Author Topic: 3rd edition life path into AToW xp  (Read 1822 times)

Storm_Lion_Coalition

• Recruit
3rd edition life path into AToW xp
« on: 21 January 2012, 08:46:43 »
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the random life path generator of 3rd edition.  Does anyone have any advice on converting it to AToW xp numbers?  Does anyone have any semi-expectant release times for AToW Companion?  Like this Summer?  This Year?  Tomorrow?  I'd just heard there might be some conversion stuff in there but does anyone have any ideas until that magical day comes?

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
Re: 3rd edition life path into AToW xp
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2012, 16:19:41 »
The XP amounts are not really out of line. I would just add the tables as is to the AToW entries. Some have traits that don't exist so a minor changes are necessary.

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

Storm_Lion_Coalition

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2012, 17:34:21 »
Well, for example if the 3rd ed. path gives +1 to Strength what would be the AToW equivalent?  I was guessing about +100 xp but that still seems like it would eventually end up making a stronger than ordinary character for AToW.  And that just seems kinda for attributes.  What would be a semi-fair conversion for skills?  +10?

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2012, 19:03:02 »
Well remember that the +2 to strength isn't actually GIVING you anything. Just moves the threshold of cheap buy. I would say no more then +25xp.

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

Register