Author Topic: Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy "The Altered Beasts" 3145  (Read 43662 times)

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy "The Altered Beasts" 3145
« Reply #60 on: 02 December 2013, 20:08:01 »
Continuing today's theme of character profiles(I borrowed some of the format from Kojak's character profiles), I give you Star Colonel Josh Ward

Quote from: Wolf Empire Personnel Database
Josh Ward
Decanted: 3113 (32 in 3145)
Affiliation: Clan Wolf (CWF)/Wolf Empire
Home Planet: Weingarten
Mech: Warwolf, Prefers the Alpha Configuration
-Skills-
Gunnery: 2
Piloting: 3
Commander Init: 3
Natural Aptitude: Gunnery

Mechwarrior Profile

Josh Ward of Clan Wolf Commands the 15th Assault Cluster of Rho Galaxy. His life within Clan Wolf has been a fairly typical career for a warrior of his rank and stature. He has always shown great aptitude towards combat and the handling of mechs, but his rise was not the meteoric shot to the top of a bright burning Ristar. He was raised in a mixed bloodline sibko, and trained as many other Wolves were. His sibko class performed well and lost a slightly below average number of candidates to the usual attritions. He graduated his first Trial of Position as a Star Commander by defeating an Ice Ferret and a Blood Reaper, but failed to defeat the Tomahawk that was his third opponent. While his performance was nothing unusual, his honorable conduct in the Trial and after his defeat left those evaluating him favorably disposed to his preferences when they assigned him to duty. Both in his initial posting and in his Trial of Position, Josh was issued a Timber Wolf Omnimech with a long history, dating back to before the Clans of Kerensky returned to the Inner Sphere.

Josh did not spend long as a Star Commander, solid leadership and performance in battle saw him advance in rank, to Star Captain. His performance in a small but bloody campaign against the Hells Horses caught his commander's eye, and he was nominated for a chance at a bloodname. A bloodname he was nearly denied, when hand to hand combat against an elemental nearly eliminated him from the running. Sheer luck saved him in that penultimate round of the Bloodname Tournament, when the Elemental's sheer excitement at the prospect of winning triggered a previously unknown heart defect, causing the Elemental to pass out. With her no longer in any condition to compete, Josh entered the final round of competition and triumphed against a fellow mechwarrior in augmented combat.

Returning victorious to his position in the 15th, his Star Colonel continued to favor Josh, grooming him as a potential replacement one day. His day would come when engaged in hostilities against the Republic of the Sphere his mentor met his end at the hands of a Republic Yu Huang's LBX Autocannon. Present in the heated battle, Josh avenged the fallen Star Colonel and assumed temporary command of the operation, successfully driving the republic forces back and rallying his Wolves. Afterwards, Josh won once more in his Trial of Position and assumed command of the 15th in earnest. His dependable record did not go unnoticed by Khan Alaric Ward, and upon assuming command of the 15th, he was granted a Warwolf, one of the last to be produced in the old Wolf Occupation Zone. As such, Josh's Warwolf was produced with the same Series III OPT Targeting and Tracking, and Khan Series Communication electronics, and not the suites that have been installed to Warwolves built in the Empire.

Star Colonel Josh Ward is well liked by the warriors of the 15th Assault Cluster, though he shares a particular friendship with Star Captain Katrine Kerensky, who pilots his storied old Timber Wolf, and Star Captain Ivy Conners, who was granted her Wulfen at the same time Josh was gifted his Warwolf. The closest thing he has to an enemy within his cluster is Star Captain Martin Carns, who aspires to one day ascend to command of the cluster. His ambitions are held in check by three factors. First, he would have to defeat Josh or wait for Josh to ascend to higher rank. Second, Star Colonel Ward has the support of the armor and infantry aspects of the 15th Assault, while Star Captain Carns is of the opinion that the unit should be of a higher concentration of pure mech formations, and that vehicles only belong in second line units. Thirdly, Star Captain Katrine Kerensky has promised Star Captain Carns that if he deposes Star Colonel Ward by force, she will not wait very long before wresting control from him herself.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 09 December 2013, 17:32:52 »
Worked out the Transport Assets for the 15th Assault Cluster, the largest of the Galaxy's forces:

Code: [Select]
Raw Numbers: 32Vees(16pts), 75ArmInf(15pts)44mech(44pts)
Transports:
Star Lord Jumpship "Sieze The Day" (6 DS, 4 Small Craft (2x Mk VII C) Cargo)
- Hercules Class Dropship "Radiant Eclipse" (16 Vee points, Technicians in Inf Compartment, Cargo)
- Seleucus Infantry Transport "Bat Country" (15 BA Points, Technicians, Cargo)
- Union C Class Dropship "Beast and The Harlot" (15 Mech (KK Trinary), Cargo)
- Union Class (3055) Dropship "Hail to the King" (9 Mech Points, Cargo, Flagship, 2 intg ASF)
- Union Class (3055) Dropship "Shepherd of Fire" (10 Mech Points, Cargo, 2 intg ASF)
- Union Class (3055) Dropship "Almost Easy" (10 Mech Points, Cargo, 2 intg ASF)

Invader (C) Class "Caroline" (3 DS, 2 Small Craft (1x MkVII C) Cargo)
- Mule Class Supply Tender "Wolf Mother" (Cargo)
- Isegrim Class Assault Dropship "Pyramid" (Defense. 2 Sm Craft Bays)
- Carrier Class "Witchcraft" (10 Intg ASF)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 18:12:02 by SteveRestless »
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 09 December 2013, 18:14:12 »
At only 65 Points, the 3rd Wolf Jaegers were easier to cart around. The two Assault Triumph dropships were won as Isorla from former Republic forces, and vastly simplify moving the 3rd around, allowing the Infantry assets to move with their movers. They also carry the transport defense fighters for the 3rd.

Invader (C) PPC "Gish" (3 Dropships, Cargo)
- Union (3055) "Zero" (10 Mechs, Cargo)
- Assault Triumph (3082) "Shattered Sphere" (10 mechs, 10 BA Points, 10 Vees, 6 intg ASF)
- Isegrim "Rhinoceros"

Invader (C) "Siamese Dream" (3 Dropships, Cargo)
- Union (C) "Doomsday Clock" (15 Mechs, Cargo)
- Assault Triumph (3082) "Gravel" (5 mechs, 10 BA Points, 10 Vees, 5 Inf Platoons as Cargo, 6 intg ASF)
- Mule "Tarantula" (Cargo)

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 09 December 2013, 18:38:29 »
The 5th Sentinels

Invader "Demonoid Phenomenon"
- Lion (WD Mod) "Superbeast" (Heavy Trinary, Cargo)
- Union (2708) "Dragula" (Light Trinary 2x Intg ASF)
- Mule (Cargo) "Spookshow Baby"

Invader "Demon Speeding"
- Lion (WD Mod) "Iron Head" (Assault Trinary, Cargo)
- Hercules "Devil's Rejects" (Vees, Sec Trinary as Cargo)
- Carrier "Lords of Salem" (10x Intg ASF)4

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #64 on: 09 December 2013, 21:39:51 »
Thought I had put up my thoughts, have to find it . . . I was using some of the Invasion era ships when possible.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 09 December 2013, 22:09:45 »
I could still be convinced to change it. I just figured you forgot and didn't wanna nag.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #66 on: 10 December 2013, 19:01:07 »
I'm surprised you don't use the Tramp-class instead of the Invader (C).

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 10 December 2013, 23:03:25 »
I'm surprised you don't use the Tramp-class instead of the Invader (C).

TT

anything strange about my picks just highlights how little i know about the aero side. I am certainly open to suggestions as to why something would be more appropriate.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #68 on: 10 December 2013, 23:44:40 »
- Invader (C) depending on which varaint, 2x ER PPC or ERL, 524-8 cargo ( Adding 2 more for clantech weight to cargo for clan )
or
- Tramp (SL), also it can be upgraded to clantech weapons not just SL. 8x ERL, 12 AMS, 2851 cargo ( Clan version adds more AMS ammo and 8 more cargo )

Both carry 3 dropper nd 2x Smallcraft.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #69 on: 11 December 2013, 14:56:57 »
Huh, I like the looks of the tramp, but I know nothing of availabilities... would one be more likely than the other?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 11 December 2013, 18:14:41 »
The Tramp is 98,000 tons heavier than the Invader, carries the same droppers, better armed and slightly less armoured. But can carry internally more cargo. + side is the clans do use them w/ and w/o LF-battery. Born on date is mid-2754, so either pre-Exodus or post-invasion.

But yeah I'd go with the Tramp (C). Also if your clan wants to, they can produce both this and the Star Lord, as both share almost same parts.

Personally I'd look into a Comitatus to add to your fleet.

Say the Star Lord, multiple Tramps and a Comitatus.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #71 on: 11 December 2013, 18:21:33 »
This is what I had after looking at the WCSB-

Rho Naval Defense Star
3 Isegrim
Merlin
Nagasawa

Jumpships
Comitatus   (1 DS, 2 stars ASF, 5 SmallC, star of Elementals)

Hell's Bells   Star Lord   (6 DS, 2 Small C)
   previously assigned Beta Galaxy, 3rd Battle Cluster

Endeavor           Invader      (3 DS, 2 SmallC)
Effort      Invader
Worthy      Invader
Pup Den      Monolith   (9 DS)
   previously assigned Epsilon Galaxy

I think this covers all the DS needs and if you look at WCSB they have a LOT of Invaders.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #72 on: 14 December 2013, 15:14:29 »
did you have dropships picked out too Colt?

Now that I'm feeling better, I'm looking at this and it looks pretty good.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #73 on: 14 December 2013, 16:47:36 »
Some, still trying to make sure I have all your points loaded as well as tracing where they came from- not just plucking a old WCSB's transport but rather reassignments while integrating some Revival captured IS, raiding captured IS, Sea Fox purchase and Horse captures.  I figure a Outpost has to show up somewhere if you are willing.
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 14 December 2013, 18:37:42 »
If you think its plausible, sure!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #75 on: 17 December 2013, 14:00:53 »
Current Status of CWF Rho Galaxy:

http://pastebin.com/KQmniNEu

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #76 on: 18 December 2013, 16:46:07 »
Elements of Rho Galaxy arrived on Solaris VII today, and were immediately tasked with engaging the Clan Sea Fox delegation who had come to trial for possession of one of the Solaris Arenas, and the rights to operate and broadcast all matches fought in that arena.

Star Commander Jonathan Demos' star fought on behalf of the Wolves, and it was a brutal match that left barely a machine from either side operational. Clan Wolf defended its hold on the arena, emerging victorious over the Sea Fox forces. However, it was not that Clan Wolf was not willing to make a deal. They were willing to do business, and grant the sea foxes an arena, but in return for favorable rates in purchasing equipment.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #77 on: 18 December 2013, 17:17:33 »
the 15th Assault's Heavy Trinary, Beta Star will be reconstituted as such, with the thanks of the High Command for their service:

Warwolf
Star Commander Jonathan Demos
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3], Sniper

Warwolf
Nail
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Savage Wolf
Greg
Gunnery[2], Piloting[3]

Mad Cat Mk III 2
Pascal
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

Mad Cat III Standard
Tanyu
Gunnery[3], Piloting[4]

and the deal reached with the sea foxes:

Clan Sea Fox is granted the Vedawoo Arena and attendant facilities as an enclave on Solaris VII for a 5 year period. Additionally, Clan Sea Fox is granted provisional access to the other mech arenas on Solaris VII. Clan Sea Fox is granted the non-exclusive right to international distribution of fights conducted on Solaris VII, with a portion of profits to be returned to Clan Wolf for the upkeep of Solaris VII, and enhancement of the Wolf Touman. Additionally, Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy, as the victors of the trial, and Clan Wolf forces doing business with Clan Sea Fox on Solaris, are granted Preferred Trade Status with Clan Sea Fox.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #78 on: 18 December 2013, 17:18:13 »
Elements of Rho Galaxy arrived on Solaris VII today, and were immediately tasked with engaging the Clan Sea Fox delegation who had come to trial for possession of one of the Solaris Arenas, and the rights to operate and broadcast all matches fought in that arena.

Star Commander Jonathan Demos' star fought on behalf of the Wolves, and it was a brutal match that left barely a machine from either side operational. Clan Wolf defended its hold on the arena, emerging victorious over the Sea Fox forces. However, it was not that Clan Wolf was not willing to make a deal. They were willing to do business, and grant the sea foxes an arena, but in return for favorable rates in purchasing equipment.

Ah, very nice resolution to the "What's going on with Imperial Solaris" question that seems to be plaguing the boards these days.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 18 December 2013, 17:37:04 »
only applicable to the Foxx/Restlessverse, but I liked my fight against Kitsune for Wolf Thread Naming Rights, so I made it part of my game.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #80 on: 18 December 2013, 18:13:40 »
it was a pretty epic finish. Enough so i didn't feel encouraged to pull shenanigans.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 18 December 2013, 18:14:31 »
for which I'm glad, cause I dont know how we would have worked in "suddenly some bears show up on solaris"

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #82 on: 18 December 2013, 18:55:03 »
Same way everybody reacts when bears show up, screaming, running,fires?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #83 on: 18 December 2013, 20:33:16 »
Yeah. With my inexperience with megamek I was mostly focused on not shaming myself to death. I'm very proud of my units showing.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #84 on: 18 December 2013, 20:36:19 »
You did good!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #85 on: 20 December 2013, 20:24:41 »
Hmm, I would not mind a 3065 Trial of Possession against a wandering Diamond Shark merchant group as my mercs . . . it would give you more MM play!
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #86 on: 22 December 2013, 15:18:53 »
Mechwarrior Linda's attempt at earning a Kerensky bloodname fell short as she was defeated in the second round of combat. she triumphed over a Guillotine IIc, but her Blood Reaper fell to a Lobo in the caverns of Ishyama as she was caught attempting to cross a submerged section of the arena. Though she legged her opponent, he flooded her reactor and ended her ambitions of a bloodname. She has vowed to return and compete in the grand melee when the next opportunity arises.

Intramural exercises within the 15th have kept the rest of the cluster entertained while they await the return of the trinary who traveled to solaris, and their next posting. Star Colonel Ward's Star has been exceptionally successful in these games, falling only to the far heavier guns of Star Captain Martin Carns' star of assaults.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #87 on: 22 December 2013, 17:45:40 »
Hmm, I would not mind a 3065 Trial of Possession against a wandering Diamond Shark merchant group as my mercs . . . it would give you more MM play!

Sure thing. :)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #88 on: 26 December 2013, 17:39:10 »
Star Captain Katrine Kerensky has triumphed in a trial against a fellow wolf warrior on solaris for project time, personnel and materials. This project is to have VEST personnel on Solaris construct a pair of Timber Wolf Omnimechs for Rho Galaxy to use, out of Salvaged 375XL engines they brought to solaris. Since taking solaris, the VEST engineers and technicians have been inducted to Clan Wolf as a special projects team, providing custom mech work for those who earn, win, or are granted the privilege. The Timber Wolf is a favorite of Rho Galaxy's 15th Assault Cluster, and two additional units will surely find a home in the galaxy. Katrine herself pilots a Timber Wolf that can be traced back to before operation Revival.

The Timber Wolves being constructed will incorporate modern electronics and systems, but will follow the classic Timber Wolf template in use since the homeworlds. From the Sea Foxes on planet, Rho Galaxy will be purchasing the electronics employed on the Timber Wolf's descendant, the Savage Wolf (themselves improved versions of the comm and targeting systems used on the original). 

VEST Engineers estimate three weeks for the project to be completed from available stores.  Katrine's trinary will just have to find some way to amuse themselves on the game world until that time.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 26 December 2013, 18:01:33 »
And what the heck, have another bio!

Quote from: Wolf Empire Personnel Database
Katrine Kerensky
Decanted: 3118 (27 in 3145)
Affiliation: Clan Wolf (CWF)/Wolf Empire
Home Planet: Weingarten
Mech: Timber Wolf, Favors the Alpha Configuration
-Skills-
Gunnery: 1
Piloting: 2
Hot Dog

Mechwarrior Profile

Star Captain Katrine Kerensky commands a Heavy Trinary within the 15th Assault Cluster.  She is content at the rank of Star Captain and has little ambition to rise above that rank if she can avoid it. The way Katrine figures, Star Captain is the perfect balance of command and prestige, she leads a pure mech trinary of 14 other warriors, and is not burdened with excessive responsibility. She is in the perfect position to command respect AND engage the enemy. Her chief ambition is to enage the enemies of clan wolf in combat, and has no desire to be pulled into the undertow of politics that plague the higher ranks within the clan. This lack of leadership ambition is attributed to the rumored "weakening" of the Kerensky bloodline, though few will say this to Katrine's own face lest they face her in a Trial of Grievance.

Though her first trial of position qualified her for star command, her first posting was an unusual arrangement. Believing her to be too impulsive to be trusted with a command alone, she was attached as second in command of a trinary next to a warrior due to retire soon. It was hoped that his experience could be transferred to her, and that her impulsiveness would be tempered by the association.  Frustrated at testing out thusly, but not being trusted with even a star to command, Katrine's anger worsened her impulsiveness, and nearly saw her designated dezgra and transferred to a less important post. Her anger issues with what she saw as unjust treatment saw her officially busted down to mechwarrior until the fires of combat against the Jade Falcons and Hells Horses tempered her, forging her into a less tempestuous warrior. She did her time, and completing the posting, was promoted to Rho Galaxy's 15th Assault Cluster, in Star Colonel Josh Ward's Star.

Josh Ward saw the remaining fire that lurked within her, and he fed it carefully, kindling her hunger for combat, and entrusting her with duties that surpassed what a mechwarrior, sometimes beyond what even a star captain would be trusted with. Eventually, the opportunity arose to grant her the trinary command she always sought, and her trial of position saw this dream realized. Katrine was allowed to build a heavy trinary for the 15th Assault. Offered a Warwolf as a reward for her performance and growth, Katrine was too fond of the Timber Wolf she piloted, itsself a gift from Star Colonel Ward, and with quite a history behind it. The Warwolf she passed on to the promising commander of her second star, Jonathan Demos.

Katrine's lack of ambition also influenced the acquisition of her bloodname. Unable to convince any of her bloodhouse to sponsor her for a name, she resorted to entry by way of the Grand Melee. Against all odds, or perhaps through the luck and skill she has always shown, Katrine survived the Grand Melee, the only mech able to limp away from the catastrophic frenzy. Most of her victories on the way to claiming her bloodname were non-fatal, though she seemed not to have a strong preference as long as she was victorious.

Star Captain Katrine Kerensky is proof that while the Kerensky Bloodline may have fallen from its prestigious heights, its individual warriors should not be underestimated.