Author Topic: What would you salvage?  (Read 1444 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
What would you salvage?
« on: 20 February 2018, 00:59:36 »
Its April 3133 and the HPG network went down last year.  Society has collapsed (or so it seems) and you band together to survive as mercs.  As part of getting off a world in along the Lyran border you got on a dropship used to gather Stormhammers.  Besides paying in weapons for the transport, you also agreed to three raids after which they will drop you on Galatea.

The first raid to gather supplies (rations- basically a commissary run against a anti-Steiner business) has the player group running into a medium company of Standing Guard armor, some supporting infantry, and two lances of green converted equipment (workmechs, etc)

After breaking the defenders and driving off the security force the following is taken as salvage & loot-
Abandoned after immobilized/engine crit except when [whatever].
Joust [turret]
Joust
Light TBolt Carrier
Plainsmen
Ranger VVI (Intceptor)
Condor (Upg)
Cyrano (crashed into building)
LRM Carrier (58)
Vedette (LBX)
Flatbed MRR Technical (3 Med Recoilless Rifles, 2 RL20 racks & RL10)
Bailey Armored Car

Salvaged suits
GDL (LRR)      1
Angerona (Rec)      2 plus parts
Asterion (Upg MRR)   1

Remains of 4 converted work mechs and a Quasit

Warehouse/Processing Plant loot-
2 Ibex (MG) recon vehicles
20+ various trucks (Sherpa, Flatbed, etc)
1 LoaderMech

All of this and the objective material gets hauled off in the cargo spaces, but the salvage part of the agreement was a 60/40 exchange agreement while damage was for replacement.  What would you take as part of the Stormhammer's 60% of the equipment assuming it could all be repaired up to near spec condition?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: What would you salvage?
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2018, 02:01:33 »
Hmm, I think the Joust would be high up on the list.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2018, 10:21:10 »
I'd be tempted to prioritize the Joust, either the Plainsman or the Condor, and a couple of trucks for hauling/logistics.  On the other hand, I might prefer to grab the LRM carrier or other vehicles just for whatever ammo and equipment they may have left.  Remaining armor, ammo, and spare parts may be a more important consideration than another combat unit that you may not be able to get parts to keep working.  Either way, having a couple of serviceable trucks could be a life-saver down the road in a post-collapse scenario (and you're already paying the transport tonnage for them being full, so fill them up with salvaged ammo, armor, and supplies).

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2018, 12:51:32 »
To clarify, all these vehicles were fully salvageable to get back in operations.  I have a separate list for the ones that had to get parted out, like a Regulator, Giggins APC (FS), etc.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2018, 08:18:59 »
In order of priority
Joust
Condor (Upg)
LRM Carrier (58)
Quasit
Light TBolt Carrier
Vedette (LBX)
2 Ibex (MG) recon vehicles
1 LoaderMech (could always turn it into a milita mech)
Plainsmen
Ranger VVI (Intceptor)
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2018, 18:12:04 »
Oddly enough, the Condor was more valuable than the Joust b/c it had a big XL while being the export models, they just had a SFE.  Since I was basing it on their full repair value, it took up a chunk on either side.  All the IndiMechs and the Quasit were pieces, maybe 2 IndiMechs could have half salvaged but the Quasit took it full on the CT- so dead.

Since quantity has a quality all its own, it came down to the Stormhammers taking-
Joust x2
LRM Carrier (58)
Light TBolt Carrier
Ranger VVI (Intceptor)
LRM Carrier (58)
Vedette (LBX)
battle armor
parts salvaged from the vehicles (Gauss Rifle, engines, etc)
half the salvaged armor

Which left the mercs with-
Condor (Upg)- expensive
Plainsmen
Cyrano (Std)- flying soda can
technical
Bailey AC
Ibex
some trucks
half the salvaged std armor
Colt Ward