Author Topic: 3rd Luthien Guard: The Stormwalkers - What colour scheme? Suggestions?  (Read 2760 times)

GRF-1N

• Private
  • Tai-i Daniel Sorenson 3049
I want to paint some Kuritan armour and thought the 3rd Luthien Guard would be a good choice as they are attached to the 2nd Sword of Light which I have 2 companies of mechs painted up as.

There just isn't any reference that I can find on what any non-mech regiments (almost) paint their units.

My thoughts are to do a plain grey or an urban grey camo scheme (see pics below) as Luthien is a heavily industrialised world with lots of urban terrain. The Luthien flag appears to be black and red, which colours I'd use as a small highlight in a strategic position.

I'd also put a "3" in roman numerals or Japanese Kanji to represent the regimental number on the vehical turrent.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a reference that I have missed?

Most non battletech units lack details such as parade colours, I hope one day this can be addressed, but I guess it is a game about mechs - and that's okay with me, I just have a soft spot for armour.

This is my idea for an urban camoflage

And what I'd call factory grey.

These were painted many years ago and not an accurate reflection of my current level of painting skill.  I'm not looking for praise or criticism of the painting, what I need are ideas, suggestions or references to what would be a suitable paint scheme for the 3rd Luthien Guards.

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 06:27:34 by GRF-1N »

vidar

• Warrant Officer
looks good, and P. colors for armor can be simple flat grey, a lot of WW2 unit had it.

Siberian-troll

• Captain

This is my idea for an urban camoflage

I see "the Bismarck"  :D

This is a unit from planet, called the "Black Pearl", and others units, constantly stationed here, have a black and gold scheme.  ;)

You can try black and silver with swirly motif too.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 10:35:14 by Siberian-troll »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Nicely done. O0

GRF-1N

• Private
  • Tai-i Daniel Sorenson 3049
I thought of gold, but decided that it was probably a colour reserved for prestigious units such as the Otomo and Izanagi Warriors and the tiny bit of gold on the 5th Sword of Light's regimental patch.

I agree with your Bismark comparison, I can see the similarity.  The scheme looks very different on a mech though.  That was the first (or maybe 2nd) scheme that I used on my Battletech miniatures all those years ago when I began my collection. I have been slowly phasing it out, but thought it still makes a great urban camouflage.