Author Topic: Cheaper Canadian IWM access  (Read 3534 times)

Highlander00

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Cheaper Canadian IWM access
« on: 11 March 2011, 10:32:59 »
This is for the canadian players out there whose LGS don't carry or order IWM minis because there is no canadian distributor(I could be wrong here+-) and they can't financially make it viable to order just a couple of minis from IWM. Meeplemart in Toronto will order minis for you and his shipping charge is a flat $10 for Ontario and Quebec and $14 for the rest of Canada. He doesn't have IWM mechs listed but just email him your shopping list and he'll order and pick them up from his US distributors for you.
http://www.meeplemart.com/pages/f-a-q

Highlander00
(if this is in the wrong area can the mods please put it in the right one.)
« Last Edit: 11 March 2011, 10:35:26 by Highlander00 »

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
Re: Cheaper Canadian IWM access
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2011, 12:22:35 »
I'm not quite sure what issues you are having from IWM. I'm also in Canada (just outside Toronto  [rockon] ) and I can tell you that even just a couple of minis only costs 14$ max for shipping cause anything over 50.00 gets a discount. That's 4 mechs and some bases or whatever.

I've never had an issue with customs or anything.
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

Highlander00

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2011, 12:55:17 »
I have never had a problem with IWM either but I talked to a few people in the area and wanted to give them another option on buying from a canadian FLGS. I know there is always the direct purchase from IWM but I like to try and support local gaming stores in the area as very few carry the minis.

Highlander00

TheOldGuy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2011, 01:08:14 »
I've hesitated buying because normally any cross border shipments UPS ****s me.  I'll end up with another $20+ tacked on by UPS.  No one else have that?

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2011, 01:38:00 »
Nope! My last order was around 120.00 and there was ZERO duty.

This order will be around 70 and I'm expecting the same.
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2011, 02:25:41 »
I've hesitated buying because normally any cross border shipments UPS ****s me.  I'll end up with another $20+ tacked on by UPS.  No one else have that?

Yes. At least yours was only $20.

What can brown do for me? Not touch a package that has to come across the border. The difference is that with USPS, you're expected to pay the duty if customs decides to ask for it. With UPS, they pay it, and charge you extra for the service. At least that's what I understood from my invoice.