Author Topic: Where should I start reading again?  (Read 2822 times)

Lost_Heretic

• Private
Where should I start reading again?
« on: 25 March 2011, 15:41:36 »
So I'm really invested in Battletech again and I'd like to dig into the novels. Here's the problem though, I've read a bunch of different eras and there's a lot of gaps in between. Off the top of my head, I've read:

Grey Death Legion Trilogy
Warrior Trilogy
Wolves on the Border
Blood of Kerensky Trilogy
Legend of the Jade Phoenix Trilogy
Natural Selection
Assumption of Risk
1/2 Bred for War

Ghost War

The Corps Anthology
First Strike Anthology

Where would you recommend that I jump into the Battletech universe again?
Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Re: Where should I start reading again?
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2011, 21:32:35 »
Wolf Pack or Close Quarters. Get you back into that early-post BoK vibe and then lead off into other interesting things.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2011, 22:01:54 »
Well, if you liked the "main" storyline of Btech(Warrrior Trilogy, Blood of Kerensky, Natural Selection, Assumption of Risk and Bred for War) then the next set to read would probably be the Twilight of the Clans series starting with Exodus Road. Once that series is done, then there are the tie in's to the FedCom Civil War series starting with Patriot's and Tyrants.

Of course, if you did not like the "main" storyline, then Sigma's suggestion of Wolf Packor Close Quarters are as good a choices as any though I have not read either myself.
Made by HikageMaru

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2011, 05:04:34 »
I got into Battletech a few years back.  At the time I could still find some of the Mechwarrior Dark Age novels around so I picked up all those I could find and got the rest online.  I also found the Legend Of the Jade Phoenix omnibus. 
That's all I've been able to find locally...there are way too many of the old books for me to just randomly buy off Amazon. 

Toqtamish

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2011, 19:06:08 »
I recently started re-reading them all again and I started with the Warrior Trilogy, I plan on re-reading all of the "spine" books this year.