Author Topic: Thanks IWM!!  (Read 1321 times)

serrate

• Warrant Officer
Thanks IWM!!
« on: 17 November 2014, 12:49:07 »
So Saturday, I had to run an errand across town, and decided to see how close I was to IWM's new offices. I had my 10-yr-old daughter with me, and I thought it would be fun to show her where/how all my BT miniatures are made.

We arrived and there was only one car in the lot. Tried the door and it was locked, but about 5 seconds later it opens up and Mark Rubin (co-owner, possibly the only IWM person I've never met) invites us in. I explained I had hoped to give my kid a look around, and Mark proceeded to stop what he was doing (paperwork, invoices, etc) and give us the grand tour! He walked us through the entire process, from mold-making to casting, packing, etc. Even got to see the resin casting process as well. Nothing was actually running, of course, but Mark really took his time to show us as much as he could. My daughter had a great time, and so did I.

The new place is great! SO much room compared to the old location, it feels like a completely different business.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Mark! The tour wasn't at all surprising, tbh, as everyone at IWM is like this. It's a small business filled with people who simply enjoy what they do, and they like making stuff that they can share with others who will appreciate it.

O0

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
Re: Thanks IWM!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2014, 12:53:35 »
Awesome! It should have been truly magnificent! O0 O0
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross