Author Topic: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses II  (Read 177097 times)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Re: So.... How 'bout them horses?
« Reply #60 on: 12 October 2012, 09:22:40 »
The hell horses killed my family and raided my piggy bank...glue to them i say! Glue!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #61 on: 12 October 2012, 09:37:05 »

They're in my top five, after the Wolves, G Bears, and Adders and before the Yotes.

FWIW...
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #62 on: 12 October 2012, 10:40:10 »
I like them enough to feel sorry for them being saddled by Malvina in the DA.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #63 on: 12 October 2012, 10:44:51 »
The Sea Fox had a marketing gold mine when they sold Hell's Horses plushies with the license brand title of "My Little Hells Horses: Fighting Is Magic"  ;D

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 12 October 2012, 11:14:48 »
I love that the Hell's Horses are the only Clan that pushes serious innovations in their vehicles.

A willingess to experiment that has also been carried on by the Stone Lions, with their testing of the Nova CEWS system post-Reaving.

(The Lions represent one other interesting aspect of the Horse legacy; that they can essentially have a portion of their touman spun off into a whole new Clan without too many eyelids batted. At least, the existence of the Stone Lions seems to be less controversial than some of the various Wolf incarnations we've seen post-REVIVAL.)
« Last Edit: 12 October 2012, 11:17:09 by Nerroth »

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 12 October 2012, 11:38:21 »
I find them a fun clan to play and other CHH fans are fun to talk to.  As a whole CHH seems to evoke no particularly strong feelings. The combined arms focus makes them play differently enough from many other clans while still being able to field clan vanilla omnimech/eles. 

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 12 October 2012, 11:43:04 »
The Sea Fox had a marketing gold mine when they sold Hell's Horses plushies with the license brand title of "My Little Hells Horses: Fighting Is Magic"  ;D

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Just because i like CHH doesn't make. Me a brony  :D

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
Re: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses II
« Reply #67 on: 12 October 2012, 11:43:38 »
Thats one of the things i really like about the trial system, how they wsnted bondsmen with quad BA experience and then went out and got them. 

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #68 on: 12 October 2012, 12:26:43 »
They've also said that the novels aren't cannon.

We've never said that.

Novels are canon, same as sourcebooks, PDFs, TROs, art, and other sundried items.
Eh.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 12 October 2012, 12:45:27 »
We've never said that.

Novels are canon, same as sourcebooks, PDFs, TROs, art, and other sundried items.

So everything in all novels, source books, tro's,fm's, historicals etc are all cannon, is that correct?

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #70 on: 12 October 2012, 12:53:43 »
So everything in all novels, source books, tro's,fm's, historicals etc are all cannon, is that correct?

They're not cannon, no.

They're canon.  ;)
Eh.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #71 on: 12 October 2012, 13:45:29 »
They're not cannon, no.

They're canon.  ;)

Thank you, I was just getting ready to do that :D
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #72 on: 12 October 2012, 21:44:07 »

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Just because i like CHH doesn't make. Me a brony  :D

Of course, it is entirely coincidental that you are a fan of both. ;D

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 13 October 2012, 00:55:43 »
They're not cannon, no.

They're canon.  ;)

I don't have a bunch of time to look up pages in books and quote them so I'm going to drop this.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 13 October 2012, 01:17:58 »
I don't have a bunch of time to look up pages in books and quote them so I'm going to drop this.

Here, I'll do it for you, although I am using dictionary.com rather than a physical book because it is faster:

Quote from: dictionary.com, canon
can·on
1    [kan-uhn] Show IPA
noun
1. an ecclesiastical rule or law enacted by a council or other competent authority and, in the Roman Catholic Church, approved by the pope.
2. the body of ecclesiastical law.
3. the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art: the neoclassical canon.
4. a fundamental principle or general rule: the canons of good behavior.
5. a standard; criterion: the canons of taste.

Quote from: dictionary.com, cannon
can·non
   [kan-uhn] Show IPA noun, plural can·nons, ( especially collectively ) can·non, verb
noun
1. a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.
2. British Machinery . quill ( def. 10 ) .
3. Armor . a cylindrical or semicylindrical piece of plate armor for the upper arm or forearm; a vambrace or rerebrace.
4. Also called cannon bit, canon bit. a round bit for a horse.
5. the part of a bit that is in the horse's mouth.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #75 on: 13 October 2012, 04:39:34 »

Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure on this. I seem to recall the discussion vaguely from a few months back, but that's about it. GhostBear can feel free to jump in and correct me on this :)

I think the main problem is you're thinking about the wrong word. Everything published and approved by the writers/owners of BT is considered canon. Its part of the universe. So the novels are canon because they were written by writers under the direction of FASA for the line. On the other hand, fanfiction isn't canon. A few products that might have been semi-canon at one time, such as third party publications like fanzines, aren't necessarily canon now, due to issues of oversight, changes, etc. But officially published books are part of the canon.

What you're probably really discussing is if novels are, for the lack of a better phrase, Real Fact. If what happened in them is the Truth with a capital T. And for a while, it was that way. While sourcebooks were considered In Character publications, and thus limited by what the person in the universe knew, novels were considered to not have that filter. You were there watching the action, often from a third person omniscient view. You weren't reading a report about Victor skiing on Tharkad, you were watching Victor skiing on Tharkad, and thus you knew that the event occurred.

The change seems to be not that the novels are no longer canon, but that they aren't the final arbiter of what is the Truth of the universe. Just because you read something in the novel, doesn't mean it happened exactly that way.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 13 October 2012, 11:05:24 »
 I had a really fun game last night with one of my new players. CHH Omega Keshik vs. CGB Silver Root Keshik. ( my new player likes the Bears )

It was star on star,mechs only ( because i wanted to make it fair  >:D ) on a 4x4 ruined city scape map.

Forces
CHH                                                  CGB
Executioner H                                   Kingfisher H
Ebon Jag A                                       Warhawk Prime
Balius C                                            Arcas
Iceer Ferrit H                                    Stormcrow H
Cougar E                                          Dragonfly prime

It seemed i was on fire last night with the UAC20's. It didn't matter what range i was at either.I fired and hit with both except for one shot. The worst one was when i hit with both ERLL and both ac20 shots in the CT on teh warhawk from the Ebon Jag...that was very unlucky for him since i cored him. We were both ammased by that one.He didn't hear me correct the first time i said all hit in CT, i had to repeat it. So i was already hot from previous round of fire and hit shutdown, missed the 10+ and since i took fire i fell. didn't do too much damage.

Where i did take a lot of famage was the Executioner vs. the Kingfisher.That lumbering bastard had taken out my Balius with a heavy LL shot to the head earlier so i was after some payback. It had previously fallen from fire and was getting up when i closed on it with masc. I was hoping to do a repeat of the ebon jag on the warhawk but no such luck. I hit with everything but failed to take that monster down. I over heated way above the scale,failed shutdown AND ammo explosion  :'( took out my left torso and i fell from fire.

This turn the arcas was in a bad spot,he turned him to run from me but the ebon jag was right on his ass. my AC20 made an awesome money shot,taking out his side torsoand hitting center with the carry over.

The dragonfly fell in water and breached in 3 places,ending it's game.The cougar had to force withraw from fire from the Arcas. The fenris got ballsy and decided to take on the Stormcrow...the end of that was undecided since the fenris was staying out of range of the Stormcrows twin heavy LL's after one barrage hit.

we called it a wash. CHH had a broken,over heated Executioner,a barely touched ebon jag,a hurt Ice ferrit and a retreating cougar.CGB had a hurt Kingfisher,and a Stormcrow in decent condition .

We probably went 6-7 rounds and played about 3 hours. Good times.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #77 on: 13 October 2012, 16:41:38 »
Sounds like a good game.  O0 

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 14 October 2012, 08:05:13 »
Just because the Hell's Horses are that cool...if people haven't realized it yet, the new Companion for the RPG gives stats for the small hovercraft that the HH's infantry is using in TR3085.

Nightsky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 14 October 2012, 20:14:39 »
The awesome helmet should have stats too, there's no way anyone could wear that and fail to impress everyone they meet. Even if it's not worn with the standard HH battle dress; business suit, ball gown, sports casual, I bet it goes with anything.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #80 on: 14 October 2012, 22:26:49 »
No doubt!  With the Horses occupying  much of the barrens now, I'm going to have pirates show up wearing those, just to freak people out.  :o
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 15 October 2012, 00:09:26 »
The awesome helmet should have stats too, there's no way anyone could wear that and fail to impress everyone they meet. Even if it's not worn with the standard HH battle dress; business suit, ball gown, sports casual, I bet it goes with anything.

Technically the helmet does have stats, but its just the generic clan armor kit helmet...no bonuses for the giant crest :)

Ryyan FireStallion

• Private
  • Might Before Metal!
« Reply #82 on: 15 October 2012, 12:41:06 »
ok so its 3085. Which Hells Horses unit are you running, trothkin. And why?
Star Commander Ryyan

Hell's Horses Fan Design Forum
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,3222.msg74142.html

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 15 October 2012, 14:09:46 »
See sig.

Because they're still around...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #84 on: 15 October 2012, 18:09:18 »
666th Mechanaized Assualt Cluster!

Cause we defend our clan!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 15 October 2012, 22:21:14 »
666th Mechanaized Assualt Cluster!

Cause we defend our clan!

TT

and then get nuked by Malvina :P

Clearly the 69th Battlemech Cluster is the way to go (I'm a fan of the 67th as well)

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: 15 October 2012, 22:23:47 »
my unit is still the 666th. i like the 69th though because it`s funny, though i feel like there are some parts of them that are just becoming a running joke
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: 17 October 2012, 19:55:11 »
Well in 3085 I am left with the 11th Mechanised Cluster from Alpha.  The good 'ole 229th Mechanised Strike became their own employer....

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #88 on: 17 October 2012, 20:45:42 »
Alpha Galaxy is as specific as I get.  The scheme is pretty simple, and the motto is a lot of fun. 

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #89 on: 20 October 2012, 17:22:49 »
Do y'all think using tanks, BA, and Protos to teach new players is a bad idea? 

I've got some folks interested in Battletech but I'm not sure if I want to stick to just mechs or if I want to intro vees and the like. 

Register