Author Topic: Aidan Pryde  (Read 5367 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: Aidan Pryde
« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2013, 19:04:08 »
The irony of the Clans is that they came to the stage wearing black hats, but it turned out that their corruption was matched or exceeded by many of the House Lords around them when you remember all of their various schemes.   Humanity, spheroid or clanner, are all equal in that regard.

Aidan Pryde just happens to be first among equals on the Clan side with regard to profound quirkiness and incredible skill.   If Aidan did not exist, then Kai Allard-Liao would imbalance everything and have to be retconed. 

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

kaliyama

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2013, 19:37:43 »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 19:35:41 by kaliyama »

HikageMaru

• Captain
  • The Capellans are not evil.
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2013, 09:29:44 »
Why did they make this guy for a clanner so likable.  The type guy you want to root for? 

Truth be told, I don't see the Clanners as really human because those things that really make us human: empathy, love, the parent-child relationship---is for the most part lacking in Clanners.

Aiden Pryde had those qualities. He learned to genuinely cared for others, he loved (I'd say he loved Martha romantically, but he also loved Horse as a friend)---he even had a real daughter born from a real mother (though he didn't know it). Aiden was human. And that makes him likable.

I still found his personality annoying, though.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2013, 12:38:41 »
Truth be told, I don't see the Clanners as really human because those things that really make us human: empathy, love, the parent-child relationship---is for the most part lacking in Clanners.

Aiden Pryde had those qualities. He learned to genuinely cared for others, he loved (I'd say he loved Martha romantically, but he also loved Horse as a friend)---he even had a real daughter born from a real mother (though he didn't know it). Aiden was human. And that makes him likable.

I still found his personality annoying, though.

That is certainly understandable.  He was sometimes rash and impulsive.  Not in a completely erratic sort of way, but if he got a "lightning bolt" of an idea, he would jump and put it into motion, for good, or for ill.  So I can understand not liking him after you put it that way. 

That, and he's probably the main reason why people sometimes describe the Jade Falcons as lucky munchkins.  I'm still a fan, but I couldn't deny that.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Register