Poll

Which mech do you think we need to ask to have resculpted and released as next years Gen Con exclusive?

Imp
19 (11.7%)
Nightstar
10 (6.1%)
Gunslinger
11 (6.7%)
Highlander
27 (16.6%)
Catapault (with optional K2-K4 bits)
15 (9.2%)
Cereberus
3 (1.8%)
Cobra
1 (0.6%)
Cougar
4 (2.5%)
Dragon
12 (7.4%)
Anubis
2 (1.2%)
Jagermech III
6 (3.7%)
King Crab
12 (7.4%)
Osiris
1 (0.6%)
Uziel
13 (8%)
Hammer
1 (0.6%)
None, I want another jumping mech.
8 (4.9%)
Other
18 (11%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Voting closed: 24 August 2011, 14:45:55

Author Topic: 2012 Gen Con IWM Miniature Poll  (Read 23743 times)

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
2012 Gen Con IWM Miniature Poll
« on: 10 August 2011, 14:45:55 »
I was going through the IWM catalog looking for the mechs I feel would benefit from a resculpt, here is the list I came up with and I'd like to know what your vote is.

Thanks
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: 2012 Gen Con IWM Miniature Poll
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2011, 14:58:53 »
The Catapult has already been resculpted once for an LE and can easily a C1, A1, C3, C5, C5A, Nearly all of the K* series...

Do we have a definitive list of which were the Con LE 'Mechs from the various years?  *Sends out the SpeckLight*
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2011, 15:03:00 »
I was tied between the Dragon (being a die-hard Kuritan) and the Uziel (hate that frog faced mini, but love the various artwork of the Uzi), so I guess it's gotta be a slightly chunkier Uzi, with the proper cockpit this time, as per the art.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2011, 15:26:36 »
I want a Berzerker with a Hammer.  If not the Hammer 'mech weilded as a weapon, then a giant hammer (Berzerker-sized).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Redshirt

• Iron Banner Addict
  • Lieutenant
  • Please wait while I make my Perception Roll
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2011, 15:32:12 »
I would REALLY like to see a Devastator without the dorky running pose. The "running man" pose is the only reason I have not gone out and bought one...
I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

This is a Sham! This is a Mockery! This is a... a... TRAVISHAMOCKERY!!!!!!

Wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. You're wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. You're the creamy filling of wrongness in the middle of the wrong donut with brightly colored sprinkles of wrongness on top. You're wrong.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2011, 15:32:32 »
Man, I'm torn between a resculpted Imp and Highlander.  Both have a lot of potential for improvement and are some of my favorite 'mechs.  The Imp would be great for players wanting to play the Golden Century-era Clans.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2011, 15:34:33 »
I would REALLY like to see a Devastator without the dorky running pose. The "running man" pose is the only reason I have not gone out and bought one...

Have you tried replacing the legs with something else? I admit I've considered doing so on another Devastator sometime- my current one is in the original pose, but it's not great, I admit. Someone around here has to have some ideas though on a set of legs that won't look ridiculous on it.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2011, 15:39:47 »
I chose the Highlander, Aside from the IIC it's never been resculpted and to be fair, though i love the mech in game, the mini has always sort of been a boring one.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2011, 15:55:07 »
I'd like another jumping 'Mech...

Personal preference being either a Turkina B, or an Urbie.

Eldragon

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2011, 16:02:07 »
I had to vote Uziel. Only mech I've encountered where extra sculpting/kitbashing is practically required.

PucKviruS

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2011, 16:09:15 »
I vote on the Hunchback IIC as needing a resculpt.

Dude you gotta use your imagination on the base... Have you not seen what I did with mine?
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,8167.0.html

RJM

• Sergeant
  • "How do I define honor? Success." -Vlad Ward
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2011, 16:11:39 »
Jumping Highlander!  None can withstand the Highlander Burial.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 10 August 2011, 16:32:58 »
i would give a limb to own a catapult with the ppcs, that sculpt was amazing, i realize it's already been done. i'm a firm believer that jumping mechs have been beaten to death, and they're so unoriginal that there are now production pieces in a jumping pose, on top of that i have the bashing skills to make my mechs jumping. i would rather have variants like the banshee with the axe for example, or unique variants of btech heroes like direwolf widowmaker or a fire moth aletha in a really cool pose. not necessarily a proponent of any those in particular, just throwing out what i think is coolest
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #13 on: 10 August 2011, 17:38:52 »
I chose the Highlander, Aside from the IIC it's never been resculpted and to be fair, though i love the mech in game, the mini has always sort of been a boring one.

Got to agree with the Colonel. The Highlander IIC is so good, and the poor old Highlander is so dumpy & static. I ended up sacrificing the gauss from my IIC and mounting it on my Highlander, just to give it the dash and vigour it deserves. A taller model in a walking pose, with a gun that doesn't look like a beehive - ideally base/legs/hips one piece, torso another, separate arms; I'd like a separate head like the IIC, but wouldn't die if the head was one piece with the torso.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2011, 18:16:53 »
I voted for the Gunslinger.  It'd be sweet to have one closer to the TRO art

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Redshirt

• Iron Banner Addict
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 10 August 2011, 18:35:55 »
I vote on the Hunchback IIC as needing a resculpt.

Dude you gotta use your imagination on the base... Have you not seen what I did with mine?
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,8167.0.html

I did. And it's nice.

I'm just not that fond of the fact the mini looks like it is tripping over a stray Omni-mech that some Clanner left laying about. It's kind of like the Kodiak mini, whose pose reminds me of the Bo Derek scene in "10"...

(And Hellbie, I'm already working on your suggestion about the Devastator top and Patriot's legs...)

Wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. You're wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. You're the creamy filling of wrongness in the middle of the wrong donut with brightly colored sprinkles of wrongness on top. You're wrong.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2011, 19:11:18 »
I want a Dervish, she's a great mech that should have a update. [rockon]
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2011, 19:14:12 »
Frankly I'd like to see the paired set of an Icarus II and a Daedalus... perhaps both with partial wings...

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2011, 19:37:23 »
Jumping Highlander!  None can withstand the Highlander Burial.

This is what I want to see.  How have we gotten so many jumping 'Mechs with no jumping Highlander?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2011, 19:53:36 »
Gunslinger and Cerberus are certainly worthy of a resculpt, but had to put the Highlander first.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2011, 20:10:06 »
Hell, I'll throw in for a resculpted Thunder- with parts for either the AC-20/LB-20X OR the Arrow launcher.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2011, 20:12:31 »
Hell, I'll throw in for a resculpted Thunder- with parts for either the AC-20/LB-20X OR the Arrow launcher.

or one with the new arm for the disgusting new variant from prototypes
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

RGCavScout

• Master Sergeant
  • We are the Brute Squad!
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2011, 20:23:45 »
I wouldn't mind seeing an Imp like in the Operation Klondike book.

Ultimately, anything that is NOT jumping would be pretty sweet.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."  Dread Pirate Roberts

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2011, 20:29:16 »
Definitely would like a jazzier resculpted Highlander, preferably easy enough to mod to/from jumping

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2011, 20:48:09 »

I'd back that second part. The jumping thing has been overdone- and isn't all that useful for the tabletop anyway (the Hatchetman aside).

+Crow T. Robot+

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2011, 22:20:05 »
The Catapult has already been resculpted once for an LE and can easily a C1, A1, C3, C5, C5A, Nearly all of the K* series...

Do we have a definitive list of which were the Con LE 'Mechs from the various years?  *Sends out the SpeckLight*

Con LE's in order

Catapult (Though not a true LE since it was never stated a limit and only available at conventions) appeared in 2006
Below have a limit attached to them and are Jumping mechs
Jade Hawk    2008
Hatchetman  2009
Thunderbolt  2010
Rifleman IIC  2011
Rifleman 7X   2011

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2011, 23:08:28 »
Con LE's in order

Catapult (Though not a true LE since it was never stated a limit and only available at conventions) appeared in 2006
Below have a limit attached to them and are Jumping mechs
Jade Hawk    2008
Hatchetman  2009
Thunderbolt  2010
Rifleman IIC  2011
Rifleman 7X   2011

What about the "Gama" Stinger?  Was that limited too or is there a chance we may see it again some day?

Shi_no_Kami

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 11 August 2011, 06:11:40 »

+1... How many times should I +1 this?... I hate the current Imp (freaky Golfball mech...) but actually like the Imp's art from Klondike... that should be the Imp sculpt we have not the current hideous one.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 11 August 2011, 06:34:25 »
It doesn't matter which one - if it is not jumping.

Redshirt

• Iron Banner Addict
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 11 August 2011, 07:03:19 »

I'll back you on that one. It is a pain trying to find a Thunder these days...