Author Topic: Looking for Lyran Commonwealth 'Mechs from TRO 3039  (Read 8086 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Looking for Lyran Commonwealth 'Mechs from TRO 3039
« Reply #30 on: 20 February 2017, 21:55:42 »
It's listed as a Lyran mech in the MUL.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #31 on: 21 February 2017, 00:23:25 »
And as an aficionado of the Charger's better variants -- I've made extensive use of both the -SB and -1A5 in campaign games -- I can say while the -SB does indeed appear on the LyrCom MUL, the lore for that variant is mercenary-specific.  I've never read anything anywhere about the LCAF employing -SB, much less mass-converting them from captured DCMS -1A1s.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 21 February 2017, 10:59:09 »
Not EXACTLY what I was thinking of, but in TRO 3039 there is the line, "Inevitably, battlefield salvage distributed Chargers into the militaries of the LAAF, AFFS, and to a lesser extent, the FWLM. Davion forces ended up moving the salvage to the mercenary market, while the Lyran forces adopted the design as a heavy recon element for its assault companies." I'm not quite sure that it the line I was thinking of, but it's possible I just blew it out of proportion a bit!

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2017, 19:42:11 »
Not EXACTLY what I was thinking of, but in TRO 3039 there is the line, "Inevitably, battlefield salvage distributed Chargers into the militaries of the LAAF, AFFS, and to a lesser extent, the FWLM. Davion forces ended up moving the salvage to the mercenary market, while the Lyran forces adopted the design as a heavy recon element for its assault companies." I'm not quite sure that it the line I was thinking of, but it's possible I just blew it out of proportion a bit!

Going by that quote, they're probably referring to the base -1A1 version; it is indeed fast enough (5/8/0) to scout for other assault 'Mechs, while the -SB's speed is comparable to other assault 'Mechs (3/5/0).

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2017, 23:21:29 »
Going by that quote, they're probably referring to the base -1A1 version; it is indeed fast enough (5/8/0) to scout for other assault 'Mechs, while the -SB's speed is comparable to other assault 'Mechs (3/5/0).

So I could take 4 and call it a scout lance?

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2017, 23:53:10 »
Technically, I suppose.  I'd take no more than one or two, though, and tack on a couple other 4/6 assaults (BattleMaster, perhaps?) or maybe a 5/8 medium or heavy (Dragon or Griffin) to make up for the Charger(s) rather anemic firepower.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 24 February 2017, 11:07:05 »
Lyran scout lance?  2 Chargers, Zeus and an Atlas?

So I could take 4 and call it a scout lance?