Author Topic: Crowley's Cavaliers Vs TOTAL CHOAS (Update 14/05/16)  (Read 37077 times)

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: Crowley's Cavaliers Vs TOTAL CHOAS (Update 02/01/13)
« Reply #60 on: 16 February 2013, 18:32:47 »
I think i'll veto your veto!

I do worry to think what you'll do to us when things start getting hairy

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #61 on: 16 February 2013, 18:53:06 »
I won't pull out the nuke rules

yet.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Cambo

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 17 February 2013, 03:57:42 »
ahhh yes... M.A.D. depends on the assumption that the opposite side is sane.. :D

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #63 on: 22 February 2013, 13:20:26 »
Congrats on the step up to ModDom Nagle.

Pete we best start throwing some games keep him on side.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #64 on: 17 July 2013, 18:25:32 »
So we finally got the next game in tonight.  I wrote a SAR track, which I'll detail here, and let Mark post the batrep befor eI comment further:

Search and Rescue

"Leave no man behind? it sounds great when the generals say it on HV, but they're never the ones wading neck-deep in swamp water looking for some poor bastard who's probably dead or captured"
--Sergeant Adam Weston, AFFS (retired)

Warchest Points: 75

Setup

The attacker force is 75% of the defender's

Lay out a minimum of 4 map sheets. Designate one map edge as the attacker's edge, the other as the defender's.

Before the game begins, the attacker secretly selects 4 hexes on the maps adjacent to the defender's edge. At least 3 of the hexes must be in the map half closest to the defender's edge.

At the end of the movement phase in which an attacker unit first ends its movement in one of the designated hexes, roll a D6 to attempt to locate the downed pilot. In the first hex, he's located on a roll of 5+; in the second, 4+; in the third, 3+. If he isn't located by now, he is automatically in the fourth hex.

When the pilot is located, he is represented by a one-man foot infantry platoon with no weapons. The platoon counts as a small target (+1) to-hit, and has basic stealth.

Options:

how many of them are there? [+50 WP] (defender only) the attacker has 100% of the defender's forces.

It's a trap! [+50 WP] (attacker only) the defender gets an additional 10% of troops, which may deploy hidden.

Looks like rain [+25 WP] roll on the random weather table.

Objectives
Get our guy out! [50 WP]: (attacker only) successfully carry the rescued pilot off the attacker's home edge.
Hold the line [50 WP]: (defender only) prevent the attacker from rescuing the downed pilot
Bloody their nose! [25 WP]: destroy or cripple 25% of the enemy force

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #65 on: 18 July 2013, 03:43:47 »
Hullo All.
It has been a while. It was great to get back into Total Chaos after the hiatus.

And what a fun game it was to break back into with.
Cheers Lorcan, Pete and Carter for a great evening.
I'll doodle up a report today.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Crowley's Cavaliers Vs TOTAL CHOAS (Update Game 10)
« Reply #66 on: 19 July 2013, 07:07:21 »
So with a Marik force spotted off coming towards the Airfield. Lt. Hall Gets to take out a lance to deter an attack. 
For the unit we select  my Nightsky for Command.  The griffin to support at range and back up the Nightsky.
And the Barghest and Marauder for a bit of punch.

The Marik forces consisted of
Toyama TYM-1A 3/4
Wraith TR1       4/5
Maxim X 2       4/5

Turn 1
The Marik force seem surprised to be met on the field and seeing themselves out weighed quickly spread  out.
A display of long range firepower.

Turn 2
The Marauder pings the Toyama while the Nightsky takes fire from the Toyama. Our plan is to quickly overwhelm the Toyama then hunt down the other units.

Turn 3
The Cavaliers push forward.  The Nightsky and Wraith ping each other with minor Damage. The Tanks push forward in what appears to be a flanking attempt. The rest of the fire misses with all shots from the Marauder only just missing. This begins a trend for the game with the Marauder.

Turn 4
The Nightsky and Griffin move against the Maxim which gets supported by the Wraith.
Nightsky misses the tank due to a skid.
The Tank attempts to find Vogt but he's not in these woods.
The Griffin and Wraith exchange fire with the Griffin coming off worse.
Thankfully the Barghest reached out and connects against the Wraith with its Heavy Gauss. Lorcan shakes off the Hit.
The Marauder just misses the Toyama again. But the Toyama lasses out with a full spread against the Marauder. It stays on its feet.

Turn 5
The Cavaliers heavy's move against the Toyama. Blasting away trees and Turf. The Marauder again just not good enough to connect. The Toyama spreads its fire all across the Marauder again tearing anther 3 tons of armor off the mech.
The Nightskys fire causes motive damage to the Maxim. Unfortunately the kick sails over the Turret.
The other Maxim preforms it own search for Vogt but comes up empty.
The Wraith moves to assist the Toyama.

Turn 6
The second Maxim falls back to look for Vogt. It's successful but  the Marauder had moved to engage it Since it can't see the Toyama. The PPC destroys the airskirt.
Over the other side the Barghest removes the Toyamas LB-x taking a smacking in return. But in its eagerness to engage the Toyama the Barghest becomes the victim of a Wraith rear attack. Plus lasers connect to the Right torso detonating the Heavy Gauss.
The Nightsky continues to chase the Maxim. Its fire goes wide due to heat issues. But the Kick opens up the Rear compartment.
The Griffin bringing up the rear proves ineffective with its fire.
Now while the Toyama has been smacking the crap out of mechs it come at quite the cost. Heat fails to detonate the Ammo. But the mech does shutdown.

Turn 7
The Toyama stands as the Left arm is sheared off by the Cavaliers Mediums. Not wanting to be left out the Wraith looses its left arm to the Marauder who has fallen back to intercept the hovertank. It does connect with its return fire opening the Marauders Right arm.

Turn 8
The Toyama comes back on line and move towards the Marauder. The Nightsky lands behind firing as the Toyama uses all its grace to avoid the shots. The kick however mashes the right leg. The Wraith misses with its remaining laser.
The still Mobile Maxim gets shot at by the Marauder taking out a stabilizer. The return fire against the Marauder scatters across it. As Vogt gets into his tank.

Turn 9
Now to to this point our Brave Cavaliers had only won initiative in round 1. Since then Lorcan & Carter had been scoring 10's at least for the roles. And the one time we rolled 10 he managed a 12.
Imagine our joy as his dice stopped on a total of 5. Then imagine our Rage.

Carters Toyama makes a break for it. The Nightsky follows craving off Armor. And with a Mighty crunch the right leg takes anther kick putting him out of the fight.
The Marauder worries the Wraith while the still moving Maxim uses the hills for cover.

Turn 10
Whats this the Cavaliers win initiative. Hi fives all around.
Now pretty much alone against the three enemy mechs the Wraith attempts to put itself between them and the Maxim.
it takes fire from the Nightsky while throwing its remaining Large Pulse at the Marauder. Which penetrates and takes out the mechs LB-X.
The Griffin did pull the trigger this turn but proved as effective as he's been all game.

Turn 11
The Wraith Jumps behind the Marauder hoping for a spot of safety.  Maxim attempts to make a dash for it. But its slower speed leaves it exposed on the hillside. Our Marauder makes the most out of the shot and slags the Tank. . Vogt makes the role to survive the destruction of the tank.
Even as the Nightsky chases down the Wraith got to love TSM. The Wraith gets put down hard with a full Volley and Kick for good meassure.

Aftermath
We agreed to let Lorcan place Scuttling Charges in the "Marik" units. Only the remaining Maxim detonates.
The mechs fail to go boom. We're quite happy with that as we might neec to replace a Barghest.
Lorcan then points out that he's not been concise with Salvage options and decrees that the Steiner forces on Planet take the two mechs. "BOOO!"

Since we did not know that the "Marik" force where there to extract someone we chose not to actively hunt down Vogt. Which is why we concentrated on the mechs from the start and engaged the tanks when the opportunity arose. I felt we gave him a fair shake at escaping.

It was great to get back into this. Its been a while since I Bteched. So it was a welcome return and it was an amusing game to come back to. The Lack of Initiative hurt us letting the Wraith play silly bugger with us as we just couldn't lock him down.
It was a tougher scrap than it should have been. The Toyama did really well with its firepower. I never thought I'd have to run away from one of them ever.

I've also noted something from rereading the thread to get back in the Mindset. I hardly ever use the Nightskys Axe. Preferring to kick my targets instead. So I'm going to have to start using Can opener properly. Or replace the Axe with something else. Anyone have suggestions?

Wildonion

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm just a few onions short of a patch.
« Reply #67 on: 19 July 2013, 08:52:38 »
I've been so excited for the return of these battle reports and I was not disappointed. Good story, good pics, and good game! A shame about the Barghest, though.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #68 on: 19 July 2013, 09:15:25 »
It was. But the way its been suffering it had to happen eventually.

Althou after going back over the rules we might still be able to salvage it as it had some points left in the CT IS.
So we'll get Keith back out into the Field getting shot real soon.
The real kicker is that we have a Toyama painted up in the Unit colours so it would have been an ideal replacement.  8)

Glad you enjoyed the report. It feels good to be back In the Sphere doing "Good Work!" again. :)

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #69 on: 19 July 2013, 09:24:23 »
I've been so excited for the return of these battle reports and I was not disappointed. Good story, good pics, and good game! A shame about the Barghest, though.

Not from my point of view! 

This was a hugely enjoyable game, full of twists and turns, a real interesting game of manouvre, with the maxims, wraith and nightsky darting around the board while the Toyama, Barghest and Marauder milled around for the most part.  Some truly brutal damage - mauling the Marauder and killing the Barghest was a great personal victory.

NEXT TIME: The "Marik" troops send out a forlorn hope unit to hold the Cavaliers and Steiner defenders at bay while the bulk of their forces break for orbit.

Wildonion

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm just a few onions short of a patch.
« Reply #70 on: 04 February 2014, 23:38:39 »
So... what happens next? Sorry, I just really enjoyed your campaign and was hoping for the next installment!

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #71 on: 05 February 2014, 04:43:12 »
We haven't played another campaign game yet, unfortunately. 

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #72 on: 07 February 2014, 10:11:33 »
Has it been over six months.
We keep talking about restarting it.  Just all scattered to the wind at the moment.
Most of the games we've played over the last few months have been one on ones.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2014, 10:14:44 by markhall »

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #73 on: 03 June 2014, 11:18:59 »
More please?  :)
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #74 on: 03 June 2014, 15:06:55 »
Ah, yes.  See, Mark's laptop upon which the spreadheets tracking the Caviliers' status died ages ago, and it's been sitting in my house, waiting for me to pop the hard drive into an enclosure and see if we can get at the data.  Sorry!

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #75 on: 19 July 2014, 06:20:31 »
That and we just got a little busy in the real world. But we shall return. Eventually, Probably, Hopefully.
I want to finish the book or have the unit killed trying.

Right time to set a date for a return lads.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #76 on: 14 March 2016, 15:28:44 »
I believe we have finally set a date for Series 2!

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: Crowley's Cavaliers Vs TOTAL CHOAS (Update 02/04/16)
« Reply #77 on: 02 April 2016, 18:16:18 »
Game on for Tuesday!

Shu-Lin Networking R&D Centre
Outside Weihawei
Tsingtao, Capellan confederation
27th June 3068

"And just what the hell is going on here?" Baxter Lin, head of security for Shu-Lin Networking couldn't believe what he was seeing - A pair of tanks, flanked by two BattleMechs had pulled up right in front of his building's front door.  He could see more 'mechs and tanks coming to a halt in the open ground between the facility and the nearby forests.  As he gaped, a hatch opened on one of the tank's turrets, while the head of a BattleMech split apart and a MechWarrior stood up in the opening.

In a few seconds, a man and a woman were standing in front of him.  She was in head-to-toe combat gear.  Green jumpsuit with a heavy jacket and padding over the top, plus a helmet which she was just removing to reveal tight dark hair underneath.  He was clearly the MechWarrior of the pair, wearing a light grey jumpsuit unzipped, revealing the bulky cooling vest underneath.

"Are you in charge here?" She asked.
"I'm Baxter Lin, head of security here.  What's going on?"
"Sang-Wei Lu Wen Chan, Planetary Guard." As she saluted, Lin noticed the silver bar with a blue triangle which donated company command in the CCAF on her collar. "This is Lieutanant Stark Renholm, a mercenary commander attched to my unit," indicating the Mechwarrior.  He nodded curtly. "I hate to be rude, but I do need to know if you're in charge or if there's someone else I need to talk to? Time may be of the essence."
"I'm the most senior person on-site today." He replied, it was a Saturday by the Terran calendar and there were very few people around. "The news said the Davions were nowhere near this area, so we've been working as normal."
"That's changed as of eight hours ago.  A small force has detached and appears to be moving in this direction, so we're setting up a defensive position here."
"But why here?" Lin asked, "what's so important about our facility?  I mean, we do research but it's nothing major.  There are no military applications."
"We don't think they're looking to hit the building, but it's on their path of advance and the terrain here is amenable to an ambush.  Hopefully we'll have time to prepare hidden positions before they get here. At this point I have to advise you to evacuate all non-essential personnel.  If you have cafeteria staff I'd appreciate if they can stick around long enough to cook my people a meal. If they do so I can detail a hovercraft to get them to safety before the enemy arrives."
"Yes, Yes.  Of course." He began to reach for the radio clipped to a chest pocket. "Please excuse me, I'll begin to make preparations."
"I'm authorised to pass on the appreciation of the Duke and Governor for your assistance.  And my personal thanks may not count for much, but I add them for what they're worth".

The three people turned around to give their subordinates commands.  Infantry began to dismount from their vehicles and swarm into the compound as Lin ran back up the steps and Lu steped through the gate to direct her lance commanders.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2016, 18:20:31 by Lorcan Nagle »

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #78 on: 04 April 2016, 17:42:45 »
Outback
25th June 3068

“Oh man! It feels like we’ve been on that ship for Years!”
Derek Kerr moaned as he stretched his arms wide.
“I know!” Came Andrew's reply a few feet ahead of him on the dropships gangplank. From where  two mechwarriors stood waiting on the call to mount their mechs for departure.
The IIllican Lancers staging area was buzzing with activity as people, trucks and tanks all moved about getting ready to begin the fight. Derek recognised some of the Cavalier units in amongst the crowd.
“ You know what I missed most. Had to be the sky. It may not be my Sky. But I sure am glad to see it!”
“ The sky? Not Gravity?  Well I am sure we will have plenty of time to enjoy it as we mop up after the Lancers.”  Derek retorted. “Not sure clean up is a better duty than the last year of garrison. But it feels good to at least be chasing someone. Rather than waiting to be chased.”
As he fastened his cooling vest one of the Cavaliers Badgers covered with a squad of Grey death infantry suits dropped off. The red and black colors marked it as Major David “Doc” Huysmans suit.
His external speakers turned on “All right ye Saps!  Can I ask why you’re standing about instead of getting in your big tin cans?”
The two mechwarriors looked at each other.
Derek answered first.” Eh! Roster says we’re last ones off the boat!”
“Not any more Chief!” Derek could picture Docs grin as he said the word.
“What’s going on?”
The suits arm gestured
“ No more rear guard for you two.We got a side quest to complete. I’m calling the shots. But you’ll be under Hall's guidance. Suit up and report to him when you’re active.”
“We’re doing something before giving the Lancers first crack?” Andrew asked.
“Look some Davion mucky muck wants us to get something for him before the other Davion mucky mucks!”
The suit leaned in. “Would  you rather wait here for something to happen? Or are you happy to oblige them?”

“Not a hope! Merely curious”
The second Badger began down the ramp stopping beside them And Doc’s large mechanized fist grabbed the hand hold as he put a foot onto the side.
“Then suit up and lets see if your big lad can keep up with us PBI’s”  The Badger pulled off again.

“So..” queried  Derek “What do you think we’re after?”
Andrew thought hard for a few seconds.
“It’s gotto be some lost family heirloom.”
“Really. Something as mundane as treasure?”
Andrew smiled as he started to make his way inside.
“I never said it belonged to their family.”

So the game for tomorrow is GOLDEN GOOSE:
And the portion of our forces in use are.
Mechs
Spector
Nightsky
Thunderbolt 
Marauder
Phoenix Hawk
Griffin

Support
Badgers X 2
Maxim X 2
4 Battle armour squads.

And we shall be using the options of
-Mines
-Electromagnetic Interference (EMI):

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #79 on: 11 April 2016, 16:01:24 »
It makes me happy to see activity in this thread again. I look forward to the updates.
Demo Agent #715

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #80 on: 11 April 2016, 16:34:25 »
Battle Report should be up soon, it was... horrific.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #81 on: 11 April 2016, 16:35:37 »
I need to do a better job reporting our Total Chaos journey. Our last game started with me head capping one of the commanders for his second game in a row lol.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2016, 16:43:09 by faithless »
Demo Agent #715

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #82 on: 13 April 2016, 04:20:03 »
Ouch.

Please say you allow edge points?

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #83 on: 13 April 2016, 09:10:04 »
I have not, but I have been considering it. He did end up with a black knight as salvage and replaced his unlucky swayback. So, he was not as upset afterwards.
Demo Agent #715

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #84 on: 22 April 2016, 16:51:51 »
Due to Baby Brian. I totally thought I had posted this report already. Turns out I was mistaken. So here's what I can piece together form the evening as I can't locate the original draft.

Shu-Lin Networking R&D Centre
Outside Weihawei
27th June 3068

Incoming Fluff.

Attackers
Spector   SPR-5F   Brian Fanning   4   5
Nightsky   NGS-6T   Mark Hall   3   4
Phoenix Hawk   PXH-3PL   Derek Kerr   5   4
Griffin   GRF-6S   Brian Kenny   4   5
Marauder   MAD-9S   Michelle Howard   3   5
Awesome   AWS-9Q   Andrew Felle   3   4

Sloth Battle Armor   (Standard)
Gray Death Standard Suit   [LRR]
IS Standard Battle Armor   [LRR]
IS Standard Battle Armor   [LRR]
Maxim Heavy Hover Transport   (BA Factory Upgrade) X2
Badger Tracked Transport   Prime X2

Defending forces
Militia:
All 5/6
Copper CPK-19
ForestryMech MOD

Centipede Scout Car (SRM)x4
Vedette Medium Tank (AC2)x2
Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun x2
Bulldog Medium Tank (LRM) x2
SRM Carrier x2)

Blizzard Hover Transport (SRM)x2
Foot SRM platoon x3
Tracked Motorised MG platoon w/Field AC/20 x3
Mercs
All 3/4
Clint CLNT-2-3U
Centurion CN9-D
Hatchetman HCT-5S
Dervish DV-6Mr

Turn 1

Our Cavaliers enter. And spilit into two forces both aiming to reach the Building.  The enemy Mercs set up between the building and our oncoming good guys.  Deciding to play silly Buggers. The Mercs LRM's are armed with Thunder-Augmented. And proceed to rain it down on the Bridge our bigger units are trying to cross.

Turn 2

The enemy Mercs bunch up and continue to first Thunder from the Centurion and Dervish.  The white hexes are the center of a Thunder Aug field. The Marauder reaches out and taps the Dervish with his LB-X on Cluster.
The Badgers brave the minefield. It was a bad choice and one of them takes a half speed motive crit.
We advance. But the Hatchetmans LB cannon making the Maxims very nervous.

Turn 3

We make it into weapons range.
The Knightsky tears strips off the Clint.
Our Badgers attempt to move around the minefields Rather than risk further damage.

Turn4

The Knightskys running hot and manages to blast the Centurion with it's pulse lasers. The Centurion has little hope of hitting thanks to the EMI. After the fire dies down the TSM powered kick removes the Centurions Leg armor.
The Maxim are hunted by the Hatchetman who manages some minor motive crits with it's pulse lasers. Brians Spector moves in for support. But the fire is ineffective thanks to EMI. The kick works out a tad better. And the Hatchetman tumbles to the ground.

Turn 5

The Militia arrive.
The Marauder and Awesome tiptoe through the minefields. And Blast the foolish Dervish who stood still. The Left arm and right LRM disappear.
The Phoenix Hawk takes over harassing the Centurion. Taking the leg off with a swift kick. The return kicks on the Hawk miss and the Clint joins the Centurion on the ground. 

Turn 5

The Militia arrive.
The Marauder and Awesome tiptoe through the minefields. And Blast the foolish Dervish who stood still. The Left arm and right LRM disappear.
The Phoenix Hawk takes over harassing the Centurion. Taking the leg off with a swift kick. The return kicks on the Hawk miss and the Clint joins the Centurion on the ground. 
The Knightsky only manages to remove some of the Clints armor before it goes down.
The Cavalier infantry  leave the relative safety of their transports.

Turn 6

The Copper breaks into a run and charges the Pheonix Hawk. Who blasts through it's torso arm and crits the engine twice. The result is one exploded Copper.
The Knightsky strips armor off an SRM carrier then cocks up the kick and ends up hitting the deck on front of them.
A Hetzer is removed by our Spector.
The Transports pump their limited fire into the downed Centurion.
While the Cavaliers Battle Armour make for the Building with one squad Jumping straight in.
The Militia Infantry respond by bailing out on the far side of the building.
The Bulldogs on the hill get shot by the awesome. But survive the encounter.

Turn 7
The Militia infantry enter the building. And what happens next boils my blood.
So the Highlight of this turn is the Centipedes reaction to the Infantry getting into the building. The form up and all four fire their SRM's at the building. The Building section takes damage and fallout manages to take out the  Battlearmor.
We are aghast.  That they would fire and risk their own people like that.
Our Phoenix Hawk takes one of them down in return.

The Marauder hits the Hetzer and causes an engine crit. Taking it out of the fight.

The Knightsky stands up and bails back into the woods away from the SRM and AC20 armed infantry.
The Dervish takes a future battering leaving it with just it's right arm weapons.
And the Awesome immobilizes the a Bulldog.

Aftermath
This was a nice return. But between new players and a late start. We really didn't give ourselfs time to play this one out properly.  So we have had to schew the results a tad.  At this point in the game most of the Damage to the Cavilers has been caused by Mines or down to falling over. Thanks to the EMI. Meanwhile we where laying waste to the merc mechs. And curb stomping the Militia. It would have taken a lot of bad luck(Ignore the Knightsky falling over) for this to have gone against us.  It just required time to mow through the enemy forces to complete the game. Which was not available to us on this night.

We decided the best thing to do was take the objective of destroying the building. Since the Liao Player(Lorcan) had already done a lot of the work for us. And he had filled it with so much of his own infantry it wasn't really worth ours to try and take it again.
Had they not taken Those Thunder aug. I feel it would have been a very different end run towards the building. But Dammit if they didn't have to cheat to deny us our victory.

Next track will be a homebrewed one. With these Cavaliers trying to get back to their lines.

« Last Edit: 22 April 2016, 17:32:50 by markhall »

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #85 on: 25 April 2016, 09:53:19 »
Cheating? Bah! Typical comment from somebody who doesn't understand the levels of self-sacrifice inspired by the love of the Capellan people for their Chancellor. 

Xin Sheng! Xin Sheng! Xin Sheng!

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #86 on: 26 April 2016, 03:43:50 »
Well they got the Sacrifice part down pat.
Long may that continue.

I will say I have a bit more respect for the SRM Centipede.
For a 20 ton  Hover it packs an considerable punch.

Merwyn

• Sergeant
« Reply #87 on: 03 May 2016, 09:44:44 »
Well, I've finished a week-long read of this very entertaining thread. I can only congratulate Markhall on all his work to photograph and document the games over several years.  O0 Oh, and one of my all-time favorite 'Mechs is the Awesome, so it's a treat to see one repeatedly in action. Here, have a triple dose of PPCs! >:D

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #88 on: 03 May 2016, 12:04:56 »
Well, I've finished a week-long read of this very entertaining thread. I can only congratulate Markhall on all his work to photograph and document the games over several years.  O0 Oh, and one of my all-time favorite 'Mechs is the Awesome, so it's a treat to see one repeatedly in action. Here, have a triple dose of PPCs! >:D

Thanks.
It's been team effort. I really regret going so long between games but hope to get in one solid playa month for the next little while

The Awesome is a nice backbone to our forces.

3? Oh sir you surely jest. We wouldn't be caught with less than 4 of them.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #89 on: 11 May 2016, 01:45:23 »
Outside Weihawei
27th June 3068

There was no subtlety  about the Armour column moving through the hills.  The smaller elements where taking turns to be on point and holding till the slower elements moved past them. And thus the conveyor belt of mechs sprinted along hastily.
They knew they where being chased just didn't know by whom or how many. Mark had radio in a call for support. But they where still several clicks away and they could not take the risk of it being the enemy that located them first.

After the building had been leveled. The Cavaliers forces had routed the Cappellans in short order. Driving off those they couldn't disable with superior firepower. The infantry had laid down arms when the Armour fled. Andrew had told them to be grateful that we where not the vengeful sorts. An imposing statement when it comes from an eighty ton warmachine like the Awesome.

The Cavalier's Battle Armour  searched the building and found their target room a smoldering heap of rubble. The prize lost. Infantry focused on recovering the remains of Docs squad. Only one man had survived. And there was no telling if that would be for long. He was currently in a Maxim which was waiting for the signal to book it to safety.

Why they couldn't have stood down when Doc gave the offer. Mark thought!

They where outclasses and out gunned. Stand down let us take the trinkets and we can all die anther day for our someones else honor!
Was the offer Doc had radioed.

The Merc seemed open to the suggestion.
The Cappie bitch wasn't having it. She must have know about the reinforcements.   And it had cost her over half her armor company which was left  ineffective back at the facility.  And now his forces where trying to make it back to camp before the net closed around them or the pursuers caught up with them. Some days the life of a merc is not worth shit.

For this next track we are using the MISSION: RETREAT track
with the options: +100 Wet Conditions: Roll once on the General Weather Table 3:
Rain (see p. 69, TO) and apply the result to the battlefield.

Now we really will test the sprinting skills of an awesome.

Register