Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I remember one of my classmates getting in trouble when they brought Megatron to school.

Oh yeah. Those were the days.

Now, you can have a Megatron that is programmable (on an app on your smartphone) and self-transformable between robot and main battle tank mode, and can talk.

All for the low, low price of some $900.

But at least you won’t be mistaken for carrying a real weapon.

Ruger
BattleMechs / Re: Shadow Knight: It's cool because it sounds edgy
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 19:32:06 »
I am intensely interested in what the Shadow Knight looks like.

It is very similar, though the placement of the lasers wiill make playstyle a bit different.

From the stats it looks like the ML/SRM are untouched & the AC v/s LL "could be" minimal.  Not sure if we ever saw a Shadow-2K in art w/ the PPC.

The LA ML is probably same as the RA one.  The LRM to SRM however could be different a lot.
The OG Hawk w/ its Drum launcher would be very changed.  Probably like the Head Launcher but turned sideways so its a Side-By-Side instead of Over/Under.
The new Hawk Art has it in the chest IIRC, so would likely just be reduced tubes.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: “Bare metal” warships
« Last post by Crimson Dynamo on Today at 19:31:32 »
I've also seen (in Sorrastro videos on YT for Imperial Assault minis) the mixing of flat greys and metallics to represent base metals. It seems to work surprisingly well for a subdued look you may be looking for.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: LCT-1E Locust
« Last post by Crimson Dynamo on Today at 19:29:00 »
Oh that's very beautifully done! Is that a metal Reaper CAV base? I seem to recall they were a deal bigger than the IWM, and great for adding flair to basing. 
I think it could go either way. Keeping to camo certainly feels right given their MO, no argument. But Black May was a long time passed by the time they were reformed, and that reformation always felt a little pageantry-like as it reads in FM3145- using the survivors of the resistance to form a new Warrior House and rebasing them to Liao, quite the propaganda coup. I could easily see them wearing something other than camo to fit into that. Though at the same time, I'd note the sole example Ijori mini on CSO seems to have brown and beige camo with green-silver accents, so the answer to camo or classic could just as easily be "both."
MechWarrior Hall / Re: AFFS High Command, Generals and Gentlemen
« Last post by Charlie 6 on Today at 19:19:02 »
Howdy, Force!

My new novel is coming soon! Finished the revisions this week and I'm waiting on the print proof. Check out this cover!
That is awesome.  Good luck with it.
BattleMechs / Re: Can a Harvester Ant make a good AmbulanceMech?
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 18:53:42 »
Agreed on the speed... a 'mech would be pretty useful for extrication, but transport needs to be faster.
Ground Combat / Re: Holographic decoys and field guns
« Last post by Mendrugo on Today at 18:53:33 »
Fall of Terra has rules for how the deceit might be uncovered, in the Sandhurst scenario.
BattleMechs / Re: Can a Harvester Ant make a good AmbulanceMech?
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 18:45:43 »
Speed is life, literally.  That sucker would need move up to 5/8 or 6/9 to be viable all-terrian  Ambulance.
Ground Combat / Holographic decoys and field guns
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 18:41:33 »
So, there have been a few times in the fiction where a defending force has used holographic projectors to simulate a battlemech while using vehicles, infantry platoons with field guns, or battle armor to simulate the weapon fire of the fake mech.  The Hell's Horses campaign on Sudeten in Elements of Treason: Honor immediately comes to mind.  Are there any rules for how to do this on the actual tabletop?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10