Author Topic: Arkab Legions  (Read 4052 times)

HeirophantX

• Recruit
Arkab Legions
« on: 02 February 2011, 16:34:02 »
So,
I like this idea of 'mechs from the Arkab Legions painting Arabic religious messages on the left sides of their mechs.  If one of you guys who is clearly a better painter than I were to try such a thing, how would you do it?  I'm literate in Arabic so no problem there, I'm just trying to imagine getting the tiny little writing painted on...

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
Re: Arkab Legions
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2011, 16:50:52 »
Custom decals would be a good method I think. There are Arabic fonts out there; a laser printer + some decal paper (sold at classy hobby shops and online) + a spray fixative are all you need!

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2011, 20:47:24 »
Custom decals would be a good method I think.
Bingo.  Hand painting would be obscenely difficult unless you're talking about a large scale model.  Even then I would recommend making custom decals.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2011, 22:24:29 »
I've used fine tip pens to write on mechs, but it requires a steady hand and a lot of practice.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2011, 22:28:58 »
I'd buy a Micron pen from my local crafts store, like Michael's.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2011, 22:30:04 »
Yeah those work really good, for the life of me I couldn't remember what they were called.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2011, 22:57:53 »
Yeah those work really good, for the life of me I couldn't remember what they were called.

ZIG Millennium 0.5 mm tip pens.

Made in Japan by Kuretake Co., Ltd.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

jayhawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2011, 23:23:25 »
Agreed...micron pens are the way to go. Take a look at pics of some good GW space marines... often the 'purity seals" and scrolls on their armor have script done with the pens.
Major T.J. "King" Kong:
"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I 'aint much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2011, 07:03:25 »
Best thing about the Arkab Legions is that the 2nd and 4th Legions can fire during the movement phase.  8)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

jayhawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 03 February 2011, 17:12:56 »
a few pics to follow up my post...
Major T.J. "King" Kong:
"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I 'aint much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat.

HeirophantX

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 03 February 2011, 17:37:45 »
This certainly seems a long-term goal.  I'll get there.  The last time I painted mech minis, the USSR was still a country and Lithuania was not.  This whole custom decal thing kinda blows my mind.

In any event, I'll be sure to post my work whenever I make it happen.

Register