Author Topic: Fenris alt. arms  (Read 2917 times)

willydstyle

• Captain
Fenris alt. arms
« on: 12 May 2011, 00:00:38 »
I'm looking at building a Fenris variant, and I'm wondering what the variant the "alt arms" on the site are for.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Fenris alt. arms
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2011, 08:53:08 »
those are to the original Fenris miniature from when Christ was preaching.  Right now the only Variants that can be made of a Modern Fenris Mini http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4045 is the H, unless there is a clever way to co opt other Omnimech parts that I am not aware of.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2011, 12:25:42 »
The B, C, and D can be made but the first two require some modelling skills and the third requires a lot of advanced craftsmanship heh. Let me know if you're still interested.

Arb is right about the H, its as easy as buying alternate arms and gluing them on!

(I'm talking about the resculpt Fenris.)

Dak

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2011, 13:21:14 »
Thanks for the input guys. Can the Mad Dog prime arms be ordered?  I could saw the MPLs off those to make the D.

lonewolf256

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2011, 06:32:35 »
Very interested in D variant.

Can you list method to make it?

Thanks

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2011, 09:46:09 »
The arm for the D variant has been done but it seems to keep getting lost/misplaced/lowered in priority for release.  I pester Mike about it every couple of weeks since I found it months ago while putting together the Celestial Dominus variants...

Rob

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2011, 15:56:34 »
For my custom made Fenris D, I used a Prime Dragonfly right arm (plus the lasers pod). The left arm was the upper arm of a Prime Fenris, and a modified lower arm of the same. I carefully cut the PPC barrel away from the bulk of the housing and reshaped the tip of the laser to a cone-shaped pulse style. I then attached a forearm and fist from the Dragonfly Prime's left arm (There are a few other pieces to get that too). Additionally I added a pulse laser tip to the 'nose' of the torso.

Hope thats explanatory enough!

Dak

Mr Balk

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2011, 09:19:36 »

Mr Balk

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2011, 11:55:45 »
Thanks Mr. Balk, that illustrates what I meant exactly. :)

Dak

Mr Balk

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2011, 09:02:44 »
Thanks Mr. Balk, that illustrates what I meant exactly. :)

Dak

Just figure since I had this pictures from a commission job from last year and did the same thing you noted, it would be helpful.

Mr Balk

Register