Author Topic: Announcement : Mechcommander Omnitech Project  (Read 58224 times)

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
Re: Announcement : Mechcommander Omnitech Project
« Reply #30 on: 28 February 2011, 18:22:22 »
Bug report, based on an XP system, using the MW2 mercs campaign.

1. Characters in the battle screen have th sensor icon next to both the sensor and jumping stat.

2. If you design a mech and name it you cannot then select that mech and duplicate the design, even if you have components to hand. So you cannot outfit two identicle custom mechs except under different names. I suppose this is a minor issue.

3. If you lowball a mission for extra cash you get the savings immediately, you can back out choose another mission

4. In regular play it appears my mech is invulnerable to any non self inflcited damage.

5. The second Draconis Combine mission after you destroy Novastar building and rescue the governor crashes repeatedly.  I cannot play past that point.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
« Reply #31 on: 28 February 2011, 18:43:06 »
What I would like to see.

1.  I like the option to buy additional drop weight, however the benefit for lowballing should be no more than 3000 Cbills per 5 tons, incrementing at 10000 CBills the other way as usual.  This does mean you can get in 'trouble' if you accidentally switch back your tonnage limit but you can always reload to the previous end of battle save to reset this.

2. 'Clan logistics'. Because of the superior punch per ton taking clan mechs only is a no brainer. I refused to do so for game colour reasons.  It might help if you had a hard limit to how many clan mechs you can field at once, starting at one, rising later to two or three. This could be justified by claiming a limited supply of clantech basic supplies like particular grades of lubrication oils, clan ammo.

3. Resource point balance. Smart players learn to you resource points for mech reclamation only with a nod to repair vehicles and the situational minelayer.  Please re-point resource expenditure to encourage such things as artillery modules, airstrikes etc.  I recommend a hard limit on salvage VTOLs, and a hard limit on after action salvage too, you could combine both into a salvage limit, so if the salvage limit is three and you salvage two mechs in game, you can only buy one wreck.

4. As spam salvaging is a 'tactic' for the game it may be desirable to raise the tonnage limits in later scenarios if salvage is to be limited.

5. You could force players to buy salvage VTOLs, repair trucks and minelayers, artillery modules and sensor modules for game cash, with items purchased available to drop in game, subject to a mission cap variable per the mission. Thus resource points captured could be replaced with cash rewards.

6. If you are going to include any of Wolfmans wacky weaponry please mark relevant campaigns as non-canon tech.  Its annoying enough because we are not told what these weapons do, and most have very limited ammo. Wunderwaffe sound like fun, but need to be activated by a hotkey so they are not discharged on the nearest partly target unless you constantly hold down the A key.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #32 on: 28 February 2011, 22:46:55 »
 Another little bug: When you stop the cursor above a skill, it will show you a short description of it. But, many of the Veteran and upper level skills have swaped description. Ex: when you leave de cursor above "Toughness" it gives you the description of "Sensors", or when you put it above "LRM Specialty" it shows you the "ER Laser Specialty".
 Besides all the little things I reported, I'm very happy with your release. I think MC2 is a great game, So thank you and your team.
 I hope to write these reports well, as English isn't my native tonge.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 01 March 2011, 18:29:02 »
when I run the program, the game don't start and tell me about a MSVCR100.dll missed.

download the driver
find it using google

after download just paste it in system32 folder in windows directory( the folder is present in both 32/64 bit versions of wonxp/vista/and all versions of win 7)
it will work fine
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 02 March 2011, 07:11:38 »
download the driver
find it using google

Thank you, but I am playing the game already. :)

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 15 March 2011, 05:48:25 »
Im playing the redone carver V campaign right now.  I love that you actually have to buy your equopment now, but there is a problem.  WHERE'S MAH SALVAGE?  Seriously, did you yank the salvage from all the missions?  right now I HAVE to use resource units to salvage in the field or I can't get any new mechs besides whats on the market.  Also only being able to buy one of something is a pain in the ass.

The AI changes are decent though.  I actually have to move around, though my pilots seem tolike racing to short range and staying there even if I explicitly tell them to fire from long range.

Also I like the idea of limiting what kinds of equipment can be fitted to different mechs, but if you do so please be sure to include designs like the MAD-9M and CPLT-K2 that feature loadouts that break the mold of certain mechs.  Also feel free to add other stuff to make us covet those omnimechs.  One of the things I never got about battletech games was that the mech lab never makes a distinction, so omnis have zero advantages.  Maybe let omnimechs waive the customization fee for changes to non fixed equipment, or maybe even have battlemechs have to have some time elapse before you can use them after changing the loadout to represent how long it would take to make the change (though minor stuff like swapping a laser for an ER laser wouldn't require you to wait a ission to use the mech, since it's a fairly quick swap)

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #36 on: 17 March 2011, 09:59:32 »
Hey there !

Sorry, I was gone awhile. To ask a few questions that you people pointed out, let me say this :)

Most of the issues you are reporting are known to us. We are very sorry about the inconvinience, but the most problems mentioned are a result of the current "new" logistic system, which is (like the build itself) only a alpha status, which results into a lot of problems.

The thing is, after we have now teamed up, we have discussed some plans, and one is a totally revamp of the current logistic system that will effect everything, from mechlab over pilotskills, purchase, salvage and repairsystems. Once done, it will be /$"&@$ great :)

The downside of this, something like that will take quite a while. But since we still have only one (very skilled though) programmer we have not that much capacity, and therefore we decided that we don't want to waste time into the current logistic to fix it's bug, when we will remove it anyway. This also means, that you fans will have to live with the bugs for a while longer I'm afraid, but i guess that in the end you will agree that this descision is the best.

The known bugs are, that the inventory in the purchase windows vary, and sometimes are even empty (somehow the programs switches through the mechvariants every start), and also the variant button and saving has been disabled, because it results into crashes.

Nevertheless, a new version of the alphabuild will be released shortly, that fixes a lot of bugs and adds more content, and a row of old campaigns ported into MCO is following.

Saying that, if anyone here has some knowledge in C++ and or XNA programming, we are happy for every help that will be given to us, and will make us release stuff more faster. It's not necessary that you join the team and code a few hundred hours, there are also small jobs you can take on, "and every single stone is a part of the new house" :)

Cheers
Starman
« Last Edit: 17 March 2011, 10:02:02 by Starman001 »

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #37 on: 25 March 2011, 07:35:27 »
hey Starman, what game is this mod for ?

Downslide

• Master Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc
« Reply #38 on: 25 March 2011, 09:51:20 »
The original MechCommander 2, released by Microsoft Games about 10 years ago.
Everyman thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier. - Samuel Johnson

Yes, combat really is a hurtful, deadly thing. 

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #39 on: 11 April 2011, 07:06:59 »
This is one of the best series around. I wonder why they dont want to make a 3, since this series doesnt suffer from Harmony Gold issues like the MechWarrior game.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. You guys are doing a great job!

Cybertec

• Corporal
« Reply #40 on: 20 April 2011, 22:41:06 »
Just finished downloading and configuring the program.
Ready to give it a shot, later tonight!

So far, so good.
"Where ever you go...there you are." -Dr. B.Banzai

Forever a loyal son of Davion.
Long live the Fox!
Davion will rise again

Cybertec

• Corporal
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2011, 22:21:39 »
Having fun playing now... too busy to type.   [rockon]
"Where ever you go...there you are." -Dr. B.Banzai

Forever a loyal son of Davion.
Long live the Fox!
Davion will rise again

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #42 on: 27 April 2011, 12:47:18 »
I never did get this game to play...
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #43 on: 29 April 2011, 10:36:42 »
I never did get this game to play...

Shouldn't be that way. Any error messages ? Systemspecs ? Maybe we can help...

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #44 on: 29 April 2011, 10:36:57 »
Hello  !!

I'm back :) I just wanted to drop you people a note, that a News Update has been posted, and the next Version of the Mod is now available for download. Either check the Moddb-Page here : http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech or drop by in our forum at HLP here : http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=75840.0 (note : Moddb and the download itself will only be available in about 24 hours due to their authorization procedure).

Best wishes from
The MCO Team

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 29 April 2011, 12:06:26 »
Shouldn't be that way. Any error messages ? Systemspecs ? Maybe we can help...

Tell you the truth, i don't remember what the problem was. I could go try again and tell you what it says or does.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #46 on: 29 April 2011, 13:08:21 »
Maybe the new version fix the problem. Be sure to install the microsoft crap mentioned at the end :)

Timerlane

• Private
« Reply #47 on: 29 April 2011, 21:23:32 »
Just checked, and the new version has now been authorized by ModDB for download, so everyone can get it now.

<- In-game Blood Kite. }:)
« Last Edit: 30 April 2011, 02:01:06 by Timerlane »

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 01 May 2011, 11:46:42 »
i'm doing all the downloading stuff right now.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 01 May 2011, 13:15:37 »
Ok, i got it all up and running...YAY! I tried the mech2 merc game,chose a commando and the trainer killed me right off...have no idea why. I didn't touch anything,didn't move,nothing. I tried it twice to see if it would change and i still got killed right off. Is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong?

Darthvegeta800

• Warrant Officer
  • "Loyalty is it's own reward!"
« Reply #50 on: 02 May 2011, 03:24:37 »
Is this game stand-alone? Or do we need to hunt down the archaic original?

MY MAIN FACTIONS:
Draconis Combine: Fifth Sword of Light
Clan Jade Falcon: Gamma Galaxy
Clan Ice Hellion: Alpha Galaxy

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 02 May 2011, 03:29:30 »
Standalone mate - and I'm loving it - well done guys!

Darthvegeta800

• Warrant Officer
  • "Loyalty is it's own reward!"
« Reply #52 on: 02 May 2011, 03:58:32 »
Standalone mate - and I'm loving it - well done guys!

That's good news. I'm going to give it a look when i'm back home. I always was curious about the MC series.

MY MAIN FACTIONS:
Draconis Combine: Fifth Sword of Light
Clan Jade Falcon: Gamma Galaxy
Clan Ice Hellion: Alpha Galaxy

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #53 on: 02 May 2011, 05:30:11 »
I tried the mech2 merc game,chose a commando and the trainer killed me right off...have no idea why. I didn't touch anything,didn't move,nothing. I tried it twice to see if it would change and i still got killed right off. Is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong?

;D  Weren't you the one sleeping with his wife ?   I take a look into it today, maybe something get's messed up.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 02 May 2011, 16:09:40 »
thanks for your dedications to this great game.
- Download starting now -

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 02 May 2011, 16:38:07 »
;D  Weren't you the one sleeping with his wife ?   I take a look into it today, maybe something get's messed up.

didn't it do that in the original MW2 also? been so long since i played it i don't remember lol. Still, it's a fun game.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 02 May 2011, 23:15:39 »
Just messesd with it for few min...
I still am wondering no savage?
Btw AI is much quicker now...nocrashes either as per my buddy running it on win7 ult
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #57 on: 03 May 2011, 02:32:40 »
No Salvage is part of the "rebalanced and harder Carver V campaign" :)

Leonard Kerensky

• Sergeant
  • The smart ones know when to duck.
« Reply #58 on: 03 May 2011, 02:57:13 »
..... aaaannnddd you have my attention  :D

i still have my MC2 and love it dearly. i'm played it on elite many a time just for thrills (even finished a mission or two on elite...oh gawds what a nightmare..)
Overkill is only overkill when you cannot find the pieces.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #59 on: 03 May 2011, 03:06:10 »
<- In-game Blood Kite. }:)

Sir..you have my attention!
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Register