Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)  (Read 324150 times)

Vition2

• Lieutenant
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)
« Reply #1410 on: 28 January 2016, 02:24:08 »
Bonus time attached you'll see the current WarShip list and the primer for something new I'm trying to set up it marks out where all a state's commands will be primarily based.  I've only had time to do the Star League Defence Force but hopefully it makes sense please if anyone wishes to suggest any improvements feel free.

I like them, the only suggestion I have is that you could probably simplify the Guard Regiments and equivalents in other nations by saying "this is what a typical Guard Regiment looks like, they are located on every planet (or every planet within x jumps of the border)."  Then point out the exceptions: "Terra has 3 of these, while Terra Firma has 2 and Northwind has an additional BattleMech Training Regiment associated with [insert training facility here]."

I like it fine how it is but this might make it a bit less work for you.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1411 on: 28 January 2016, 17:15:42 »
« Last Edit: 16 February 2016, 19:33:33 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1412 on: 01 February 2016, 23:25:01 »
Into 3102 - my thanks to DOC_Agren for the contribution of Korbin's Kommandos Mercenary Command.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=50991.new#new

Annual Planetary Survey
Defiance, Point Barrow Combat Region
Crucis Mach, Federated Suns
9th January 3102

In the annual survey of the Federated Suns, for the first time in the nation’s history, Defiance is given a class B rating for the standard of living. This is a significant step up from its previous ratings and is all down to the eight atmospheric scrubbers financed by the NAIS and the University of Thorin which continue to clean the atmosphere and the Star League’s investment in the planet’s infrastructure. Experts predict in the next fifty to one hundred years the world will be among the most beautiful in the whole of the Federated Suns.

Observation Post
Irurzun, Irurzun Prefecture
Military District of Benjamin, Draconis Combine
18th January 3102

Looking through long range scopes the troopers watched as the press conference began to muster “standard security by the looks of it.”  One of them commented at the back of the room Christopher Grant glanced at his watch and rose from his chair.

“I’m going to check the perimeter” he said one of the others looked at him and then the fourth member of their team.

“Eric you go with him.”

“I can manage…” Christopher began but was quickly interrupted.

“You know the drill no-one goes out alone” he said Christopher reluctantly nodded glancing at Eric.  The two then headed out the back door and down the small flight of stairs to the alley behind the building.  Reaching the street Christopher glanced to both sides before stepping out.

“You check that side Eric” Christopher said pointing to the right while he went to the left of the building.  Christopher moved slowly around the building checking in front and behind him as he went as he moved he approached a red bin raising the lid on one of the bins.  Quickly throwing two in bags to the side he saw the KA-23 Subgun that had been left for him picking it up he flicked out the cartridge seeing it was full he quickly pushed it back in he then unscrewed the attached silencer and checked it before reattaching it to the gun.  Christopher moved around the building quickly returning to the entrance he saw Eric rounding the building Christopher quickly raised the gun and pulled down on the trigger cutting down the man with several hits to his chest.  Slinging the rifle over his shoulder Christopher moved quickly checking on Eric, he saw that the man was dead, grabbing him under the arms he dragged him inside the ground floor.

Closing the ground floor door he moved the KA-23 behind his back and moved up the stairs. Entering the upper room he saw the two observers were still in place one of them glanced over at Christopher before looking back down their scopes “where’s Eric?”

“In the head” Christopher replied after a moment stepping closer to the other two neither of them moved why should they?  He was no threat to them.  Without a hesitation Christopher drew the sub-machine gun from his back and sprayed the two men laying observing the press conference killing both instantly.  Crossing the room Christopher opened the case seeing the sniper rifle inside; they had it purely as a precaution just incase new orders had arrived while they were here so far no orders from command had come down but Christopher had a use for it now.

Moving the two bodies from the window Christopher grabbed the sniper rifle and moved to the window and then waited watching gathering crowd.  Christopher watched as the Prefecture leader Thomas Lyons moved onto the podium.  Christopher looked down the sniper rifle’s scope looking over the Duke reached for his encrypted radio “Black Dragon have hit our position, I’m evacuating” he called into it before sighting his scope and pulling the trigger.  Christopher watched as the sniper shot flew through the air covering the kilometre between them striking the Duke of Irurzun on the upper chest.  Moving quickly he grabbed three fragmentation grenades activating them he threw them down before running out of the door and down the stairs he disappeared down the street as the explosives he had left went off gutting the observation point.

Over the next twenty hours the DCMS locked down Irurzun searching for the perpetrator of the attack.  For three days the Draconis Combine Mustered Society and Draconis Combine Intelligence searched for the source of the attack they found the observation point, the three charred bodies and the Draconis Combine built weapons but did not get much further.  Throughout the Combine anger rose that it was the Black Dragons who had attacked them but there were also rumblings that this close to the border that it may have been someone from the Federated Suns.

Four days later Christopher Grant was evacuated off the planet on a civilian transport and returned to the Federated Suns his radio call regarding a Black Dragon attack on the Observation Post covered him for responsibility of his team’s death and indicated that rebellious elements from within the Draconis Combine were responsible for the sniper attack.

LIC Mercenary Hire
Tharkad, Donegal Province
Lyran Commonwealth
26th January 3102

After several intelligence operations against the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus and with LCAF guarding against Clan threats the Lyran Intelligence Command hires Korbin’s Kommandos, a battalion sized combined-arms mercenary unit, commanded by Colonel Burt Korbin to act as muscle to be used in any future assault against the Brotherhood in support of Intelligence Operatives.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2016, 19:33:11 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1413 on: 02 February 2016, 04:24:48 »
Great update, I got A Dirty Dozen vibe from the sniper bit, was half expecting the commander to go 'The Duke...' as the Sniper wavered his sight on the Coordinator.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #1414 on: 02 February 2016, 04:44:58 »
Looking through magnifying glasses the troopers watched as the press conference began to muster
Must have been a really small press conference  >:D
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1415 on: 02 February 2016, 12:29:17 »
Great update, I got A Dirty Dozen vibe from the sniper bit, was half expecting the commander to go 'The Duke...' as the Sniper wavered his sight on the Coordinator.

Argh thought I'd deleted Minoru originally I did have him there but he's fighting the Bears I must have taken this from wrong version now corrected

Must have been a really small press conference  >:D

Now one shorter
« Last Edit: 02 February 2016, 12:30:58 by Dragon Cat »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1416 on: 03 February 2016, 01:47:22 »
Defence Deployment
Arc Royal, Arc Royal Theatre
4th February 3102

Showing their dedication to the Lyran Commonwealth Clan Mountain Wolf deploys the first Gulltoppr OmniMonitors on Arc Royal and Atocongo.  These one hundred-and-ninety ton super-heavy vehicles are intended on shoring up defence units on both planets.  Clan Mountain Wolf announces that it plans to trade the Gulltoppr to the Lyran Commonwealth, to mercenary commands assigned to the Clan borders and the Star League Defence Force if they are interested as well as deploying it themselves.

This deployment comes as Clan Jade Falcon returns to the Morges system contesting its ownership and recovering the crippled Silver Talon which had been slowly drifting out of the system abandoned by the Jade Falcons and the liberating forces.  As Jade Falcons stream onto the planet Jade Falcon WarShips obliterate Clan Mountain Wolf’s Implacabable, a Black Lion-class Battle-cruiser, which had been supporting ground efforts.  The Jade Falcons are not able to gain complete control over the system but the defenders are unable to dislodge the attackers.

Follow-up assaults
Alshian District, Rasalhague Dominion
18th February 3102

Following their previous successes against the Rasalhague Dominion the remaining Ghost Regiments launch further strikes striking at Maulang and Yamarovka.  Like the previous strikes the Ghost Regiments double and triple up against the Ghost Bears with the First and Fifth supported by two WarShips striking Maulang and the Seventh, Eighth and Ninth, also supported by two WarShips, striking against Yamarovka.  The Bears on Maulang fight a Trial of Possession against the numerically superior Combine troops and lose before agreeing to withdraw from the system.  The Bears on Yamarovka, the Sixty-eighth Striker Cluster of Delta Galaxy, refuse to engage in honourable combat instead fighting heavily against the Ghost Regiments.  Numerically outnumbering the Ghost Bears and with WarShips in support of them the Ghost Regiments crush the Ghost Bear cluster wiping out the Clan troops.

Parliament Building, Atreus City
Ionia, Atreus, United Marik Worlds
Former-Free Worlds League
22nd February 3102

“It has been too many days since this building was used” Prime Minister Allison Kaning said glancing around the table at the other leaders of the Former-Free Worlds League.  Following the recent Star League Conference she had contacted the other leaders by HPG inviting them to this meeting now she sat with the other three leaders around the Captain-General’s table on the lowest level of the Parliament.  Either side of them on stepped levels were the empty chairs set aside for the leaders of each planet of the Free Worlds League creating a Colosseum like room that felt empty with only four in them when it could fit hundreds.

“Corrine Marik did not believe it was our place to lead from this room.”  Captain-General Joseph Marik said glancing around them taking in the room; it was the first time that he’d been in this building let alone the Parliament room.  “I happen to agree” he said this was too flamboyant a room for his tastes.

“As do I” Prince Lester Cameron-Jones said “if we held this system we would not lead from here it is not our right.”

“Perhaps it is time that someone did lead from this world.”  Allison Kaning suggested looking at the other leaders calmly.

“Like you?”  Captain-General Jonas Halas asked with a small amount of anger “you may be the oldest in this room and you may have quietly absorbed many worlds of our League but that does not qualify you to lead the Free Worlds League.”

“I did not say that” she said ignoring the comment about her age she was twenty years older than Jonas who was the oldest of the others and she was a career politician but that did not matter not today.  “I believe that the people of the Free Worlds League should be allowed to choose their own destines.  My position within the Outer League Alliance is an elected one I believe it is time the Free Worlds League elected its new leader.  She said looking at the other three people a new Captain-General with a parliament that represents us all.”

“An elected leader with the threats that we face?”  Joseph Marik asked “I face the threat of Clan Wolf ever single day the Lyran Commonwealth are continually testing our borders.  We need strong leadership without having to wait for a parliament to react.”

“I will not support a return to Resolution 288.”  Jonas Halas said “one Captain-General does not rule this nation it does not work.”

“I agree” Lester Cameron-Jones said

“As do I” Allison Kaning conceded “however I believe that together we could pool our resources in trade and on the diplomatic stage bringing a greater deal of leverage on our opponents.”  She said the others did not oppose her plan “I propose that our nations continue to control our own military forces and border controls but Parliament is allowed to reform, to promote trade and to represent a once again united Free Worlds League on the diplomatic stage.”

“If we continue to control our own military forces then why do we need a reformed Free Worlds League?”  Jonas Halas asked he sounded curious.

“People ask the same thing about the reformed Star League Defence Force yet we support it.”  Alison Kaning suggested “together we will have a single voice.  No longer will the Lyran Commonwealth, Clan Wolf or the Capellan Confederation be facing against one of us but instead it will be against all of us.”

“Yet we control our own military forces?”  Lester Cameron-Jones suggested

“Correct” Allison Kaning said “we allow the people to decide who rules the Free Worlds League and we hold regular arranged elections so no-one remains in charge of this reformed League.”  She said “there will be no return to a resolution where one person gains control over our nation at the expense of others” making it clear that she would not agree to this sort of arrangement “if such a Resolution is raised then the Outer League Alliance will withdraw from this League.”

“As would the Principality of Regulus” Lester Cameron-Jones agreed nodding to Allison Kaning giving her his support.

“We all would” Joseph Marik said quietly thinking.  “I am the leader of Marik, I am the leader of House Marik” he said quietly looking around the room “it has been too long since House Marik shared the status of the other great houses.”

“Even if it is not a Marik in charge of this reformed nation?”  Jonas Halas asked looking at the Captain-General “you would not necessarily be Captain-General of this League Joseph Marik.”

“Yes I know” he said quietly “but I would continue to rule the Marik Worlds and I would have a voice in this room” he said seeing the attraction of a united Free Worlds League.  “May I suggest one year from now Parliament meet in this place and we begin?”

“A lot can happen in a year” Lester Cameron-Jones said ruefully “but I agree one year from today assuming we all feel the way we do today we invite leaders from every world to this place and the Free Worlds League returns.”

“The Free Worlds League returns” Allison Kaning said proudly knowing that in one year her hard world would come full circle and a nation would be reborn.

“House Marik will return” Joseph Marik said confident that his name would carry the vote in an election of their nation glancing around he saw similar confidence from Lester Cameron-Jones and Jonas Halas.  He knew that he’d have a tough time against the two men but that was a year away and a lot could happen in a year.

The leaders left Atreus over the next few days but already news of the meeting had begun to spread throughout the systems of the various nations and districts of the former-Free Worlds League.  On their return to their home nations the leaders of each nation broke the news to each of their systems and the political campaigns began to become the newest Captain-General of the united Free Worlds League.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1417 on: 03 February 2016, 02:51:12 »
I wonder how many political assassinations and other normal FWL happenings will occur in one year. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1418 on: 03 February 2016, 16:10:13 »
I wonder how many political assassinations and other normal FWL happenings will occur in one year. O0

Lots I would imagine.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #1419 on: 03 February 2016, 18:18:15 »
Nice.  I like the update.  Always have been a fan DragonCat.  Although I have never been able to read all of it.  I hope to one day soon.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1420 on: 03 February 2016, 22:33:58 »
It's my hopes to collect them all and put them in-self published book so i can read a paper book version.

It would be easier to read for everyone. It's such a big publication.

As for the update.  League space does need a united defense, but frankly their too much at odds among themselves to keep themselves together long enough to not abuse their time in office. Leader of the Free Worlds League United, would need be nice have someone who not a Duke or providence leader.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1421 on: 05 February 2016, 21:30:12 »
FWL, Assassinations never!!

Nice to see my boys making a showing..  I hope they do the job.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1422 on: 09 February 2016, 06:01:17 »
Nice.  I like the update.  Always have been a fan DragonCat.  Although I have never been able to read all of it.  I hope to one day soon.

Always welcome

FWL, Assassinations never!!

Nice to see my boys making a showing..  I hope they do the job.

As are additional units I can always find uses for mercenary units, house units, Clan units, pirates you name it I'll use

Supervolcanic Eruption
Kirklin, Combat Region
Crucis March, Federated Suns
2nd March 3102

“This is the fifth day of volcanic eruptions Dr Zio can you tell us when it will likely subside?”  Duke Eric Morgansteen asked looking at one of his scientific advisers.

“Sire, these eruptions threaten the entire Caldera” Zio explained moving his hand over the map of the continent “if these eruptions do not stop naturally then this entire area will become active.”

“How large of an area is that?”  Morgansteen asked looking at the map seeing it take in part of his capital city Kooperville and part of the Kallon Industries production facility that was on the planet.

“Roughly forty miles by thirty-one” Zio said “sire, should the entire Caldera erupt it will throw enough ash into the air to block out the sun, across the majority of the planet temperatures will drop below zero for the majority of the year even around the equator it will hover in the mid teens all year round.”  He explained “effectively the surface of this planet will not be able to support our current population or anything over the tens of thousands.”

“You are talking about almost half a billion souls that cannot be supported.”  Duke Morgansteen explained “we haven’t got the lift capacity for a quarter of that.  How long will it take for the caldera to erupt fully?”

“We know little of this type of occurrence I know of it happening only twice on an occupied human planet one took less than forty-eight hours to erupt in 2312 while the other burned for nearly four months before finally fully erupting.”  He explained “it could be as little as days or it could go on like this for months; or this could be its new natural state we simply don’t know Yellowstone Park on Terra has been geologically active for centuries but never erupted fully.”  He pointed out finally.

“Let’s hope that it is that latter option.”  Morgansteen said thinking an active volcanic system would make things difficult but they could live with it, a full eruption in months months might mean they could save many more people turning his chair activating the computer screen he looked into the mounted camera “This is Duke Eric Morganteen of Kirklin, Duke Cunningham, we have an unprecedented natural disaster on our planet a volcanic caldera has opened, ash is rising into our atmosphere and molten lava is flowing.  My chief scientific adviser believes that this may be the beginning of a super-volcanic eruption one that will affect our entire planet.  I call for humanitarian aid to Kirklin and advise that we may have to try to evacuate all citizens of this planet before a crisis strikes that is of greater cost than any since the Succession Wars.”  He said finishing his message “Duke Cunningham I beg of you my world cannot be saved but please help my people.”  He said ending the message sending it to Kestrel and New Avalon Kirklin needed all the help that it could get.  Turning his chair he looked at the planetary defence leader Colonel Michael Carson.  “Colonel, I need your people to begin evacuating the immediate areas effected by the caldera.  Do not force people to leave their homes it will be their choice if they wish to leave this planet before the end.”  He said pausing for a moment “I will address the population soon all civilians will be advised that only hand baggage will be allowed on evacuation transports.”  He explained.

“What of Kallon Industries?”  Carson asked the factory was important to the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns.

“It will be up to Kallon to evacuate their own facilities” Morgansteen said “our priority is evacuating as many of our citizens as we possibly can.  Dr Zio please keep me informed regarding the Caldera I need as much information on its status as you can give me.”

“I will keep you informed sire”

“Let’s get to work” Morgansteen said finally he realized he may be the leader of a dying world but he would do everything he could to save as many people as he could.

Evening Meal, Steiner Palace
Arcturus, Donegal Province
Lyran Commonwealth
11th March 3102

“It’s good to have you home” Admiral Patrick Doyle said looking over the meal at his wife Archon Jessica Steiner “Arcturus has missed you.”

“Just Arcturus?”  She asked looking back across at her husband.

“No of course not, I’ve missed you too” he said smiling lightly “how was your trip in?”

“Good having two Battle-cruisers follow my every move makes for easy travelling” she said commenting on his order for a second Mjolinir-class vessel to be assigned to her protection.

“It is effective at flying the flag few people could mistake who is arriving with them along and the Mjolinir is a good advertisement for Steiner engineering.” Patrick replied avoiding the real reason for the assignment.

“Of course they are but you're right it is good to be home” she said deciding to change the topic “how is Arcturus?”

“Good better now that the Clans are not charging down on us, some have suggested we join the Royal Court on Tharkad.  The summer markets are in full swing bringing in traders from across the Commonwealth we even had interest from the Combine this year."  He explained she was surprised to hear of the foreign interest but glad to see things were progressing even without her.

“My father came to this planet we will remain.”  She replied proudly there was something about this world that always seemed to work she thought eating some food before looking back at her husband “how about we ignore… business… for a little while?”  She asked Patrick remained quiet for a moment before reaching forward and picking up his wine glass tipping it towards her for a moment before drinking from it.  For the next four hours they spent time together as husband and wife forgetting the troubles of their past and of the Commonwealth both of them remembered what it had been like before their son's death before Jessica had returned to the service.  As night fell Jessica left the palace returning to the LCS Iron Fist which waited in orbit.

Even as the Archon enjoys some time with her husband the Lyran Commonwealth comes under a new threat from the Stone Spirits along their Periphery border.  The Stone Spirits fail to capture any of the Lyrans planets but they continue to keep the Lyrans on edge the Lyrans use the Obsidian Lancers Mercenary Brigade to assist in their defence.

Trial of Possession
Dehgolan, Rasalhague Dominion
17th March 3102

Clan Sea Fox’s Deathstrike Khanate wins Dehgolan from the Rasalhague Dominion marking a third world held by the Sea Foxes near the Rasalhague Dominion, their first near Clan Coyote held space and near Tukayyid.  The Khanate’s Seventy-sixth Strike Cluster win the planet in a simple Trial of Possession Khan Hanna Coston announces the world will be held as a trade world and open to all Clan based citizens and traders.  Within the Sea Fox Clan opposition to Hanna Coston's leadership remains high despite her successes in wresting Dehgolan from the Dominion.

Combine Offensive
Draconis March, Federated Suns
28th March 3102

In response to the assassination of a Prefecture leader the DCMS strike at Igualada, An Ting, Huan, Weponeta, McComb, Lima, Crossing and Benet III as they try to overwhelm and surround Federated Suns held territories.  Igualada, An Ting and Huan fall to the DCMS forces however the arrival of the FSS Pegasus in the Crossing system throws the DCMS’s second line of attacks into disarray the recently repaired Columbia-class Battleship is a match for any DCMS vessel involved in the attack and throws off the attack in the Benet III system as well as units arrive disorganized from Crossing.

The attacks on Weponeta, McComb and Lima are broken up rapidly by the AFFS but the attacks put the entire Draconis March on edge with units preparing for follow up assaults and preparing counter attacks.  Within the Draconis Combine Warlord Minoru Kurita calls off further assaults but already the damage has been done and planetary leaders within the Draconis Combine are looking for further strikes against the Federated Suns as the desires and glory of the Succession Wars begins to spread.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1423 on: 09 February 2016, 16:28:54 »
Hmm, the DC has been very aggressive recently.  I wonder how well that's going to end up - even with their current First Lordship of the SLDF.

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #1424 on: 09 February 2016, 18:11:36 »
however the arrival of the FSS Pegasus in the Crossing system throws the DCMS’s second line of attacks into disarray the recently repaired Columbia-class Battleship is a match for any DCMS vessel involved in the attack and throws off the attack in the Benet III system as well as units arrive disorganized from Crossing.
Good girl. Make your daddy proud  O:-)
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1425 on: 10 February 2016, 01:17:40 »
No naval combat, after all the effort Pegasus's daddy has done to prepare her.
I wonder how the FS is going to respond to the latest assaults.

I think the Lyrans will be starting to compare the Stone Spirits to fleas.
How are they going to get rid of them. O0
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1426 on: 10 February 2016, 02:39:55 »
Good girl. Make your daddy proud  O:-)

She's not quite the same ship she was when she was built... after her last adventure against the DC she's had a little refitting.  I'll have to finish up the stats and post at some point

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #1427 on: 10 February 2016, 04:56:54 »
She's not quite the same ship she was when she was built... after her last adventure against the DC she's had a little refitting.  I'll have to finish up the stats and post at some point
My little girls all grown up  :'(

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1428 on: 11 February 2016, 14:24:40 »
Trial of Possession, Andruien AeroTech
Westover, Outer League Alliance
4th April 3102

With the loss of their facilities on Lopez, Andruien and Gibson Andruien AeroTech had been barely maintaining a profit only the strong sales of the aerospace fighters produced on Westover had kept the company in business.  Despite this substance level exsistance the facility still appeared to be in good condition when Galaxy Commander Evangeline Clarke entered.  Her Steelsoul Khanate had been victorious in a recent Trial of Possession which had claimed Westover from the Outer League Alliance her Clan’s assistance in the Clipperton system had given them permission to claim this planet but a successful martial victory had won them the planet.

Entering the reception area Lady Shanna Valdssen looked like she was in her late forties, she also looked like despite her companies financial troubles she had maintained her appearance, she also appeared quite angry.  “Welcome to Westover” she said greeting the Sea Fox warrior.

“Thank you; you know why I am here quiaff?”

“Sorry?”  She asked not understanding the last word.

“You understand the terms of Westover’s surrender?”

“Yes, my facility and my people belong to your Clan now.  We will continue to produce aerospace units for the Outer League Alliance but primarily our products will be for Clan Sea Fox.”

“Correct” Evangeline answered “I wish you to remain as administrator for this facility.”

“As I understand it no-one who currently lives here is required to” she answered as part of the Outer League Alliance’s agreement with Clan Sea Fox no-one who lived on Westover or any of the systems moons were required to stay.

“Aff, that is correct, however you know this factory, this planet and the people who work here.  You are the perfect person to administer this plant for my Clan and to oversee the facilities upgrading to Clan specifications” Evangeline explained.

“Upgrades?”

“Aff” the Galaxy Commander said “soon this Clan will be a primary producer of aerospace fighters for Clan Sea Fox and for the Outer League Alliance” she promised the woman.

“With that challenge I accept your terms” Shanna Valdssen said

“Welcome to Clan Sea Fox Administrator Shanna” the Galaxy Commander said glancing around sure that the new facility would serve her Clan well.

Border Raids
Skvorec, Oriente Protectorate
11th April 3102

As rumours of a reunited Free Worlds League reaches the Magistracy of Canopus the periphery state raids several systems of the Oriente Protectorate intent on showing that even if the Free Worlds League reforms they will not lay down and be forgotten.  In the Skvorec system however the periphery raiders come across a surprise addition to the defences the First Twin Sons Regiment from the District of Lesnovo in the Outer League Alliance.  The regiment which had been demonstrating their ultra-light Mechs and hand-held weapons to the Skvorec Militia forces immediately support the Oriente defenders supporting their fellow Free Worlds League defenders driving back the Magistracy defenders.  The First Twin Sons Regiments performance further supports the idea of a reunited Free Worlds League throughout the territories formerly controlled by House Marik and wins the Twin Sons system contracts to supply Mechs and hand-held weapons to nearly a dozen planets in the Oriente Protectorate.

DropShip Dream Eater (Union-class DropShip)
Lima, Draconis March
Federated Suns
16th April 3102

For the last thirty-two years Masaya Nakatina had been a loyal daughter of the Draconis Combine commanding a Union-class DropShip, the Dream Eater, assigned to the Third Amphigean Light Assault Regiment.  She had commanded the same DropShip in battle against the Federated Suns and Clan Snow Raven successfully commanding during planetary invasions and in defence against aerospace fighters but today was different.

They had arrived in the Lima system two days before and found little resistance at the jump point only the ancient Bastion Space Station in orbit over the planet was still there and it wouldn’t stop their forces which included the DCS Aurora Wake, a Kirishima II-class Cruiser, then the game had changed behind their unit another ship had entered the system a Federated Suns vessel the FSS Pegasus.

The massive WarShip had quickly orientated towards their unit and accelerated chasing them down Masaya still marveled at watching the massive Columbia-class WarShip accelerate.  The one point nine million ton WarShip was capable of bursts of 4G acceleration and was quickly catching up with their force nerves on the Combine DropShips were high as the Pegasus got closer and closer.  Already the DCS Aurora Wake had turned backwards facing the incoming WarShip but they all knew there was little chance that the Cruiser would survive an assault against the Pegasus instead its job would be to try and delay the Pegasus and allow the ground forces to make ot to the planet.  Masaya glanced the rear camera in a vain attempt to see the incoming vessel but there was no way she would be able to visibly see it.

The Dream Eater’s sensors detected a massive burst of energy as the Aurora Wake attempted to engage the incoming WarShip with its battery of Heavy Naval Particle Cannons from the deep a massive there was corresponding burst of energy as the Cruiser’s weapons struck the incoming Federated Suns vessel.  Moments later there was another burst of weapons fire from the Pegasus as she returned fire engaging the Aurora Wake Masaya felt completely vulnerable her DropShip was designed to transport a company of BattleMechs not battle in space.  Suddenly from the front of the Pegasus there was a flash of light as the Battleship fired twelve massive Kraken Telescopic missiles from its forward array the missiles roared across space the first four had been targeted on the Aurora Wake the cruiser’s anti-missile defence systems engaged the missiles but two were still able to strike the WarShip’s armour blowing armour from the hull.  Masaya had not been looking at the missiles targeting the Kirishima instead she had focused on the other eight missiles the Pegasus had engaged the Amphigean Light Assault’s DropShips.  Designed to blast WarShip armour the Krakens tore after the transport DropShips Masaya glanced at her screens she saw aerospace fighters peel off trying to engage the missiles but there was little chance at stopping the missiles four DropShips were torn to pieces by the missile strikes two of them spinning out of formation crippled by the strikes.

The battle between the two WarShips was intensifying as the distances between the two ships decreased the Pegasus was rapidly closing on the Combine formation with the two WarShips engaging with their support firepower particle cannons continued to tear into both ships while the Aurora Wake added their naval autocannons into the mix the Pegasus added a newly refitted array of weapons twelve sub-capital missile launchers.  The sub-capital missiles were far smaller than their Capital cousins and usually reserved for anti-fighter and anti-DropShip combat but they were equally useful against a heavily armoured unit like the Aurora Wake and added to a second volley of Kraken missiles the made for an impressive showing.  Explosions tore over the Draconis Combine WarShip’s hull ripping open its armour as the Capital and Sub-capital missiles overwhelmed the Kirishima’s anti-missile systems.

The Pegasus continued to thunder forward maintaining its speed Masaya watched her sensors as the huge vessel closed on the Amphigean Light Assault’s DropShip the Aurora Wake continued to fire on the massive craft but its armour absorbed hit after hit as it passed through the Combine formation.  As the Pegasus moved through the Combine vessels naval lasers and more sub-capital missiles flew from the ship striking the Combine WarShip, DropShips and aerospace fighters.  Behind the Pegasus came its four aerospace fighter wings which added their firepower to the mix causing more chaos.

Watching the Dream Eater’s external camera feeds Masaya felt helpless there was nothing else she could do her DropShip was on a course for the planet they were evading incoming fire as best they could but the ship did not carry the firepower needed to engage their enemy.  She watched as the Pegasus’ nose dipped lower then turn end-over-end as the ship began to pivot turning her nose weapons back onto the Combine WarShip which was now behind her the WarShip’s speed took it through the Amphigean formation along the ship’s length naval lasers continued to lash out at the Combine units even as the vessel preformed the intricate maneuver.  Masaya shook her head watching the massive WarShip turn its massive bulk was a marvel of human engineering, and the desire to kill other human beings, which had created such a vessel.

In the centre of their formation the Aurora Wake attempted to turn to track the Pegasus but the damage already done to the craft and further damage caused by the turning Pegaus made the Aurora Wake’s turn sluggish.  A volley of Kraken Capital weapons tore into the rear of the Aurora Wake gutting several of its thrusters another volley of naval particle fire broke the back of the cruiser shattering the WarShip.

Even as fire gutted the Aurora Wake and escape pods left the stricken vessel the surviving DropShips were in their own fight for survival now their WarShip was gone and the Pegasus in front of them breaking heavily.  “SCATTER! SCATTER! SCATTER!”  The command passed through the DropShips any attempt to get to Lima was now pointless the Pegasus and her fighters would hunt them down before they reached the surface.  More capital and sub-capital missiles flashed from the front of the Federated Suns WarShip critically damaging DropShips and completely destroying aerospace fighters looking at her screens Masaya knew what she needed to do.

“This is Captain Masaya Nakatina commander of the DCDS Dream Eater to FSS Pegasus I am carrying a company of Light BattleMechs of the Third Amphigean Light Assault Regiment” she announced over an open communications channel she could see members of her bridge crew looking around “I am willing to offer my surrender as long as you do not harm my crew or passengers.”

“Pegasus to Dream Eater, maintain your course do not engage any aerospace fighters or DropShips under our command and you will not be harmed.  Deviate from these instructions and you will be considered hostile.”

“I agree to your terms” she said cutting the communications “I do not want to die in cold space” she said looking around the bridge “we’ve lost this fight let’s not make things worse.”

“Two Amphigean aerospace fighters are turning towards us!”  One crewmen shouted out Masaya maintained her composure watching the screens as the fighter pilots engaged them with long range missile launchers the fighter pilots taking Dream Eater’s surrender as a betrayal.

“Hold position” she said watching the missiles close on her ship “damage control teams to positions prepare for incoming damage.”  She ordered the missiles rapidly closed the gap slamming into the forward armour of the Union she glanced at her screens but didn’t see any bad damage this time but those fighters could fire again in a moment “damn you we’re on the same side” she cursed watching as the fighters fired again “department heads call in” she said watching the missiles close on her ship’s position but before they struck her craft a Davion Arondight DropShip flashed past swatting at least half of the missiles from space criminalizing the damage done to the Union.  Seconds later two Davion aerospace fighters flashed passed cutting the Amphigean fighters from the space with their gauss rifles.  The two fighters looped around the wrecked Amphigean fighters and came alongside the Dream Eater “Dream Eater, this is Hawkeye, Polar Bear and myself are your escort you are to hold your course to the planet and make it dirt-side once there you are to shut down and wait for instructions if we see Mechs coming out your doors things will not end well for you.”  The pilot said Masaya nodded as she looked at the strange fighters she didn’t recognize them and her DropShip couldn’t penetrate their electronic counter measures all she could be sure of was they were around seventy tons.

“Understood Hawkeye we will comply” she promised the pilot she had no intention on breaking their surrender.

“Captain, look at screen two” her executive officer Howard Kennedy said “then look back at screen one you see the insignia difference?” Masaya had a look at the two images it was from her DropShips external cameras looking at the two fighters one had the insignia of the First New Avalon Guards RCT while the other had the insignia of the Davion Heavy Guards RCT it was almost like the Federated Suns had culled aerospace fighters from across the AFFS to support the Pegasus.

“Interesting” she admitted “Pegasus did just come back into service” she said remembering the ship featuring prominently on a recent Intelligence briefing “perhaps her fighters were reassigned during her refit.”

“Maybe or maybe they just aren’t as strong as they are making out”

“Strong enough to beat us today” she reminded him “our escort is pulling back watching our descent take us into the atmosphere” she ordered a warning siren sounded throughout the ship warning the crewmen and passengers what was about to happen then the DropShip rolled end over end and slammed into the atmosphere briefly becoming an artificial meteorite as the DropShip’s hull interacted with the upper atmosphere.  After a few moments the shaking subsided slightly and Masaya released the straps on her acceleration couch and rose to her feet stretching “you have the bridge XO I’m going to tell our Mechjocks what’s happening” she said knowing the MechWarriors would be expecting to land and fight.

“I’ll get a security team to meet you” he said reaching for the intercom controls.

“No I’ll handle it myself” she said waving his concerns off.

“They could kill you those MechWarriors are crazy they won’t want to just surrender” he warned her.

“I’ll tell them they can argue with the Pegasus I’m pretty sure it’s not a fight they want to face.”  She said feeling drained from the flight she knew the MechWarriors would not like to surrender; the idea of being dispossessed was still a strong one despite the fact that most Mechs belonged directly to the Draconis Combine, but the simple fact was they’d been out maneuvered by the Federated Suns in this system.

In total two other DropShips had surrendered to the Federated Suns naval units, two more could be salvaged along with some of their cargo, while the remaining three DropShips had been completely and more than half of the aerospace fighters had been destroyed along with the Aurora Wake the Third Amphigean Light Assault had been effectively destroyed in battle and through surrenders.  Elsewhere Royal and Weponeta had fallen to the DCMS while the two states continued to contest McComb and New Aberdeen.

Public Announcement, Steiner Palace
Arcturus, Donegal Province
Lyran Commonwealth
22nd April 3102

National news in the Lyran Commonwealth reports that Archon Jessica Steiner has taken a leave of absence from her duties serving the Lyran Commonwealth Navy to concentrate on the needs of her family and her nation by leading her nation from the Steiner Palace on Arcturus.  Reports suggest that the Archon’s WarShip the LCS Iron Fist and its escort the LCS Typhoon, both Mjolinir-class Battle-cruisers, are likely to remain in the Arcturus system for the immediate future receiving new aerospace fighters to replace older craft and a softwear upgrade to their systems.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #1429 on: 11 February 2016, 15:43:05 »
Nice update.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1430 on: 12 February 2016, 01:50:18 »
After a hard days work coming home and getting a naval battle out of you DC was priceless. O0
Growing up is optional.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1431 on: 12 February 2016, 06:08:59 »
After a hard days work coming home and getting a naval battle out of you DC was priceless. O0

I'm glad you enjoyed

I forgot to link in the Columbia-class' stats
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=51124.0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1432 on: 24 February 2016, 16:18:41 »
High Command Briefing, Fox’s Den
Avalon City, New Avalon
2nd May 3102

“They did what?!”  First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion uncharacteristically snapped at his Marshal of Armies Sora Higginson around the table several members of the High Command leaned back out of the way of Victor’s gaze while behind their father Princes Burton and Fredrick Davion leaned back.

“Sire, on the Fourth of April 3102 Clan Nova Cat led by Khan Canin Rosse engaged the planetary militia of the system of Farnsworth in an early morning raid.”  She said beginning again Farnsworth was a system in middle of the Draconis March’s Hazelhurst PDZ.  “The Nova Cats neutralized the planetary militia, seized control over the HPG and took control over the jump points with naval assets.”

“Naval assets as in WarShips?”  Victor said looking to clarify the point glaring at Fleet Admiral Blaine Webster the head of the navy.

“Yes, sire a Conqueror-class Battle-cruiser and an Anna Rosse-class Battle-cruiser” Sora confirmed waiting a moment before she continued.  “Over the course of the next week the Nova Cats fought a series of Trials of Possession with planetary forces, these were of a limited scale with the Nova Cats allowing our citizens to live their lives as normal.”  She said

“It is how a Clan operates in general when they invade a system.”  Victor said remembering fighting the Clans in the past “they allow life to continue as long as they remain in control of the system.  Continue Marshal”

“On the second week of the occupation another WarShip entered the system.  This ship was another Conqueror-class Battle-cruiser and we believe that it belongs to Clan Snow Raven” she explained “this new arrival and the Nova Cat Conqueror proceeded to engage each other in a series of brutal duels.”

“The Clans battled over our system?”  Burton asked speaking ahead of his father

“No, sire” the Marshal of Armies answered “Clan Snow Raven did not land on the planet’s surface instead the two Clans battled in space the Snow Ravens appear to have been showing off their Conqueror which appears to have been modified from the standard design.”

“Modified?”  Blaine Webster asked interested in any changes to the Clan WarShips.

“It appears that the Snow Ravens have replaced the ships arrays of standard lasers and pulse lasers with dedicated anti-missile systems and replaced the LB-X Autocannons with HAGs.”  She explained “after several days of battle the Snow Raven vessel left the system and they were followed out of the system by Clan Nova Cat.  We believe that during their time on Farnsworth the Nova Cats seized several cargo shipments of precious metals, food supplies and over one hundred men and women as bondsmen.”

“So two Clans used our system as a testing ground and we find out about it a fortnight later?”  Victor asked concerned about the time delay.

“It appears that before the Nova Cats abandoned the HPG they disabled certain parts of the facility to delay a response from the planet towards command.”  She said trying to explain the delay why the two Clans had decided to use the system as a test was an unknown.

“And where are the Nova Cats and Snow Ravens now?”

“We believe they have left Federated Suns space milord” Sora Higginson replied “I have issued a directive to all AFFS commands, in both the regular and reserve armies, to report in their readiness should any system fail to respond I and Admiral Webster have discussed the use of a reaction force.”

“Very good, we can’t allow this to happen again, have the diplomatic corps approach the Nova Cat Embassy we are cutting off diplomatic relations” Victor announced he was still angry at the Clan’s actions and had made up his mind that if they wanted to act like the other Clans it was time the Federated Suns treated the Nova Cats that way.  “Admiral Webster, I know we have commitments to Victoria but I want the navy to increase the regularity of their patrols through our periphery systems I do not this happening again.”  He said dismissing the meeting he turned towards his two eldest sons.  “These people will hold this nation together when everything appears to be falling apart but you can’t cut them too much slack.”  He said as the officers filed out “Burton you’re going to remain here on New Avalon” he said to his eldest son “we need to formulate a force to counter any further response from the Nova Cats.”  He said Burton looked disappointed but nodded “Fredrick I need you to go back to Victoria Kym Hasek will be out of action on Kathil with the birth of her son we need someone senior on Victoria.”  He said looking at the young man “up for the challenge?”

“Yes sir I might need a bit more than the Fourth” he said concerned that his own Light Combat Team may struggle.

“We’re sending along with you the Light Davion Guards RCT, the Seventh New Avalon Guards RCT and the Second Tikonov Cossacks RCT to back you up along with any independent regiment you can scrounge from planetary defenders on the way.  I don’t want you to strip planets completely but I want the Capellans bottled up near Victoria we keep them focused there then we can deal with any further trouble from the Nova Cats or Combine.”  Victor said explaining his motivations Fredrick nodded his understanding Victoria was a prize for the Federated Suns but it distracted the Capellans which was worth far more at least in the short term.

Four days later the Federated Suns delivered an ultimatum to the Nova Cat embassy for the staff there to vacate the facility.  The Nova Cats would be allowed to remain in their firebase on the New Scotland continent at least until Victor Steiner-Davion contacted the Nova Cat leader and the Nova Cats explained their actions in the Farnsworth system.

Border Skirmish
Oriente Protectorate
9th May 3102

Further border fighting erupts between the Oriente Protectorate and the Magistracy of Canopus.  The periphery nation sending an expeditionary unit into Oriente territory commanded from the MSC Canopus, a Feng Huang II-class Cruiser/Carrier.  The Magistracy forces fight their way through the systems of Cap Rogue, Cole Harbour and Slendou landing occupation forces on each planetary body but in the Deschenes system the Magistracy forces encounter one of Oriente’s Monolisk-class Destroyers which is supported by assault DropShips and aerospace fighter units.  In the face of a WarShip equipped opponent the Magistracy of Canopus’ flagship withdrew instead of running the risk losing their ship.

Battle-site
Sailbury Plains, York
Alaron Province, Lyran Commonwealth
18th May 3102

Walking past a burnt out York Militia Zeus Assault BattleMech Colonel Burt Korbin chomped down on his cigar his unit Korbin’s Kommandos had arrived in the system six hours ago at a pirate point and made a combat drop less than two kilometres from here but unfortunately they had arrived too late to stop the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus striking an open blow on the LCAF in destroying the York Militia.  “We need to get ahead of this Agent Scott”

“The Brotherhood has existed in the shadows for hundreds of years they will not be easy to destroy.”

“If you can get us within striking distance of them they will break just as easily as any other enemy” Korbin replied his unit were almost all ex-members of the LCAF and although they were now mercenaries they were still dedicated to the defence of the Lyran people, even in their own way.

“We are working on it Colonel but we are engaged in a war of shadows it’s not as easy as blowing up a couple of Mechs.”  Agent Scott said but Korbin wasn’t looking at him Scott turned following his sight.

“Tell that to the York Militia” the mercenary commander said as the LIC Agent looked at the downed Zeus.

Cassandra, Clan Enclave
All Dawn, Rim Collection
Periphery
30th May 3102

Natasha Faraday stood at the side of the holo-table, her arms folded in her chest as she studied the holo-map of the Rim Collection and surrounding systems before her. Usually, the room would have been fully staffed with Rim Collection Touman personnel, but today wasn’t a regular day by far, she acknowledged, barely keeping herself from grimacing as the only other occupant in the room also studied the holo-map.  Natasha hated to admit it but the dezgra Stone Spirits were putting up quite a battle against her people on Seven Lands and she hated that she now had to share this fact with this newcomer.

“The Spirits are putting a hell of a fight against you on Seven Lands,” the man finally sounded out, annoying the Mandrill Khan further. His insinuation her forces were unable to hold the planet was almost the final straw.  It had been the Rim Collection’s ruling council that had agreed to give this man sanctuary in their nation Natasha believed it was a mistake.

“We had no problem holding them back in the past,” she answered the Inner Sphere-born warrior with pride. “Need I remind you while we may be outnumbered in terms of ‘Mechs, our CCT’s have large numbers of aerospace, armor, and power armor assets to more than make up for this weakness, making them roughly equal to a standard galaxy? The Fourth Rim Regulars CCT did when the Spirits began their assault three weeks ago.”

“I was not attempting to infer you were unable” he said defensively “it was just an observation.”  She had enough of this freebirth scum talking down to her as if she was still a munchkin in diapers. He may have been old enough to have sired her thrice over, but she was a hardened member of Clan Fire Mandrill and he was a freebirth Spheroid exiled from his own homeland on pain of death and who had until nearly a month ago had never lived within the Collection, much less visited her homeland. Though she chose her next words with care, she more then made sure the man felt her increasing ire of him.

“Leonard Stewart, the Collection is grateful for…Kindraa Stewart’s…past assistance.”  She said the Stewart family had facilitated the Rim Collection’s access to the Longinus Battle Armour when they had still been in their place of power in the Former-Free Worlds League it had been one of the reason the Rim Collection government had welcomed them “Yet its debt with you has been repaid when we allowed you and your followers to settle here.”  She reminded him “your efforts to reactivate the factory on Timbuktu is likewise a welcome addition and make your Kindraa an influentional voice in the future but militarily your… protection unit… is a minor miltiplier compared to our other forces you know little of our ways or of our enemies.”

“We are willing to prove ourselves” he said angrily.

“I am sure you believe you are” Natasha said “but I do not honestly know. You are from Marik space. Your people fight among themselves more often than they do against the Lyrans, Wolves, and Capellans put together,” she answered back nonchalantly. “Much like Clan Fire Mandrill did until our own exodus from the Homeworlds. Said exodus taught my Clan the value of working together. If your Kindraa attempts to serve your own goals instead of the Rim Collection’s goals then rest assured Kindraa Leader, my Clan Fire Mandrill will put your forces down permanently” she warned him, looking up and glaring at him.

“You can rest assured. My House, my…Kindraa….as you put it, only wants to rebuild itself we came here for survival. Your Collection offered us a more than fair deal and one my House will keep,” he answered her glare calmly with one of his own.

Neither wanted to show weakness, Natasha knew, and she respected the man for that much. For the sake of diplomacy, she decided to humor the man and allow him a small measure of trust. “Your Stewart Guard have full defensive responsibility for the factory facility on Timbuktu I will allow you full command over all military assets on Timbuktu, including my own Fire Mandrill units, to defend this facility.  Do not think that this turns that planet to your control it does not.  Clan Fire Mandrill still hold sway over Timbuktu but you will have responsibility for its defence.”

“My thanks for your trust” Leonard Stewart said humbly “Khan Faraday if I may ask what do you believe will happen between Hiberus and Gilfillian’s Gold?”  He asked recently following her failure in the recent election Megan Hall had recalled the three Rim Guards CCT’s to Hiberus while President Karen Able had recalled her own Lancer Clusters to Gilfillian’s Gold and Otisberg.

“I think that calmer heads need to prevail or my Mandrills will be forced to permanently interfere with more than one Kindraa of this nation.”  She said angrily “you probably know in fighting is not good for a nation” she said taking a swipe at him for his actions in the Free Worlds League.  Clan Fire Mandrill faced such problems once and has come out stronger because of it.”  She explained “we will allow the Rim Collection to find its way...”

“And if that way is to Civil War?”  He asked interrupting his people had been offered a place in the Star League Protectorate they had come here because it looked like they had a better chance here.

“Then it will end as briefly as it begins” she promised him “until then Clan Fire Mandrill will stand at the gates and maintain our borders against the nation’s enemies.”

“Kindraa Stewart will stand with you” Leonard said accepting his families new position subservient to the Khan and to the Rim Collection's government.  Leonard dreamed of releasing his families possessions from the the Free Worlds League and in releasing his families homeworld from Clan Wolf one step at a time.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1433 on: 25 February 2016, 01:26:33 »
I wonder how trustworthy the Stewarts will prove.
Growing up is optional.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1434 on: 25 February 2016, 23:33:06 »
Properly as long as it suits them.

Victor going give himself heart attack with knee jerking rections he doing.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
« Reply #1435 on: 27 February 2016, 00:55:37 »
This is why you ever turn your back on any Clanners you share a border with, also reason for the AFFS to look at a battlecruiser to back stop their lighter units that won't cost as much as more battleships.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1436 on: 27 February 2016, 14:06:27 »
Sigma Galaxy Command Base
Caphai, Nova Cat’s Den
Periphery
4th June 3102

“Star Colonel Alexi, welcome to Alpha Galaxy” Galaxy Commander Katherine Nostra said greeting the new warrior into her command.  Alexi was a member of the Mystic Caste and had been assigned to advise Alpha Galaxy’s command.  “I believe you failed your Trial of Bloodrite Quiaff?”

“Aff, Galaxy Commander, so I chose a different way to serve our Clan my blood has been added to the Mystic Caste gene-pools I have given up on having my genes living through future warriors to serve the Mystic Caste.”

“A worthy goal but you are still young you could have fought for a Bloodname again quiaff?”

“Aff, not my path” he said the man was only twenty-six years old he could have done much more for their Clan instead he had felt the call of the new caste.

“So your path brings you into my galaxy and you believe that you can guide my warrior’s quiaff?”

“I will guide anyone who is willing to listen.”

“You will have to guide them on the move Alpha Galaxy has been given permission by our Khan to raid the Draconis Combine.”

“Despite what is happening on New Barcella.”

“Because of that our Khan hopes we will find answers in the Combine or in the Federated Suns we will have to work extra hard during our raids.”

Twenty-ninth Star League Games
Star League Stadium, Solaris VII
Star League Protectorate
12th June 3102

Despite having Clan Wolf forces just over the border and the system being under heavy guard from the SLDF and LCAF the organizers of the Solaris Gaming Season had decided that the games would continue.  It was this stubborn profit at all costs attitude that had allowed the Solairs Games to flourish despite wars and invasions across the Inner Sphere.  As part of the Gaming season the Twenty-ninth Star League Games were to take place in the purpose built Star League stadium.  Due to the threat of Clan Wolf few beyond Solaris traveled to the system for the games instead it led to a games dominated by Solaris VII gladiators.

Debuting a new design the Storm Raider local favourite Amir Alhabi, originally from Coventry, dominates the battle running his light Mech in circles around his heavier opponents.  Using the “Liao Forbidden Temple and Wall” section of the stadium to keep cover between his Storm Raider and the other Mechs Alhabi is able to snipe at his opponents while avoiding the return fire.  After three hours Amir Alhabi is crowned the new Star League Games champion.

Star League Defence Force Deployment
Kittery, Kittery Prefecture
Star League Protectorate
28th June 3102

Intended as a means of fully securing the Kittery Prefecture and provide the small region with its own dedicated defence units the first Regiment of the Kittery Protectorate Defence Division is formed.  Named the Kittery Lament Regiment it falls under the direct command of Protector-General Devlin Stone and is commanded by Colonel Belle Lee.  The unit is formed around a Mech Regiment, two armour regiments and a jump infantry regiment with battle armour and aerospace fighter units in support.  Protector-General Devlin Stone directs that this new regimental brigade should be assigned to the defence of Kittery.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2016, 14:10:10 by Dragon Cat »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1437 on: 28 February 2016, 17:18:05 »
Royal Birth, Marik Royal Medical Facility
Marik, United Marik Worlds
9th July 3102

On the homeworld of House Marik new life is welcomed into Captain-General Joseph Marik’s world as his first son Anson is born.  Both the new arrival and Joseph’s wife Lucy are reported as doing very well in the care of the Marik family doctors.

Battleline Allard-Liao Palace
St Ives, St Ives PDZ
Capellan March, Federated Suns
13th July 3102

Duchess Jaylen Davion coughed heavily as smoke rose into the cockpit of her Stealth OmniMech the Capellans had landed on St Ives four days ago and had pushed heavily against the defenders she knew her husband’s unit the First St Ives Jannisaries RCT had been destroyed in the opening fighting.  She’d heard reports that Tristen had been badly injured while other reports suggested he had been captured by the Capellans unfortunately she couldn’t spend the resources searching for him.  She watched as a Capellan Emperor stepped into view renewing the attacker’s assault on the Allard-Liao family home with a laser blast high over the troops into the damaged but still standing palace.  This world had adopted her despite her troubled marriage to Duke Tristen Alliad-Liao and that building was her home “are you going to accept that?”  Jaylen transmitted over an open channel “for someone to come to our home and disrespect where we life?”  She said angrily “well I am Duchess Jaylen Davion, daughter of Victor Steiner-Davion, wife of Duke Tristen Alliard-Liao and I say NO!”  She shouted identifying herself as she raised her Stealth’s weapons and fired at the Emperor.  Across the line the remaining St Ives Lancers, including Justin and Marko Rubinsky twin sons of Cassandra Allard-Liao, joined her fire at the Emperor.  Behind the Capellan Mech a Highlander, Vindicator and Viking BattleMechs were stepping into view as the Capellans threw everything they had at the remaining lancers missiles and lasers tore into Jaylen’s Mech as her announcement of her presence brought increased enemy fire on her medium OmniMech.

“We say NO!” Another MechWarrior screamed stepping his Shootist BattleMech into the path of weapons fire taking hits that had been aimed at Jaylen’s position.  From each side of the Duchess’s Mech St Ives Lancers were stepping from their position flooding the gap between her Mech and the Capellans all echoing her rallying call.

Many of the lancers fell as they charged forward but with them they brought a ferocity that within minutes had seen en entire Capellan Company, including the first Emperor, fall.  Not waiting for orders or for direction driven by anger and a desire to hurt the invaders the Lancers charged forward despite Capellan counter fire intent on bringing as many weapons on the enemy as possible.  Marching her own Mech forward Jaylen watched as a gauss rifle shot tore the right arm from Marko Rubinsky’s Helios knocking the BattleMech to the ground.  Even as she stepped past the fallen Mech she saw Marko was rolling the Mech over picking his Mech up.  Alongside her another Helios, this one piloted by Marko’s brother Justin, was peppering Capellan positions with his Mech’s short range missile launchers.  Continuing forward Jaylen added her own Mech’s lasers and missiles to the barrage being put out by her Lancers today they were going to show the Capellans they had come to the wrong world.

Fourteen hours later Jaylen Davion was back at what remained of her family home medics were tending to her right shoulder following a cockpit breach which had destroyed her Stealth's cockpit and torn open her body.  Her remaining commanders briefed her of their losses.  “The Capellans had been expected at Victoria yesterday, that attack has failed to emerge, we now believe they rerouted their assets to the attacks here, Nashur and Armaxa.  We are still dislodging them from here and from Armaxa while the Nashur attack was broken up by the FSS Crocea Mors.” Field Marshal Tamas Rubinsky explained.

“What did we ever do before WarShips?”  Jaylen asked half joiningly there were those that were against WarShips believing they were too expensive and had detracted from the position that Mechs held within the nations of the Inner Sphere but their presence could not be ignored.  Despite their being no WarShip in this system the Capellans had directed dedicated assault assets that would have attacked St Ives to Nashur because of the presence of the FSS Crocea Mors.  “Reroute additional assets to Armaxa we can handle the remaining Capellans here” Jaylen ordered Tamas nodded “any news on Tristen?”

“We found your husband’s Mech at the Justin Allard-Liao Spaceport its engine and gyro sections had been completely destroyed we believe by containment failure.  The damage done to the Mech was extensive but we believe the cockpit module safely ejected before the engine gave way unfortunately we have still found no sign of Tristen or…” Tamas said pausing for a moment “or any sign of his body but there is extensive damage that has been done to the capital.”  He said quietly he didn’t need to tell Jaylen that she had been in the heart of the fighting in the city thousands had been lost, tens of thousands displaced and it would take billions to repair the damage done.

Planetary Evacuation
Kirklin, Kestrel Combat Region
22nd July 3102

Above the world of Kirklin there were more starships than there had ever been before as the prospect of a supervolcanic eruption became a greater and greater possibility daily.  Into a high orbit, in an effort to assist to the evacuation the SLS Wasp, a Potemkin-class WarShip, moved into position.  The Wasp would evacuate hundreds of thousands itself with its twenty-five DropShips but it would serve a greater capacity serving as the centre for the coordination of the evacuation.  The Star League Defence Force vessel also served as a reminder to the planetary population that they had not been forgotten and their needs would be catered for.

On the surface with no further eruptions there were those who had begun to question the need to evacuate but efforts to get as many people off the planet as possible were already well under way.  The Kallon Industries Factories had already brought in nearly a dozen DropShips, many paid for by the AFFS, to evacuate their factory facilities and the personnel who worked there.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1438 on: 28 February 2016, 21:27:05 »
Sounds like Tristen is the guest of the Capellan Confederation.  Bad news, properly brain washed by time their done and declaring Liao as rightful owners of the former St. Ives Compact.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1439 on: 03 March 2016, 16:17:40 »
Clan Wolf Landing
International Zone, Solaris VII
Star League Protectorate
8th August 3102

“Ladies and Gentlemen my name is Wolfgang Debtweiller and today the big news on Solaris VII is that Clan Wolf has landed.  At 1400 hours yesterday afternoon a Clan Wolf WarShip escorted one of the oldest Clan Wolf Clusters the 328th Assault Cluster, the Lion Hearted, to the planet.  The Lion Hearted did not come here for conquest instead they landed in the International Zone behind me and quickly occupied three joined warehouses without firing a single shot.  With the SLDF deploying throughout the International Zone everyone expected the beginning of the First Battle of Solaris VII with war coming to the game world.”  He said setting the scene for those elsewhere on Solaris and beyond “instead Clan Wolf made a statement of their intent on Solaris VII at 0900 this morning Star Colonel Jonas Ward, the commander of the 328th, announced that Clan Wolf would be competing in the Solaris VII games with their first game due to take place within a week.  Star Colonel Ward also announced that should Clan Wolf face attack outside the Games they would retaliate with their full force and bring war to the planet.”  He said explaining the surprising turn from Clan Wolf “the Solaris VII Gaming Commission and Star League Protectorate Council have both agreed to provisionally accept Clan Wolf’s entry into the championship but the people of Solaris are nervous, more so than when Zellbrigen Stables entered the championship, no-one really knows how Clan Wolf will react to public losses to the Solaris aces nor do people know what they will do if they are victorious in the competition.”
Four days later five Wolf Warriors entered the Solaris Grand Championship each piloting an eighty-five ton Lycurgus OmniMech.  In their first five matches the Wolves register three outright wins, one draw and one loss also within the games the Wolves register three kills on members of the Zellbrigen Stables which had long been supported by Clans Jade Falcon and Sea Fox.  Commentators mention that none of the Zellbrigen deaths could be described as “accidental” with one of the deaths described as little more than an execution.

Fleet Deployments
First Fleet, Star League Protectorate
18th August 3102

As part of continued efforts to expand their naval forces and create additional Naval C3 supported units the Star League Defence Force debut two Caliburn-class Battle-cruisers, the SLS Caliburn and SLS Excalibur.  Federated Suns naval analysts and observers note that the Battle-cruiser is very similar to a Battle-cruiser variant of the New Syrtis-class designed by Commodore Matthew Davion.  These comments fall on deaf ears with the SLDF as the vessel uses Capital Anti-Missile Systems, Naval C3 systems and a weapons array that is significantly different from the original refit.  The AFFS High Command lodge an official protest with the Star League Council and with the Star League Courts but the case is not expected to be heard or resolved for some time.

Opening Ceremony, Galatea Station
Galatea, Isle of Skye
Lyran Commonwealth
24th August 3102

High above the dead world of Galatea the Galatea Station officially opens for business welcoming in traders and mercenaries from across the Inner Sphere.  At two-and-a-half million tons the Galatea Station is a marvel of human engineers with the front of the station comprised mainly of a large rectangular series of cargo bays and a dozen DropShip docking collars.  Attached to the docking area is a series of Small Craft and Aerospace fighter bays while behind the docking bays are twelve gravity decks which had the accommodation quarters, meeting areas, mercenary hiring halls and civilian shopping areas.

Although the station had only officially opened already thirty thousand people had moved onto the station but the station had a capacity of over two hundred-and-thirty thousand and now it was open for business.  Walking along the business section Station Commander Michael O’Hare passed by the crewmen and guests who had already come to the station beside him was Security Chief Jerry Doyle “how are things going Jerry?”  The commander asked moving through the crowd.

“Great Commander we’ve got less than a fifth of the total people this station can hold and already crime is on the rise.  Thanks to the penny pinchers in the LCAF High Command I’ve got half the security personnel on board that I should have and less than two thirds of our defences are active.”

“It’s great isn’t it” O’Hare joked

“Yes brilliant” Doyle admitted

“Well at least they have let me keep the Prometheus” he pointed out referring to his previous command the Isegrim-class Pocket WarShip which remained in the system supplementing their aerospace fighters.

“Makes up for having half the aerospace fighters we were promised.  I hear that the SLDF offered to permanently garrison a proper WarShip in the system but the Isle of Skye command blocked it?”  Doyle asked having heard the rumour from some of the mercenaries.

“The Isle of Skye command believes that having an SLDF presence in the system would disrupt the mercenary trade.  I was considering hiring a mercenary aerospace fighter squadron or two to supplement our fighter ranks at least on the short time.”

“Mike, this is a mercenary port hiring on your own mercs could make Skye think your hiring your own army.”

“Yeah but at least it would turn the Combine’s eyes away from the station” O’Hare said Doyle looked surprised “they see it as a cash cow they’ve long given up on the Death to Mercenaries order and now want to reap some of the rewards of having a bunch of mercs hiring on.”

“Not that we’re going to get the most reputable mercs passing through.  Most of the big commands are hired on with the Houses or have business sowed up, we’re never going to have the pull the Dragoons had on Outreach even if we open up the planet below as a proving ground.”

“We have to be careful about that too, there are a lot of burial grounds on Galatea that no-one wants to see disturbed.”

“There’s also a lot of old tech that could be salvaged opening it up to survey missions could bring in more revenue.”

“Jerry, are you sure you’re a security chief and not an accountant?”

“You know me, Mike, I’m always looking for a good deal.”

“I hear Andrea is planning on coming here to work in one of the Halls?”

“House Davion has given her a contract negotiation slot” Doyle said nodding he’d heard from his ex-wife as well “she’s going to be here infrequently travelling back and forth to Tikonov where her main office is going to be.  We buried our feelings a long time ago” he said confirming it wouldn’t be a problem “I hear your new XO has been assigned.”

“Claudia Christian” O’Hare confirmed “Isle of Skye born firebrand with some Tikonov DNA mixed in.”

“Sounds like my kind of girl” Doyle joked

“Keep your nose clean old friend from what I’ve head she’s full on committed to Skye’s cause.”

“And we’re supposed to be one big happy Lyran family” Doyle said winking as they walked through the crowd already a couple of small gift shops had opened on this gravity deck and people were frequenting them which was a good sign.

“What about your other project any leads?”  O’Hare asked in a low voice.

“Well you guessed correctly you weren’t Arcturus’ or Skye’s first choice” Doyle said “you weren’t even on the first page of choices” he said breaking the news to his friend.  “It’s all been kept quiet but there was significant Star League monies dropped into the Station’s construction budget especially over the last year or so.  One of the last grants was authorized by Governor Bannister Cameron himself with a stipulation that he was allowed a say in who got the job.”

“I don’t even know Cameron” he said thinking about the leader of the Star League Protectorate.

“You might not know him but he knows you and wanted you in charge of Galatea Station.”

“Keep digging I’m not complaining that they gave me this job but I’d like to know where the motivation came from I don’t need surprises coming out of the woodwork as time goes on running this place is going to be difficult enough already.”

“Come now, Commander, a two and a half million ton metal tube all alone in the darkest night what could go wrong?”  The security chief joked as they moved through the facility both knowing that plenty could still change for the new station.  Their job was to ignore the politics beyond the Galatea system and focus on making this new station a profitable enterprise and expand the mercenary trade in honour of the dead planet below.

Register