone with decent alcohol or a militant trading attitude, or both!

And those are nice screenshots from Empire: Total War.  :)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 24 December 2012, 05:41:16 »

Eherm, "Gott mit uns" ("God is with us" edit: hm, actually it translates rather as "God SHALL be with us") was the GERMAN Battle cry of GERMAN mercenaries fighting for the swedish king Gustavus Adolfus (those rotten traitors!) during the 30 year's war, so in a way at least in some way it's still fitting (at least language-wise). :P
« Last Edit: 24 December 2012, 05:48:29 by ABADDON »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 24 December 2012, 06:28:50 »
Eherm, "Gott mit uns" ("God is with us" edit: hm, actually it translates rather as "God SHALL be with us") was the GERMAN Battle cry of GERMAN mercenaries fighting for the swedish king Gustavus Adolfus (those rotten traitors!) during the 30 year's war, so in a way at least in some way it's still fitting (at least language-wise). :P
Sorry, but at that time Germany had not been created yet, so they were from Bayern, Sachsen, Thüringen and what other duchy or principality you name. So they were hardly traitors, since you can't betray state which does not exist.  ;)

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 24 December 2012, 06:36:48 »
German as a people, not German as by being a citizen of a German state (even though they even at that time betrayed the Empire). ;) They all shared the same origin as Germanic tribes after all.
Remember that even during the existence of the Holy Roman Empire there was not only the Emperor (Kaiser), but also a German King (both titles usually applied to the same person).

The sub-nationalities derived from the power grab of the German lords due to the lack of interest shown by Friedrich II (who preferred doing arts and reorganizing the Sicilian state while clashing with the pope several times and going to the holy land) and the sudden and unexpected death of his father, Heinrich VI, who tried to establish a hereditary monarchy in contrast to a monarchy where the new monarch had to be elected by the lords.

But let's get back to topic. Don't want to get another warning for rules violation of rule #4. ;)

->
If you had the option to revive up to three production lines lost in the Jihad (i.e. not included in Objectives LA), which would those be?

Personally, I would only require a single line: The one for the Hauptmann. ;)
« Last Edit: 24 December 2012, 06:52:36 by ABADDON »

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 24 December 2012, 07:30:50 »
Oh, and I know for you Americans it's still a while, but here in Germany it's already Christmas.
So merry Christmas to all fellow Lyrans. ;)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 24 December 2012, 08:46:56 »
But let's get back to topic. Don't want to get another warning for rules violation of rule #4. ;)
Okay, but generally it's safe up to the 20th century.

->
If you had the option to revive up to three production lines lost in the Jihad (i.e. not included in Objectives LA), which would those be?
  • Dragon Fire
  • Falconer
  • Lynx (or Cestus?)

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 24 December 2012, 08:54:27 »
Jup, Dragon Fire and Falconer seem like good choices to me as well. But really? No Hauptmann? IMO one of the three most signature and best Mechs we produce(d).
I would trade all the remaining Sunder, Black Hawk-Ku and Avatar lines in for the Hauptmann line. ;)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #38 on: 24 December 2012, 09:03:56 »
God Jul alle sammen!

Pretty sure they lump Swedes in with us Norsk or maybe it's the other way around...

Yup, still the best booze,most atractive men and women, best selection of mechs... Same old LC that we love.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 24 December 2012, 09:05:35 »
 Is there a list of which lines we lost?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 24 December 2012, 09:06:57 »
Jup, Dragon Fire and Falconer seem like good choices to me as well. But really? No Hauptmann? IMO one of the three most signature and best Mechs we produce(d).
I would trade all the remaining Sunder, Black Hawk-Ku and Avatar lines in for the Hauptmann line. ;)

I definately agree here that the Hauptman is something that needs to be saved. In fact, I would expect, following the
draw down of arms in the Republic Era, the Lyran wealth, and the already demonstrated effort with the Morgenstern,
I would expect that the Lyrans would be looking at making a series of OmniMechs that can replace multiple 'mechs
at once.

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 24 December 2012, 09:11:06 »
 We should invest in making all the IS omnis... even the Perseus. Seriously, most of the IS omnis are pretty good and it just makes sense to do it.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 24 December 2012, 09:18:23 »
We should invest in making all the IS omnis... even the Perseus. Seriously, most of the IS omnis are pretty good and it just makes sense to do it.

The Men Shen and Perseus fall into the "Good 'mech, bad configurations" problem. The Strider should not be touched.
I like the Owens, but think it would be far better with DHS...which, hey the Steiners could easily upgrade it. Actually..
the Steiners should take the first generation Omnis and upgrade the tech...

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 24 December 2012, 09:26:18 »
... But really? No Hauptmann? IMO one of the three most signature and best Mechs we produce(d).

Since you mentioned it first, I have thought it's unnecessary to repeat it. And Lyrans have many Assaults left, such as Atlas, Fafnir, Thunder Hawk, Devastator or Banshee etc.

But those Heavies - what's still in production in the desired weight class of 75 tons? Thanatos is so-so,  Defiance is just strange Warhammer with armament of MAD-9S, but less heat capacity. So only MAD-9S Marauder as a general trooper 75-tonner (and MAD-9W2?).

Return to DGR-4F would be good. Or they could take DGR-6FC (as it was the last produced model) and start from there.
Falconer - well, explanation why save it is pretty obvious  :)

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 24 December 2012, 09:52:01 »
Well, we still have the ARC-7S Archer and... uhm... the new Grasshopper, the new Warhammer (10CT), the new Barghest with the iHGR, 6T Axman, the modernized Crossbow... and the Avatar OmniMech.
No 75 tonners, but at least 60, 65 or 70s.
« Last Edit: 24 December 2012, 09:57:06 by ABADDON »

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #45 on: 24 December 2012, 10:04:37 »
Would "Stalker-8S mitt uns" be an appropriate Lyran battle cry? ;)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 24 December 2012, 10:07:08 »
Invader and Monolith Class JumpShips
Falconer

If you are talking strictly BattleMechs:  Falconer, Hauptmann and Dragon Fire.  Although an argument can be made that the  Lynx should replace the Dragon Fire because the LAAF/LCAF is once again getting top heavy and can always use a solid light mech.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 24 December 2012, 11:00:52 »
We still have access to a lot of nice fast lights and mediums. I'll 2nd( or 3rd) the production of the falconer, cestus and buy the rights to make the penetrater.

Did we some how loose the line to produce the flashman?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 24 December 2012, 11:10:40 »
Did we some how loose the line to produce the flashman?

It was likely repurposed by the Blakists during their occupation of Hesperus II.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 24 December 2012, 11:14:15 »
It was likely repurposed by the Blakists during their occupation of Hesperus II.

They were using our lines. They had their own version of the flashman... they could have been making them there. Then again, that line could have been damaged or something. Most unfortunate... i think i'll keep them being produced there... in my universe.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #50 on: 24 December 2012, 11:39:53 »
The Men Shen and Perseus fall into the "Good 'mech, bad configurations" problem. The Strider should not be touched.
I like the Owens, but think it would be far better with DHS...which, hey the Steiners could easily upgrade it. Actually..
the Steiners should take the first generation Omnis and upgrade the tech...

I really like the fire starter omni also.  I think we could really do something nice with the men-shen and the blackjack omni's.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #51 on: 24 December 2012, 11:42:16 »
I really like the fire starter omni also.  I think we could really do something nice with the men-shen and the blackjack omni's.

As I said: Good 'Mechs, bad configurations. Seriosly, the Menshen Prime: change the Medium Pulse out for ER Mediums, give it a second ton of LRM Ammo, Active Probe, ECM, and TAG....

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #52 on: 24 December 2012, 11:47:44 »
As I said: Good 'Mechs, bad configurations. Seriosly, the Menshen Prime: change the Medium Pulse out for ER Mediums, give it a second ton of LRM Ammo, Active Probe, ECM, and TAG....

Perfect electronics package mech. Something we can always use. I agree with the changes but I'd like to see a mml in there.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 24 December 2012, 12:35:15 »
Only three designs?  Black Hawk KU, Hauptmann, and Spector 7F?(whichever one is the base 7/11/7 LL/2ML model) for light mech duty. 

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #54 on: 24 December 2012, 12:54:49 »

I like the Owens, but think it would be far better with DHS...which, hey the Steiners could easily upgrade it.

The one problem I have with the Owens is actually a FWL problem. It's mentioned that the 1st Marik Militia (the Avenging angels, ooh-rah!) has a lance of Owens for Recon. 4 'Mechs with C3S....how do they coordinate again?

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 24 December 2012, 13:00:07 »
Something with 2 masters behind it?

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 24 December 2012, 13:00:19 »
On a side issue, does anyone else think this song has been updated and used by teh LCAF in the BT Universe ("Panzerlied")?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlE9eNWYj4

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 24 December 2012, 13:02:12 »
Col., tha is teh obvious answer but they make such a big deal in the FM about the 1MM fielding  a lance of C3-equipped Omnis. There's no C3M Pereseus which would be appropriate with the FWL's combined arms thing).

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 24 December 2012, 13:06:33 »
There are tanks with masters too.... i don't know what you folks have available tho.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #59 on: 24 December 2012, 13:29:51 »
They were using our lines. They had their own version of the flashman... they could have been making them there. Then again, that line could have been damaged or something. Most unfortunate... i think i'll keep them being produced there... in my universe.

The Robes did sabotage and/or booby trap a lot of production lines when they were pulling out.  The Flashman probably fell victim to that.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register