Author Topic: (Answered) Aerospace units and machine guns in rapid fire mode  (Read 1307 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
And if so, how would that be applied in game?

Page 102 of Tactical Operations describes the use of machineguns in rapid fire mode, however it does not specify whether this can be used by aerospace elements, or how it would be applied in game.

If it is allowed, I would assume that the machineguns in rapid fire mode would use the average of their damage, as with other rapid fire weapons, And since heat and ammo consumption for rapid fire machineguns are based on the damage they do, that would determine those stats. But some official clarification would be nice.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 11:40:48 by Xotl »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Machine guns mounted on Aerospace units may not use rapid fire.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
I guess they can't all go in my favor. Thanks.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!