Author Topic: CRD-8S Crusader mini?  (Read 6210 times)

Zaskar24

• Corporal
CRD-8S Crusader mini?
« on: 20 March 2016, 20:35:37 »
Are there any plans to produce a mini for this variant? 

« Last Edit: 21 March 2016, 17:05:26 by Zaskar24 »

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: CRD-8S Crusader mini?
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2016, 05:45:32 »
Last I heard, not at this time, but things change. You can always suggest it in the next round of Fan Financing.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2016, 10:58:15 »
That's the HGR one, right? The gun wouldn't be hard to kitbash if you needed to, tryiing to think what would work well for the arms (I'm not suggesting modifying the existing ones!)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2016, 13:30:08 »
There is artwork that exists for it already so that could give you a basis for a mod.

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2016, 18:48:24 »
That's the HGR one, right? The gun wouldn't be hard to kitbash if you needed to, tryiing to think what would work well for the arms (I'm not suggesting modifying the existing ones!)

Correct JHB.

Thank you for the replies. Since I injured my right hand I have lost some fine motor control making it hard enough to put together these multi-part minis that Have appeared since I stopped close to a decade ago. I will eventually try my hand at kitbashing minis again but have to figure out how to work around the hand issue.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2016, 22:40:48 »
You could take the Reseen Crusader and gouge a big chunk out of the right side of the mech.  It's what the thing looks like after a few rounds of combat.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2016, 05:17:49 »
You could take the Reseen Crusader and gouge a big chunk out of the right side of the mech.  It's what the thing looks like after a few rounds of combat.

Funny but most likely true. Still would like to have a non-after a few rounds of combat version to have on the table as well.

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2016, 05:23:08 »

Something like this?  I made this one six years ago

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2016, 10:23:56 »
Thank you for the replies. Since I injured my right hand I have lost some fine motor control making it hard enough to put together these multi-part minis that Have appeared since I stopped close to a decade ago. I will eventually try my hand at kitbashing minis again but have to figure out how to work around the hand issue.
Working with styrene plastic may be a good start for you. It is easy to shape, comes in many shapes and textures, and the low price makes it very forgiving of mistakes.  I have trouble holding smaller pieces so I use a hobby vise, clamps, forceps, and reverse-acting tweezers to help me.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2016, 13:32:24 »
Something like this?  I made this one six years ago

I was actually making a joke about how quickly the HGR explodes from a crit, but that's a nice looking mini.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2016, 17:45:50 »
Something like that indeed S-T!

Thank you for the information about working with styrene Cache. Something to look into.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2016, 16:59:53 »
What was the barrel?  Its got a huge mouth no one would like to be staring down.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2016, 10:44:55 »
What was the barrel?  Its got a huge mouth no one would like to be staring down.

Piece of plastic tube, really don't remember, from what.  Decorated with various small bits.

Arms been milled and laser cover glued above and filed again.

Rather unaccurate work, now I can do that better. :)

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2016, 17:16:31 »
Rather unaccurate work, now I can do that better. :)

I sure do miss you sharing your work, here (I don't do bookface).

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2016, 20:20:08 »
Any word on when the next round of fan financing will occur?

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #15 on: 11 May 2016, 21:14:16 »
I believe that B-3 is still working on the Bakeneko BKN-1K master sculpt at the moment because we have not seen QCC approved photos of it as yet. So no word as yet.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2016, 09:55:42 »
I believe that B-3 is still working on the Bakeneko BKN-1K master sculpt at the moment because we have not seen QCC approved photos of it as yet.

Correct...

It would be fun to finance one of the primitives from 'V' and have the mini released before the artwork... :))

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2016, 01:04:55 »
It would be fun to finance one of the primitives from 'V' and have the mini released before the artwork... :))
I asked Mike Noe at GC last year about when we could see the Re-Imaged WHM and MAD, (among others), and he said they have to have Art appear in some Official Source first. To have Fan Financed minis appear before artwork when we can't do that with the Re-Imaged Unseens would NOT make ME "Happy" in the slightest.    :-X
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #18 on: 13 May 2016, 18:30:45 »
Hasn't IWM always had a requirement for official artwork before they could produce a new mini?

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #19 on: 15 May 2016, 20:02:54 »
That is certainly my understanding of how the Fan Fundication process is set up to work.

IAMCLANWOLF takes the official CGL published artwork for a mech turns it into a bunch of isometric engineering drawings for B-3 to use for production of the master sculpt and for the QCC to review and approve.

None of the Fan Fundications have included funding official artwork for a mech. In fact, my understanding is that IAMCLANWOLF is a volunteer and does not get any compensation (other than the BT community's undying gratitude) isometric engineering drawings he produces.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2016, 09:55:22 »
I'm fairly confident all of the artwork for Primitives V has been approved by Topps/CGL.
We're just waiting on some final edits/rewrites from Herb. I was simply suggesting that
it would be neat to release the mini before, or the same time the TRO went on sale to
the masses. Anyway, it would seem IWM already has a large backlog, sro, bad idea.