Author Topic: Has the storyline of the Crescent Hawks' Revenge been formally decanonized?  (Read 1814 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
I know that the storylines of the video games are considered apocryphal at best, but the Crescent Hawks' Revenge seemed more tied-in than most.  The new Spotlight On: Crescent Hawks gives the storyline a number of direct shoutouts, but are elements not referenced in the Spotlight considered to have been excised?

Notably, Jason's unit now has experience against the Clans prior to the Luthien battle, rather than just getting a briefing from Morgan about strange invaders and doing some training on Arc-Royal.  Also, the interlude on Lyons between Chara and Dieron isn't mentioned - is that because of space considerations or because it's hard to fit into the Kell Hound chronology for the 4th Succession War?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
While new trumps old (usually), any prior non-canon, official information omitted retains its same status—not necessarily canon until it's explored further.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Register