Author Topic: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download  (Read 38293 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download
« Reply #60 on: 24 November 2016, 00:02:45 »
Great work, sigil - thanks.  This will be quite an update to my fan-project thread and collection!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #61 on: 24 November 2016, 00:57:18 »
Thank you for this amazing bit of work!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 24 November 2016, 01:05:29 »
Sig this a great product.
Why heck is on Sarna?  I know it's not treated very well, but its not suppose to be hosting fan based stuff.3

It should be on the Fan-based wiki, Battletechfanon
It is not hosted on Sarna, but it has an article about it on Sarna.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

DaddyHolby

• Private
« Reply #63 on: 24 November 2016, 08:06:36 »
Fantastic work as always, thanks Sigil!

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #64 on: 24 November 2016, 12:14:07 »
Love it bud. I wish I could do my TRO for my project as well as you did.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #65 on: 24 November 2016, 16:36:42 »
Is the Jayhawk a fan invention or a Hairbrain thing?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 24 November 2016, 17:05:59 »
Is the Jayhawk a fan invention or a Hairbrain thing?

The Jayhawker was created as a way to include the MWO Bushwacker art in a TRO dated 3028.  It is not canon.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #67 on: 27 November 2016, 13:24:16 »
Thanks for the update!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Centurion13

• Sergeant
  • Homo Homini Lupus
    • The BattleTech Reader - Home of the Fan TRO:3063
« Reply #68 on: 03 December 2016, 15:43:25 »
One question: I have a version of this fine work that is around 75mb in size.  The most recent download is about 53mb. 

Why the difference in file size?

Regards,

Cent13

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 03 December 2016, 20:26:03 »
One question: I have a version of this fine work that is around 75mb in size.  The most recent download is about 53mb. 

Why the difference in file size?

Regards,

Cent13

You may have the Beta version that included all of the vehicle and support units.  Since HBS has not yet released the new Duane Loose vehicle art, I pulled that entire section out of the TRO along with the vehicle short story.  In short, that Beta version was larger than the final release.  In addition, the front and back cover art was slightly reduced into terms of resolution.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 04 December 2016, 12:00:59 »
Will we get them back in a new release, later?

Hey, Cent13.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 04 December 2016, 12:46:40 »
Will we get them back in a new release, later?

Hey, Cent13.

My current thinking is much like there was a TRO: 3026 to supplement TRO 3025, I will issue a supplemental TRO for vehicles and support units and possibly sweep any 'Mechs PGI introduces in the meantime, such as the Roughneck modified Industrial 'Mech.  Six months plus out for sure though....

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #72 on: 04 December 2016, 18:31:14 »
I wonder if Roughneck will get it's own actual stats. In BattleTech terms it may not be as impressive as in the HBS/MWO game.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 04 December 2016, 21:39:06 »
I wonder if Roughneck will get it's own actual stats. In BattleTech terms it may not be as impressive as in the HBS/MWO game.

Circa ~3025, I imagine the Roughneck is basically an upgraded Industrial 'Mech.  It's a shame there is no high quality art for the Powerman, Buster Dig King and Loader King.  It would make a nice little IndustrialMech section and set the backdrop for the later Dark Ages.  This area seems largely underdeveloped during the Succession War era to me.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 09 December 2016, 00:37:12 »
I have to agree it would be nice to see industrial mechs in the classic 3025 setting

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #75 on: 09 December 2016, 07:03:32 »
IndustrialMechs were rare during that era.  I mean stupidly rare.  They were being scavenged to keep BattleMechs going.  Some planet still had couple, but then again canon changes with each entry into the universe is added.  The Grommet was 75 ton IndustrialMech which has a striking resemblance to a Thunderbolt, which was MilitiaMech in Agromech clothing for some rich FedSuns landholder fending off Combine invasion. 

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 09 December 2016, 09:54:09 »
Something I just noticed... you only listed the base configurations on the other site, but the canon variants are in the TRO.  The variants are allowed, right?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.  Can you clarify for me?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #77 on: 09 December 2016, 17:38:41 »
That question was related to the fiction contest earlier this year.  You had listed the canon variants of various 'mechs in the TRO, but the contest rules posted on the HBS forum weren't clear on whether they were allowed.  You answered in the affirmative, and I wrote my story based on a Marik Wolverine (WVR-6M).

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 10 December 2016, 19:10:34 »
IndustrialMechs were rare during that era.  I mean stupidly rare.  They were being scavenged to keep BattleMechs going.  Some planet still had couple, but then again canon changes with each entry into the universe is added.  The Grommet was 75 ton IndustrialMech which has a striking resemblance to a Thunderbolt, which was MilitiaMech in Agromech clothing for some rich FedSuns landholder fending off Combine invasion.

Well I see that as the unverse is going adding more backfill of units that should have always been there. 
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Bradshaw

• Corporal
  • Never trust a man scratching his chin
« Reply #79 on: 10 March 2017, 11:05:34 »
Very impressive piece of work my buddy just shared this with me. One question why no love for the Goliath? Its not in your book.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 11:58:05 by Bradshaw »

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 10 March 2017, 13:01:15 »
Well at its core TRO:3028 is a work complementing Harebrained Schemes' upcoming BattleTech computer game which in turn uses the designs from MechWarrior Online... and since MWO doesn't feature Quad 'Mechs, neither does the HBS game nor its fan TRO.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Bradshaw

• Corporal
  • Never trust a man scratching his chin
« Reply #81 on: 10 March 2017, 13:45:14 »
Well at its core TRO:3028 is a work complementing Harebrained Schemes' upcoming BattleTech computer game which in turn uses the designs from MechWarrior Online... and since MWO doesn't feature Quad 'Mechs, neither does the HBS game nor its fan TRO.

Makes sense now thanks for the explanation

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 17 November 2017, 14:44:39 »
TRO: 3028 has undergone a minor revision. The change log is below:

The revised TRO can be downloaded via the link at the bottom of the Sarna.net page: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

The following units were added:
VLK-QA Valyrie (Art by Justin Kase, derived from work by Alex Iglesias)
JVN-10N Javelin
NSR-10C Nightstar (a supposed Succession Wars era downgrade of the Nightstar; not canon)
ANH-1A Annihilator
MAD-4A Marauder II

“Appendix A: A Brief History of the IndustrialMech” was added.

The LDK-5C Loader King IndustrialMech was added (based on Achernar's Loader King IndustrialMech, the predecessor of the apocryphal RoughNeck; not canon).

Added the canon Quirks from the BattleMech Manual to all units.

The “The Marik Gunfighter” was removed.

The “Weapons Annex” was removed

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #83 on: 17 November 2017, 15:18:50 »
Love this :) Excellent work! :) :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #84 on: 17 November 2017, 16:42:34 »
Nice.  Amazing work.  O0

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #85 on: 17 November 2017, 16:58:59 »
Sweet

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #86 on: 17 November 2017, 18:03:01 »
Thanks!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #87 on: 17 November 2017, 20:07:15 »
Where did the Wasp/Stinger etc come from? Just art made by the MWO artists?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 17 November 2017, 22:28:57 »
Where did the Wasp/Stinger etc come from? Just art made by the MWO artists?
Justin Kase and Odanan modified Alex's original MWO work to create them.  It just didn't seem a plausible TRO circa 3028 with them ;)  I also reversed their order as a nod to the original TRO 3025.  The Valkyrie is also another modification they created.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 17 November 2017, 22:43:13 »
Tagged.  Looking forward to re-reading it!

Register