Author Topic: (Answered) Space Mines and their dispensers  (Read 1862 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
(Answered) Space Mines and their dispensers
« on: 20 May 2017, 17:02:14 »
From the pdf

TO pg 366 Space Mines entry:
Game Rules: Space Mines are set up in dense fi elds, either by combat engineers prior to the battle, by Space Mine dispensers or a screen launcher during battle.

This is the only reference to a screen launcher being able to deploy space mines that I can find.
1-Are screen launchers able to deploy space mines as an alternate ammo type?
1.1-If so are they the same 10 ton weight as screen canisters normally are?
1.2-What direction and speed do screen launcher delivered space mines use?
1.3-Or does flying through a deployed screen bear the same consequences as flying through a space minefield?

If I am just missing where the rules already are for this, please point me towards them.

TO pg 324-325 Space Mine dispenser entries
TO pg 408-409 Space Mine dispenser chart entries

On the 'Heavy Weapon and Equipment Construction Data' table in the ammo column space mine dispensers have a 2*. The asterisk designates that there are additional rules in the item's entry. The entry doesn't mention any rules pertaining to how much ammo a space mine dispenser has, only vehicular and battle armor ones.
2-Are there rules I am missing about it?
2.1-Or does the space mine dispenser have the same restrictions for ammo as the vehicular and battle armor dispensers?
2.2-Or does it actually get 2 minefields per ton assigned to ammo, as designated on the chart?

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Re: Space Mines and their dispensers
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2017, 19:04:09 »
Also just noticed on TO pg 415 it says space mines weigh 10 tons each (as opposed to the launcher), which seems like it may be relevant to this.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Space Mines and their dispensers
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2017, 21:28:53 »
1 - Yes.

1.1 - For simplicicty's sake, yes.  Even though the Space Mine Dispenser itself weighs ten tons and contains two "shots" of space mines, assume that the additional mass is needed when loading the mines into screen launchers in order to adapt them to the launcher's firing mechanism.

1.2 - Use the rules for screens.

1.3 - No. Screens and minefields are very different.  The rules for screens can be found in Total Warfare, page 251.

2 - Same restrictions as vehicular dispensers.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register