Author Topic: Upcoming IWM releases  (Read 79043 times)

Corrinald

• Master Sergeant
Re: Upcoming IWM releases
« Reply #60 on: 29 January 2011, 14:57:57 »
I like the original Apollo sculpt, I don't feel it needed a resculpt. I've missed it.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 29 January 2011, 15:20:51 »
Getting the okay, and getting it done are two different things.  Note that the listing says "re-issue" and not "resculpt". If you're expecting a resculpt, you will be disappointed.

it has been quite a while, and i know full well the difference, but thanks psycho, helpful as usual

perhaps we should get an official voice on what it is, since neither you nor i actually know, regardless of what you think
« Last Edit: 29 January 2011, 15:27:50 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #62 on: 29 January 2011, 22:43:20 »
except I think the mold for it was irreparably damaged some time ago, if rumor is to be believed
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 30 January 2011, 00:23:15 »
except I think the mold for it was irreparably damaged some time ago, if rumor is to be believed

that's devastating, a new AFG Apollo would have been awesome.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #64 on: 30 January 2011, 11:17:56 »
Sorry Daishi, I should have been more clear: I know the AFG resculpt Apollo does not exist at this point. It has not gone past the "want to" stage. The Apollo mini that is coming out is not from the AFG. Given that, I find no reason to doubt that the listing is correct and it is a re-issue, not a resculpt.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 30 January 2011, 12:16:02 »
what was the rational for this decision, the old apollo is ancient, why wouldn't they wait the extra months/year for the new one?
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 12:18:37 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: 30 January 2011, 12:18:20 »
Opinions on the Apollo sculpt aside, and I agree with you Daishi411 in spirit, has anyone heard anything about this year's archive list?  Also, has anyone heard from Sawbones?

S/F

Matt

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #67 on: 30 January 2011, 13:26:28 »
Don't care how we get an Apollo.  Just as long as we get one

Pretty please O:-)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: 30 January 2011, 13:28:52 »
RL changes in work/income put in a delay on the funding end. I don't know what went into the decision on IWM's side of things. Could be (and this is just speculation) that they decided not to wait on something that didn't appear to be going anywhere. And there are those who just want a mini, so IWM pleases them by putting out the old one.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #69 on: 30 January 2011, 13:30:51 »
Are we getting the old one or a new sculpt? I'm slightly confused because i thought some one said the old molds were ruined.I guess they could just copy them but if they are copying them why not jut make a new sculpt?
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 30 January 2011, 14:01:04 »
Are we getting the old one or a new sculpt? I'm slightly confused because i thought some one said the old molds were ruined.I guess they could just copy them but if they are copying them why not jut make a new sculpt?

i'm assuming the old sculpt with a new, not so broken mold.

Raven Alliance

insane_kangaroo

• Corporal
« Reply #71 on: 30 January 2011, 20:39:01 »
I can verify that it is NOT an AFG resculpt. The Apollo project has been shelved due to lack of funds. The model being issued by IWM is the old model being returned to production, and with the return of the old model, we'll probably not do the Apollo for the foreseeable future.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: 30 January 2011, 20:49:27 »
that's to bad, based on the other afg stuff it would have turned out really well. while you're here, do you have any info on the highlander resculpt, as well as the hammerhead, ironsides and zero mechscale fighters, and what the results were for which fighter people would like to see sculpted that was done a really long time ago?
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #73 on: 30 January 2011, 21:57:13 »
I guess the original mold was okay then, or they are pressing from an extant miniature. and taking the loss of detail as a cost of doing business.

the Apollo was one of thise few minis from the 3055 era that from a modern context was not that bad, unlike the fireball, Huron Warrior, or Battle Hawk.

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #74 on: 31 January 2011, 12:00:51 »
I'm just thrilled to see so much support for my fav FWL missile boat. :)

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

insane_kangaroo

• Corporal
« Reply #75 on: 31 January 2011, 17:33:09 »
that's to bad, based on the other afg stuff it would have turned out really well. while you're here, do you have any info on the highlander resculpt, as well as the hammerhead, ironsides and zero mechscale fighters, and what the results were for which fighter people would like to see sculpted that was done a really long time ago?

The 3 fighters have been submitted or are about to be submitted to IWM. I've seen them, they look good. The Highlander is still a 'go', just sitting on the shelf waiting for a sculptor and maybe some funding....but definitely still on the cards.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 31 January 2011, 17:39:13 »
perfect, thanks, i remember you posted the pictures for those three fighters and they looked awesome and i've been excited about them ever since
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #77 on: 31 January 2011, 17:59:11 »
The 3 fighters have been submitted or are about to be submitted to IWM. I've seen them, they look good. The Highlander is still a 'go', just sitting on the shelf waiting for a sculptor and maybe some funding....but definitely still on the cards.

What's the word on the Cauldron Born?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
    • Thomas S. Wolf - Portfolio
« Reply #78 on: 31 January 2011, 19:13:43 »
Oh, btw... is there any chance we get to see some preliminary, even if very early, shots of the upcoming minis?
Would love to see the Night Wolf, personally. :)
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev
Unit: CŴN ANNWN, Spectre Company, Command Lance
'Mech: PKP-!A Peacekeeper

GhostBear_TomeGurdel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Apparently, it is all my fault!
« Reply #79 on: 31 January 2011, 22:46:43 »
A while back a re-sculpted Nova Cat had been brought up. Has there been any forward movement on that one?
Craig "GhostBear_TomeGurdel" Tome (formerly azhael)

Catalyst Demo Team Agent #335
Former WizKids Battlemaster
I aim to misbehave!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #80 on: 01 February 2011, 01:07:01 »
IIRC, the Nova Cat resculpt lost out to the Highlander resculpt.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

webster

• Recruit
« Reply #81 on: 01 February 2011, 02:02:27 »
Any new word on the new infantry miniatures yet?   

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: 01 February 2011, 11:46:02 »

this is what i want to know.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2011, 11:55:18 by ShockaTime »

Raven Alliance

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #83 on: 01 February 2011, 11:57:15 »
IIRC, the Nova Cat resculpt lost out to the Highlander resculpt.

Which still just blows my mind, as disappointing as the Nova Cat is currently.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #84 on: 01 February 2011, 11:59:23 »
this is what i want to know.

I second that emotion
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #85 on: 01 February 2011, 12:18:45 »

and how awesome the Highlander Sculpt has always been

GhostBear_TomeGurdel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Apparently, it is all my fault!
« Reply #86 on: 01 February 2011, 13:13:37 »

One more time. Those will most likely be web site only items and as fan funded pieces we're waiting on Sawbones to get back and give us an update.

Craig "GhostBear_TomeGurdel" Tome (formerly azhael)

Catalyst Demo Team Agent #335
Former WizKids Battlemaster
I aim to misbehave!

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #87 on: 02 February 2011, 08:40:24 »
+1
I was really wanted to see the Nova Cat get a rescuplt. The current one looks like it was left in the middle of a dropship landing pad.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #88 on: 02 February 2011, 11:11:49 »
+1
I was really wanted to see the Nova Cat get a rescuplt. The current one looks like it was left in the middle of a dropship landing pad.

Even if it was just taking the MW:AoD sculpt and converting it over, I'd be happy with that. That's one heck of a good sculpt they gave the Nova Cat.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: 02 February 2011, 13:08:37 »
Even if it was just taking the MW:AoD sculpt and converting it over, I'd be happy with that. That's one heck of a good sculpt they gave the Nova Cat.

agreed, they got that sculpt right.

Raven Alliance

Register