Author Topic: Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy "The Altered Beasts" 3145  (Read 43663 times)

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy "The Altered Beasts" 3145
« Reply #30 on: 19 September 2013, 21:03:22 »
the 15th Assault's Heavy Armor star showed great tenacity against an enemy company composed of two lances worth of militia-grade armor, and a lance of veteran mercenaries, supported by four mechanized infantry platoons. They successfully held the highway against the enemy push, taking 60+% materiel losses in the process. the Galaxy Commander is bringing the star offline for refit, but guarantees them they will retain their position within the galaxy, and that this is not a move to shuffle them to another cluster.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 22 September 2013, 18:43:13 »
Star Colonel Josh Ward and Star Commander Jeff Sradac's heavy stars engaged in combat with republican forces today, shattering a heavy company and taking some choice salvage in the form of a barely damaged Atlas II. The star mourns the passing of Mechwarrior Logan.  until reinforcements are available to reconstitute the armor star, and until a replacement mechwarrior can take Logan's place, his gargoyle will be replaced by a point of Oro tanks from the offline armor star.

Current configuration:
Code: [Select]
Warwolf
Star Colonel Josh Ward
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3], CmdInit[2], Aptitude:Gunnery
Kills[2]/XP[2]

Timberwolf
Mw Katrine Kerensky
Gunnery[1], Piloting[3], Hot Dog
Kills[5]/XP[1]

Timberwolf
Mw Omar
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]
Kills[2]/XP[2]

Gargoyle
Mw Ranier
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]
Kills[3]/XP[3]

Oro(HAG)
Point Commander Yaren
Gunnery[2], Piloting[4]
Kills[6]/XP[2]
Oro
Tc Daniel
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]
Kills[1]/XP[1]
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 29 September 2013, 13:30:54 »
Heavy Binary of the 5th Wolf Sentinels, supported by a point of demolisher ArrowIV, engaged a Republic company, successfully neutralizing or destroying them at a high cost to hardware. the binary will require time to repair and refit, but salvaged assets will be sufficient to restore the binary to operation.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 30 September 2013, 12:36:20 »
Thinking of moving the 15th's artillery/vtol group out to galaxy level, to make room for a mech unit when they get resupplied. Put them under the direction of the Keshik.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 06 October 2013, 02:21:52 »
Star Colonel Josh Ward's reconstituted star saw action against a reinforced company of republic units. They brought Star Captain Odeletta Feng and her Naga for backup, and save for a few escaping helicopters, dominated the enemy.

Omar's Timber Wolf was pounded into scrap by combined fire by the entire republic company. Enough remained that the unit can be reconstituted around the Timber Wolf that the techs were building out of a salvaged 375XL reactor in an earlier battle. Omar himself survived the withering barrage. St Cpt Feng's Naga recieved significant damage at the hands of enemy cavalry helicopters

The Wolf's Inexorable advance continues.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 06 October 2013, 04:04:03 »
Moving the Support Trinary out into the Keshik's domain, the 15th held trials to form a new Heavy Attack trinary to serve as a workhorse unit.

Mechwarrior Katrine Kerensky's recent performance merited consideration, and so she battled two other candidates for the position of Star Captain.

Star Commander Shawn Vickers was eliminated in the first round, and retained his extant rank. His defeat to Katrine in the first round dampened his spirits as he felt it meant that he was unlikely to receive the one mech he truly desired in the pool being used to constitute the trinary, one of the newly built Warwolves.

Katrine and Mechwarrior Chrissy faced off, and the match ended in a tie. a fresh second round, with each pilot taking the other's mech for fairness ended with Katrine claming the rank of Star Captain. Chrissy instead moved into Katrine's old position working beside the Star Colonel.

Josh Ward's Command Trinary: Heavy Star now organized as follows:

Warwolf
Star Colonel Josh Ward
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3], CmdInit[2], Aptitude:Gunnery
Kills[3]/XP[3]

Blood Reaper
Chrissy
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4], Mvr ace, jumping jack
Kills[1]/XP[1]

Timberwolf
Mw Omar
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]
Kills[3]/XP[3]

Gargoyle
Mw Ranier
Gunnery[2], Piloting[4]
Kills[5]/XP[1]

Oro(HAG)
Point Commander Yaren
Gunnery[2], Piloting[4]
Kills[6]/XP[2]
Oro
Tc Daniel
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]
Kills[2]/XP[2]

and Katrine Kerensky's Heavy Attack Trinary:

[Heavy Trinary]
Timber Wolf
Star Captain Katrine Kerensky
Gunnery[1], Piloting[2], Hot Dog
Kills[11]/XP[2]

Timber Wolf
Chris
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Timber Wolf
Muchie
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Gargoyle
Lauren
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Gargoyle
Ellis
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

---

Warwolf
Star Commander Shawn Vickers
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3], Edge3

Timber Wolf
Nail
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Lobo
Greg
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Lobo
Pascal
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Mad Cat III Standard
Tanyu
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

---

Tundra Wolf
Star Commander Charlotte Seles
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Blood Reaper
Siaki
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Blood Reaper
Linda
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Sun Cobra
Nilsa
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Sun Cobra
Bisrat
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]

Much to Shawn's suprise, Katrine let him keep the Warwolf. Though she could clearly make good use of the design, she prefers to remain in a Timber Wolf, since it is the mech she is most intimately familiar with.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 06 October 2013, 15:45:23 »
Elements of the 1st TAC today engaged the Jade Falcons, meeting their mixed binary with a binary of mechs. Losing only one mechwarrior, they took a large amount of isorla, claiming almost the entire binary(minus what they shot off of it) and taking many of the Falcons bondsman. The logic being that if spheroid warriors are worthy of induction into the clan, then falcons, descended of the founders, are worthy of a chance at service.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 15 October 2013, 14:40:43 »
The 23rd Falcon Hussars were shattered by the 15th Wolf Assault. Driving the falcons into a dead end near the remains of a star league era component factory, the Wolf Assault Cluster shattered the falcons, taking numerous mechs in salvage, falcons for bondsmen, and suffering only material losses themselves. Two of those falcons faced were Star Colonel Deborah Mattlov(Died in battle) and Star Commander Holly Hazen(now a wolf bondswoman), both ristar supporters of the chingis khan. Holly is adapting poorly to life amongst clan wolf.

Rescued from service amongst the Falcons, is Casta Wolf, a Lobo pilot. Originally a trueborn warrior of Clan Wolf, he was taken bondsman by Clan Jade Falcon, rose to return to service in his Lobo, and reclaimed today when Point Commander Tammy's Carnivore Assault Tank downed his Lobo. Relieved to be back among his kind, Casta is none-the-less eager to return to piloting, but will need to wait for an opening as his Lobo was not salvagable.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #38 on: 15 October 2013, 19:18:52 »
Sounds like a fun match. I take it the 23rd Hussars are a non-canon creation of yours? If so, I'd be interested in seeing the force listing for that fight, if you have it.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 15 October 2013, 19:26:57 »
Yeah, I haven't put ... well, any effort into them, I just whipped up an opfor and decided they needed a name when I was posting here. I do have the MUL saved, so I can generate a more detailed force listing later. It was a 60 point cluster, mechs and vees. Assault Binary+ Assault Vee Star, Heavy Binary + Heavy Vee Star, Med/Light Binary + Med/Light Vee Star, Lyran Isorla Trinary (mixed  weights).

18 pilots/crews taken bondsperson. 11 Dead. Nearly 50% losses for the Falcons. Highest remaining rank was a star captain.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 29 October 2013, 01:25:45 »
Members of the 3rd Wolf Jaegers and 1st TAC engaged elements of the Jade Falcons in combat, catching the birds in their trap. Five Patron Militia Mechs and a half-strength star of tanks, supported by a star of unarmored infantry managed to blunt the advance of a better equipped, combined arms star.

After the battle, due to battle damage, the 3rd rearranged the security trinary into a binary. the surviving patrons were improved to meet the W3 spec, and reorganized. Their current configuration is as follows:

[Security Binary]

Urbanmech R60
Brevet Star Captain
Star Commander Catarin (Sohlama)
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Patron Millitiamech PTN-3W2
Mw Akihiko (Sohlama)
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]

Patron Millitiamech PTN-3W2
Mw Dobry (Sohlama)
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]

Patron Millitiamech PTN-3W
Mw Tara (Sohlama)
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]

Patron Millitiamech PTN-3W
Mw Abdul (Sohlama)
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]
Kills[1]/xp[1]

---

Infantry Point
Star Commander Mary (Sohlama)
Gunnery[4], Anti-Mech[5]

Infantry Point
Point Commander Atmo (Sohlama)
Gunnery[5], Anti-Mech[6]

Infantry Point
Point Commander Albert (Sohlama)
Gunnery[5], Anti-Mech[6]

Infantry Point
Point Commander Rudolf
Gunnery[5], Anti-Mech[6]

Wasp 1A
Mw Aleksis (Sohlama)
Gunnery[4], Piloting[5]

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #41 on: 29 October 2013, 08:38:23 »
I was wondering if you were going to consider replacing the Clan Demolishers with Carnivores, Heimdalls or perhaps a few Shark Morrigu?

Also, have you thought about including their transport?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 29 October 2013, 13:07:14 »
I have thought about including their transport, but Aerotech stuff is not my strongest suit. I started looking at it for a different unit and it just boggles the mind how anyone effectively moves anything around the inner sphere, with the stated capacities of ships. I'm definitely open to suggestion for transport/aerospace assets, from someone who knows the topic better.

the demolishers that see frontline battle are the more likely to see replacement with a Carnivore or something else like that, but the ones I've got guarding the artillery will probably stay in service unless we get an ArrowIV or LongTom version of the Carnivore. Shared parts, and logistics. Mostly they're there to give people a very good reason not to get too close to the ArrowIV battery.

Really liked how the Carnivore performed in the cluster scale battle I did against the falcons. It has worked its way into the short list of Vees I actually look forward to using.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #43 on: 29 October 2013, 13:11:30 »
Basically I was going to say look at the WCSB as the template for transport but add in the new flavors such as the Isegrim as a naval defense star.  I would also say the TAC just get loaded on cargo dropships.

Give me a bit to ponder and I should have a list.  Expect some IS hulls however.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 29 October 2013, 13:23:42 »
Awesome!

See, I like the Isegrim, I just wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate. Didn't know if they tended to be integrated, or if they would be seperate. Much appreicated.

and yeah, I like the idea of the 1st TAC traveling as Cargo.  :))

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #45 on: 29 October 2013, 14:25:50 »
My read is they are the Wolf assault/PWS ships since warships are now for orbital decoration.  Unless you are a Jade Falcon, then they are guided orbital-to-ground weapons.
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 29 October 2013, 14:29:52 »
I'm certainly not beyond attaching some to the force, if it wouldn't be seen as unreasonable  :D they're one of the few aero units I've outright enjoyed using.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #47 on: 29 October 2013, 15:53:55 »
Can you add up your current transportation needs rather than me scrolling through each post?

Like 140 mechs, 40 vehicle points, 20 elemental points, 10 infantry stars, etc?

Also, I noticed a lot of Elemental suits . . . no Salamander?  Volk?  Bar?
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 29 October 2013, 16:02:38 »
I've got a fair number of Raches, to cover my "Clan Medium BA" needs. I'm a fan of the MG equipped BA.

Salamanders, I figured we probably haven't been making for awhile here. Seemed like we might have lost the capacity in the Jihad.

I'll tally up those figures.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 29 October 2013, 16:22:20 »
All listed by points (1 mech, 5 ba, 2 vees, 2 asf, 25 PBI)

Keshik (15pts)

5 Mech
5 BA
5 ASF

Keshik Support Trinary (Can be Cargo)

2 Mech
13 Vee

----

15th Wolf Assault (75pts)

44 mech
16 Vee
15 BA

---

3rd Wolf Jaegers (72pts of 65 originally)

36 Mech (6 of which can go as cargo)
20 BA
10 Vee
6 PBI

---

5th Wolf Sentinels (75pts)

45 mech (15 of which are fine as cargo)
25 vee
5 PBI

---

1st Technical Administrative Cluster (40pts)

35 mech
5 vee

---

TOTALS

167 Mech
69 Vee
40 BA
11 PBI
5 ASF (Probably more assigned as defense for transport assets?)

I can definitely see parts of the unit, primarily vehicles and infantry, as well as the security forces in industrials/obsoletes, and the whole TAC, being moved as cargo. I can hammer out their weight if need be.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #50 on: 29 October 2013, 16:38:46 »
Probably, and yes it does seem short on ASF from the old typical structure.

So none cargo . . .

132 mechs
69 vehicles or vehicle points?
40 BA points
11 PBI points
and 5 ASF points . . . should be interesting
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #51 on: 29 October 2013, 16:40:38 »
Thats 69 Vee points, not 69 individual vees. Everyone but the TAC is using 2 vees to a point, and the TAC, though I no longer remember why, has 2 halfstrength vee stars, fortunately, that adds up to one vee star for transport purposes.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #52 on: 29 October 2013, 16:45:28 »
Yeah, but since they are getting loaded on the cargo dropships (such as a Jumbo) then it does not matter as long as enough is allocated.

Still working on it, but I pulled some of Epsilon's jumpships and dropships from WCSB.  I will also sort of factor in some extra infantry point space for more techs and medical staff for Trials.

Does your vision for Rho having the whole galaxy being able to be lifted at once like the units we saw in WCSB?  or again, leave the TAC out of immediate JS collars?  or something like only 50% of the drop collars needed are available?
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 29 October 2013, 17:03:54 »
Well, the TAC can be factored seperately, or given inferior transport assets. They're not an original or permanent fixture of Rho Galaxy. I kinda figured if they could be stuffed into a couple of mules or something, and carted along on a merchant or invader... *Shrugs*

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #54 on: 29 October 2013, 17:10:53 »
Lol, I was sort of thinking of . . . 'left behind on planet when the rest of the galaxy redeploys.'
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 29 October 2013, 17:44:36 »
haha, I could see that too. They aren't bad as a defensive force.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 30 October 2013, 00:36:14 »
Katrine Kerensky's star faced a Jade Falcon Assault star, three bondsmen are in the infirmary, and several machines are undergoing the attentions of the technicians. Their attempt to force their way past wolf defenses has been stymied. A Wolf Tomahawk II in falcon possession has made its way home. Katrine's star will have to lay low for awhile, due to the damage inflicted in the process. Mechwarrior Muchie in particular, will not be returning to the cockpit for some time.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 01 November 2013, 18:51:07 »
the 15th Assault's Assault Vehicle star experienced partial failure of mission against a jade falcon nova today. The Carnivores and Aesirs of the star were unable to prevent the Falcon Battle Armor from setting fire to an entire communication post, but they did manage to destroy a Kit Fox, and several Elementals in Clan Battle Armor.

The loss of the communications post is a minor inconvenience, but it leaves a blind spot on approach to wolf territory in the area. further patrols will have to be run in this area.  this partial victory over the wolf has emboldened the falcons and boosted their morale. Fortunately, though they destroyed the communications post, they did not manage to permanently disable any wolf vehicles, however, they will require some repairs.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #58 on: 01 November 2013, 21:02:06 »
Further battle between Ivy Conners' star, and the Falcons. Her wolves ran down a mixed unit, believed to be intended for headhunting. Star Captain Conners took the enemy Star Commander as bondsman, acknowledging her talent at ranged combat.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 05 November 2013, 19:15:17 »
I've decided that the planet that Rho has been operating on is between Mizar and Alioth, and since both of them are characters(though that is not the only use of those names, from some cursory googling) in Roger Zelazny's "Donnerjack" that I shall name this non-canon planet "Deep Fields" after a location in that book.

And, with Deep Fields Secured against both the republic forces who held it, and the Falcons who attempted to wrest it from wolf hands, Rho will be moving on. Leaving behind both the 1st Technical Administrative Cluster, and an (understrength) ad-hoc garrison cluster of isorla and newly graduated bondsmen (still under the watchful eye of wolves). It is entirely possible that the 1st TAC will work with Rho again in the future, but without their own independant transport, it is better for them to hold Rho's gains.

Register