Author Topic: Resin Overlord - IS Version?  (Read 23670 times)

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
Re: Resin Overlord - IS Version?
« Reply #30 on: 13 April 2012, 22:24:08 »
I'd really like to get another Union and two Overlords!
*keeps fingers crossed!!!

Jimmy B

• Sergeant
  • The Collector
« Reply #31 on: 13 April 2012, 22:30:52 »
Can you post a pic of your Union with Dimensions?
Im looking for any examples I can find.
James B. Hill Jr. aka Beatleguise
Battletech Collector and Miniature Gamer.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 19 April 2012, 13:20:31 »
any update yet, Speck?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: 19 April 2012, 14:04:13 »
any update yet, Speck?

I asked mike about it and he said that the last batch from the current manufacturer was completely rejected due to such poor quality. He sent masters out to another company and we are waiting to hear back from them. He was going to send a follow up email to them to get a status.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 19 April 2012, 14:36:49 »
cool.  thanks for the update!

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 26 April 2012, 07:37:28 »
Hopefully Unions and Overlords return soon. I needs me some spheroids.

FLAKPANZER

• Corporal
« Reply #36 on: 16 May 2012, 16:51:44 »
Yep. I waited to long on this, too. Now can't wait for the new ones.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 16 May 2012, 16:57:30 »
I asked mike about it and he said that the last batch from the current manufacturer was completely rejected due to such poor quality. He sent masters out to another company and we are waiting to hear back from them. He was going to send a follow up email to them to get a status.

Any word on this yet?

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 16 May 2012, 17:09:57 »
A few Unions became available when all the Ral Partha Europe resin buildings went on the site.  One of them was just delivered to my house a few hours ago.  They seem to already be sold out again.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 18:44:16 by Dr Lucky »

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 16 May 2012, 18:31:35 »
f*$k!  I wish I had known.

FLAKPANZER

• Corporal
« Reply #40 on: 16 May 2012, 23:08:13 »
Correction to my previous post.

In looking through my closet today, I found a box from Ironwind from late 2010 or early 2011 that
had an unassembled Union, a couple of Rommel/Patton tanks, and a couple of Rievers in it.

I guess I did order them quite a while back and just forgot. It feels like Christmas.

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 17 May 2012, 01:03:28 »
Correction to my previous post.

In looking through my closet today, I found a box from Ironwind from late 2010 or early 2011 that
had an unassembled Union, a couple of Rommel/Patton tanks, and a couple of Rievers in it.

I guess I did order them quite a while back and just forgot. It feels like Christmas.

That is why I put all my miniatures into a spreadsheet.  I hate wondering "I think I wanted another Catapult.  Did I ever buy that?"

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #42 on: 17 May 2012, 05:54:24 »
That is why I put all my miniatures into a spreadsheet.  I hate wondering "I think I wanted another Catapult.  Did I ever buy that?"

My "Spreadsheet" is a Word Document.   :D  It works as well as any list, I guess.  It's only as Accurate as I make it.  I've already found a few of my numbers off just last night.   :-[  I've filled one "Medium Flat Rate Box" (Priority Mail), that's 11" long, 8 &1/2" wide, and 5 &1/2" tall, and took inventory as I filled it.  I've labeled the box and typed up an Inventory Sheet to print out and put inside it.   O0  I've got a 2nd box the same size I'm about to start filling with Aerospace minis, that I'm fairly sure will be at least 3/4 full of blisters by the time I'm finished.  Some of them are the old RP blisters/cards, so they're larger than the newer ones by IWM.  Then I've got a 3rd box I'll be putting ground vees in, with 'Mechs on top, that I'm pretty sure I'll fill.  I'm Glad I've got a comfortable computer chair, because my bed's been covered with minis since Monday night.  #P
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

FLAKPANZER

• Corporal
« Reply #43 on: 17 May 2012, 12:35:26 »
I need to start doing that.

Fortunately, I have a lot of plastics from 3rd Edition and a couple sets from the current Introductory Box,
but fairly few metal minis, so it wouldn't be that hard to catalog right now.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 17 May 2012, 12:47:38 »
I need to start doing that.

Fortunately, I have a lot of plastics from 3rd Edition and a couple sets from the current Introductory Box,
but fairly few metal minis, so it wouldn't be that hard to catalog right now.

Go! NOW! Do it now!!   ;D  Start your inventory NOW, before it gets very big.  It's a shame I didn't start mine around December of 2000.  #P  I think I started mine in late '05 or early '06. [metalhealth]
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2012, 02:55:21 »

Go! NOW! Do it now!!   ;D  Start your inventory NOW, before it gets very big.  It's a shame I didn't start mine around December of 2000.  #P  I think I started mine in late '05 or early '06. [metalhealth]

Seriously, GRUD is right.  Do this immediately.  The longer you wait, the harder it is to go back and get it done accurately.

Having this stuff in a spreadsheet is super useful - I have a columns for name, weight, faction, which TRO, even how far along in painting is it.  I can resort the sheet by faction if I want to organize a game, or sort only the painted 'Mechs if I want to go play a game in our local FLGS and want things to look good.  I can find out how many of a given 'Mech I have, and which faction I have them painted as.  Being able to sort the sheet for all this info lets me keep good track of this stuff.  It's way more useful than I realized at first.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: 19 May 2012, 07:40:03 »
wow.  I really thought I was the only one that was THAT anal about My inventory, Dr Lucky.  Glad to see that's not the case.  ;)

Jimmy B

• Sergeant
  • The Collector
« Reply #47 on: 19 May 2012, 08:52:03 »
Have to have a list. I use an Excel document. Currently my list only shows
the original FASA products and Ral Partha miniatures. But to my knowledge
I have the most complete list of the original FASA Battletech products, to
include every Miniature part number that has been re-used, some up to 3 times.

I have only recently finished getting the last couple pieces I need to complete
that collection and have started compiling a new list for "Classic Battletech"

Although, Im not sure how we got on this topic, We were talking about
resin dropships  :P

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 19 May 2012, 09:15:58 »
Mine is fairly simple, especially since I mainly only have minis from TRO 2750, 3025 & 3026.  Other than that, the newer ones I have are either the IIC sculpts (mainly Unseen), Quads, or T-Bolts.  Sadly, I probably have more MIB than painted, mainly because aside from TWO, any that I've got that are painted were like that when I bought them.  Sure, I've got several that I primered in white YEARS ago, but I think I painted my 1st mini, a Raven, around '86. The second one I just painted in July of '08.  :-[  Here's some examples of how I do mine.

Bishamon BSN-3K  (20-636) - (4)
Black Angel- (1) (Limited Edition, Privately Produced Mini - From Rad of LotB)
Black Knight  (20-774) - (2)  (1 Loose + 1 MIB [2 Total] )
----
----
Centurion  (20-849) - (1)
Centurion [RAC Variant]  (FT-001) - (1)
Centurion [RAC Variant]  (20-452) - (1)  (MIB – Same sculpt as the FT-001 mini, but added to the main line of minis.)
Cestus CST-35 *  (20-814)  (BattleDroids Version!) - (1)  (OOP)
Chameleon  (20-697) -
----
----
Mandrill *  (WRP-008) - (1)  (MIB)  (Same mini as 20-652, except comes with a hex base)  (OOP)
Mandrill *  (20-652) - (1)  (MIB - Hole In Blister)  (OOP)
----
----
Phoenix Hawk LAM PHX-HK2 * (1st Sculpt)  (20-884) - (1)  (OOP)
Phoenix Hawk LAM * (2nd Sculpt - Crescent Hawks model) (INFOCOM Special) - (1)  [No Actual Stock Number]  (OOP)  (Painted in CH colors by rpgsheets)
Phoenix Hawk LAM * (3rd Sculpt)  (20-884) - (2)  (1 Loose, 1 MIB!!)  (OOP)

I have a few Limited Edition, Privately Made minis, and credit the creator if I know who it is.  I use the * to indicate an Unseen sculpt, in the first case one of the BD sculpts, in the 2nd, the Mandrills.  I only put MIB after the ones that are MIB, otherwise I know it's Loose.  In the case of the Black Knight I know I've got 1 Loose and 1 MIB.  I don't have a number after the Chameleon, because while I KNOW I've got at least 1 of them, I haven't found it while doing inventory.  :-\  The Mandrills are one of those oddballs they packaged with and without a hex base.  I understand they did several others, but I'm not sure which ones. I think they did the Snow Fox like that, but I'm not really sure.  A few years ago I found out through Dave Fanjoy's website that there were 3 sculpts made of the PH LAM, and eventually was able to get the other 2.  I've had the Infocom Special since whenever the computer game came out. I Finally got it painted a few months ago, and it looks Frikkin' SWEET!  8)  Aside from the ones that are Pro painted, I don't keep track of what's painted or not.  I've got 2 by Fanjoy, 2 by Wackrabbit, the 1 by rpgsheets, and a few by Paintman44Jay, to name a few. Even then the PH LAM is the only one I've got that I've indicated what the paintjob is.

@Jimmy B - You may want to get with Jal Phoenix then.  He's got a HUGE list of BT Products, also in an Excel document.  :o  It's VERY thorough!   O0

Jimmy B

• Sergeant
  • The Collector
« Reply #49 on: 19 May 2012, 09:25:41 »
Thanks, I will look up Jal. If he has a good start point for me on the newer "Classic" Battletech from 2000 forward that would be great.  My list is old school, but extremely thorough.

In regards to your Phoenix Hawks. Make sure you have them listed correctly, as they are very commonly miss labled
on E-Bay.  The 1st edition is the one with separate arms, just like the Special edition model. It is odd, because it
is the only re-sculpt that Ive seen where the later version was simpler having a single piece lower body. And
congrats on having the special edition, most people are unaware it even exists, hehe.

Cambo

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 27 May 2012, 07:35:58 »
I know you guys are busy with convention season Speck, but any word on the Dropships?  It's been a month ;)

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 14 June 2012, 16:48:23 »
the amount of interest in these couple of items is absolutely amazing!

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #52 on: 28 June 2012, 08:34:17 »
Speck...what's the word on the dropships???
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: 26 July 2012, 17:36:16 »
almost another 30 days ... maybe these are being sculpted/cast by the same guys who are working on Interstellar Operations.  ;)  hahaha!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #54 on: 26 July 2012, 19:03:12 »
Or speck is tired of us asking and ignoring us. ;)
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 26 July 2012, 20:28:42 »
haha ... maybe.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: 26 July 2012, 22:00:38 »
Only new news is that we will have some Broadsword, Leopard, and Radar dishes for Gen Con in small numbers. We are still working with the new manufacturer, but will not have any before Gen Con. Going to get an update when I am out there in August.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 27 July 2012, 03:00:51 »
thanks for everything you do for Us, Speck!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #58 on: 27 July 2012, 03:34:40 »
Only new news is that we will have some Broadsword, Leopard, and Radar dishes for Gen Con in small numbers. We are still working with the new manufacturer, but will not have any before Gen Con. Going to get an update when I am out there in August.

OK..so: if I want an Overlord, I have to storm the IWM booth instead of the CGL booth?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #59 on: 27 July 2012, 07:00:48 »
OK..so: if I want an Overlord, I have to storm the IWM booth instead of the CGL booth?

You can try, but you are not going to find any. As of now the only map scale drop ships at gen con will be the two I mentioned above. The new supplier has not begun production yet.