Author Topic: New release pictures?  (Read 47656 times)

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
New release pictures?
« on: 14 April 2015, 09:08:04 »
Hello,

Would it be possible to even see rough pictures of the next wave of releases? I really am interested in a few; and would pre order them today, but I need proof of life.

I need pictures.

I am not alone.

We are legion, and we all need pictures.

You know what rhymes with Sloth?

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: New release pictures?
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2015, 09:28:58 »
I am not alone.

We are legion, and we all need pictures.

[stupid] [soapbox] [applause]

While last I heard from my contacts at IWM, only 1 design was in house (but that was roughly 2 weeks ago)...it's very possible they don't have images of them yet...but...

I agree...pictures would be awesome! Especially painted masters by the CSO guys!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2015, 00:29:11 »
This. Also is that new stalker II part of the wave? I'll buy at least a lance of it.  :)
« Last Edit: 16 April 2015, 09:19:51 by Mech42ace »
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2015, 09:02:18 »
This. Also is that new stalker II part of the wave? I'll but at least a lance of it.  :)

Yes it is!

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2015, 10:35:24 »
This. Also is that new stalker II part of the wave? I'll buy at least a lance of it.  :)

Distribution Releases
20-5113 Havoc HVC-P6 TRO 3145 35 Tons $10.50
20-5116 Stalker II STK-9A TRO 3145 85 Tons $15.50
20-5117 Kodiak II (Standard) TRO 3145 100 Tons $16.95
20-5118 Tomahawk II Prime TRO 3145 100 Tons $16.95
20-5119 Cave Lion (Standard) Era Digest: Dark Age 75 Tons $14.50

Some of these have great potential, I just need a picture, silhouette or even a trace of the outline before I break bread.

Please.

Think of the baby seals...

**edited for baby seals*****

Knallogfall

• Sergeant
  • Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt.
    • Krigshammer - Miniatures web log.
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2015, 15:01:37 »
Already pre-ordered the Stalker II. Hoping the legs can be assembled as intended, ie not like a silly chickenwalker instead of hardcore demolitions blimp.

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2015, 18:55:32 »
You see folks, Fidel is a visual creature. Shiny objects attract his attention. The more awesome and over the top the better. He is a creature of the eye. He is the artistic member of our Battletech group and our go to guy for things that are cool looking.  :D
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #7 on: 17 April 2015, 06:48:34 »
You see folks, Fidel is a visual creature. Shiny objects attract his attention. The more awesome and over the top the better. He is a creature of the eye. He is the artistic member of our Battletech group and our go to guy for things that are cool looking.  :D

Stop being polite. His Elvis on velvet series was horrible, but the Creepy Clowns was sheer genius . ;D

I do however have to agree I NEED STALKER II PICS!!! Please?
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2015, 21:11:46 »
Actually, why do we not have a sticky for new release pics for every release?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

jbressel

• Warrant Officer
  • Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2015, 00:43:17 »
Is there actually a date on the release? I know retail stores get it first,  BUT WHEN WILL THAT BE???????????

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2015, 02:52:40 »
I haven't even seen Pics up for the Agrotera, and the First quarter releases. (Except the Zeus X, when I saw mastergunz updated his profile pic on camospecs) but I had to Google 'Mastergunz Zeus x' to get it! :(

I am super excited about the stalker II. Love the fluff and the TRO graphic, Hope the mech is as excellent!

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2015, 07:34:04 »
Gah,

Proof of life....

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2015, 07:49:43 »
Already pre-ordered the Stalker II. Hoping the legs can be assembled as intended, ie not like a silly chickenwalker instead of hardcore demolitions blimp.

The Stalker II has been modeled by me and it looks like this

I dunno if i'm allowed to post renders of it so I won't unless one of the higher ups gives me the go ahead. But the legs are modeled to look exactly like this picture (the legs themselves not the pose). And it's a chicken walker in the picture so that's how I modeled it and that's how it's assembled. If you want to change it you'll have to modify the mini.

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2015, 10:45:24 »

I dunno if i'm allowed to post renders of it so I won't unless one of the higher ups gives me the go ahead. But the legs are modeled to look exactly like this picture (the legs themselves not the pose). And it's a chicken walker in the picture so that's how I modeled it and that's how it's assembled. If you want to change it you'll have to modify the mini.

If you are the Sentinel373 from MWO forums, I will pre-order this sight unseen, hell I'll order four.

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2015, 11:13:13 »
If you are the Sentinel373 from MWO forums, I will pre-order this sight unseen, hell I'll order four.

LOL yeah that's me :D

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2015, 17:06:41 »

LOL yeah, Sentinel's work is top notch! Seriously great 3D Sculptor!

Bartholomew bartholomew

• Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2015, 18:07:44 »
If they end up that good. I don't think just a lance of them will be enough to have. However my car is eating my spending cash again, so I will have to get multiples over time..

:'( :'(

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2015, 07:35:27 »
Woot ... Now I want Now Now Now :Jumpy:
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2015, 09:40:00 »
I desire a pair for my Noah's Ark collection.  :D
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #19 on: 20 April 2015, 09:14:13 »
Love the look of this and if you captured the artwork the mini should look great.  I always thought the original Stalker alway slooked like it was about to fall over backwards. 
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2015, 17:42:48 »
You have that right - the mini sure did, until based O0
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jbressel

• Warrant Officer
  • Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2015, 20:07:55 »
Um, forget falling over, it looked like a penis with legs..... ??? This looks far less phallic.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2015, 21:30:36 »
Um, forget falling over, it looked like a penis with legs..... ???

You say that like it's a bad thing  O:-)

Non-seriously, I'd call it "all the better to **** you with, my dear". Heck, we had Cochrane's Goliaths and Miller's Marauders, why not a company of four Stalkers, four Mackies, and four Jenners, as "Dilbert's ________" (space left to be filled by dirty minds) O0
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2015, 22:02:12 »
Um, forget falling over, it looked like a penis with legs..... ??? This looks far less phallic.
Kind of why I'm using the new stalker as a proxy for the 3025 version. :D
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 21 April 2015, 00:24:05 »

Well.... it is called a Stalker.....  :o

This one does look nice, though!

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #25 on: 21 April 2015, 14:15:39 »
That new stalker is going to be beautiful if it looks like that. Looks like I'll have to get more stalkers...darn the luck.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #26 on: 22 April 2015, 06:48:08 »
That new stalker is going to be beautiful if it looks like that. Looks like I'll have to get more stalkers...darn the luck.

Do a search of Sentinel373's work. You will be impressed.
I have not and would not pre order any IWM mechs sight unseen, but I'm ordering four of these.

Still would like to see pictures though.

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #27 on: 22 April 2015, 09:32:32 »
you guys are giving me too much credit :) (please continue :P) Since technically only one of my Official sculpts has been released so far. I've made more but they haven't been released yet for reasons unknown to me. But I'm glad you guys think so highly of me.

I hope I'll be able to post a render of the Stalker II at some point but I wont until one of the higher ups give me the thumbs up. I'm quite happy with the model though and I think you guys will like it.
I worked closely again with Anthony Scroggins who designed the Stalker II to ensure it's exactly as he envisioned it.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 22 April 2015, 11:24:57 »
you guys are giving me too much credit :) (please continue :P) Since technically only one of my Official sculpts has been released so far. I've made more but they haven't been released yet for reasons unknown to me. But I'm glad you guys think so highly of me.

I hope I'll be able to post a render of the Stalker II at some point but I wont until one of the higher ups give me the thumbs up. I'm quite happy with the model though and I think you guys will like it.
I worked closely again with Anthony Scroggins who designed the Stalker II to ensure it's exactly as he envisioned it.

We are definitely NOT giving you too much credit. Your work speaks for itself Sentinel! Seriously, you're a very talented person, and we cannot thank you enough for what you do. Hopefully someday, the higher ups will realize the potential money being held aside for your most famous project that shall remain nameless!!! lol

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #29 on: 23 April 2015, 07:40:04 »
We are definitely NOT giving you too much credit. Your work speaks for itself Sentinel! Seriously, you're a very talented person, and we cannot thank you enough for what you do. Hopefully someday, the higher ups will realize the potential money being held aside for your most famous project that shall remain nameless!!! lol

^^^Fightclub^^^