Author Topic: Difference between molding line and a non-conforming product  (Read 3377 times)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Today I took the time to assemble some miniature.
I started to clean the molding line of a Black Hawk (Nova Prime).
The arms torso and feet did not show any imperfection, but when I got the legs
I realize that it was not about molding line, but something worse:

I state that I am ignorant as regards the mold of miniatures,but I think that happened here during the spin that the mold (probably not closed in the right way)
has slipped by a few millimeters, so 'to create this real difference between the 2 parties.
The point is that in order to eliminate this defect with the file I deleted most of the details.
Luckily it was just the legs, but once I happened upon an entire sculpture.
I think this should be treated as a non-conforming product and therefore should not be sold to the customer.
This is not a thread intended to denigrate anyone, indeed, I hope that in future there will be more careful when these incidents happen and discard the piece instead to package it.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2012, 11:07:13 by agen2 »

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Re: Difference between molding line and a non-conforming product
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2012, 11:09:46 »
 I've had some bad molds but nothing like that. The good thing is the folks at IWM are pretty good people.If you contact them with the issue they would probably send you out a new one.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2012, 12:14:07 »
You're correct that what happened to you was a mold slip, either via faulty cavity in the mold or it shifted a bit during its spin.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2012, 12:36:06 »
.If you contact them with the issue they would probably send you out a new one.

1)for those like me who lived in Italy is impractical.
2)I Bought this product time ago and realized just today the issue,I haven't any receipt and, probably I did't bought from IWM  directly.
3)I prefer prevention rather than cure.
In fact, I understand very well that during the work accidents can happen, then it would be appropriate to report them and avoid packaging in advance.

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2012, 12:00:49 »
2)I Bought this product time ago and realized just today the issue,I haven't any receipt and, probably I did't bought from IWM  directly.
In fact, I understand very well that during the work accidents can happen, then it would be appropriate to report them and avoid packaging in advance.

1: Does not matter for IWM, they'll take care of you
2: See above.
3: IWM does a LOT more than just cast stuff for Battletech.  On a individual day, several thousand pieces are cast from all of their lines and companies they do work for.  On average, several hundred pieces daily get chucked back into the rejection pile to get slagged and melted down later.  Some miscasts will get through, it simply is going to happen when you have a massive volume of casting,
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2012, 13:47:19 »

I appologise. you sound offended and I didn't mean to do that, just make a suggestion.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2012, 14:32:09 »
I appologise. you sound offended and I didn't mean to do that, just make a suggestion.

No need to apologize I do not feel offended at all, I just wanted to discuss and bring to prominence this.
in the end then it's not a real problem,life still goes on and I still  appreciate the work of the IWM and soon I am going to make a big order.
ps
the Nova was still assembled. :)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2012, 15:01:12 »

3: IWM does a LOT more than just cast stuff for Battletech.  On a individual day, several thousand pieces are cast from all of their lines and companies they do work for.  On average, several hundred pieces daily get chucked back into the rejection pile to get slagged and melted down later.  Some miscasts will get through, it simply is going to happen when you have a massive volume of casting,

Yes you are right I probably can not imagine the countless pieces that they will have to do every day, I speak like a simple customer.

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2012, 15:54:16 »
Yes you are right I probably can not imagine the countless pieces that they will have to do every day, I speak like a simple customer.

I understand where you're coming from, but it helps to see it from both sides of the fence.  If you contact IWM, they will square you away.  Usually they throw a bonus mini in when it happens as well.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2012, 16:00:59 »
I understand where you're coming from, but it helps to see it from both sides of the fence.  If you contact IWM, they will square you away.  Usually they throw a bonus mini in when it happens as well.

Well good to known that in sight of the next big order I'm going to do,just waiting for the Shadow Cat II and Onager available in stock.

Jeffrey

• Master Sergeant
  • play with battletech pandemonium tidewaterchapter
    • battletechpandemonium.tidewaterchapter
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2012, 19:34:07 »
I have scent arms and legs back,and had no problems with them reshipping me back. O0
check out Battletech pandemonium on facebook  (Virginia)

no kidding,there I was,surrounded,and was I scared, darn right I was scared,scared that one of them would get away!!!                                                                          Hampton,Virginia

Register