Author Topic: Solaris Skunk Werks and Me -- Volume the Second  (Read 96597 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks and Me -- Volume the Second
« Reply #60 on: 26 October 2013, 19:42:48 »
Hm...just downloaded the newest (0.6.83) and noticed the years for Dark Age era don't work. It says "3086 on" but if you type 3087 or a later date it says "The year does not fall within this era."

Anyway keep up the great work guys!  O0

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #61 on: 30 October 2013, 02:55:45 »
What is this?  I even deleted index files:

Code: [Select]
C:\*Cougar.ssw
Premature end of file.

C:\*Dasher (Fire Moth).ssw
XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

*I cut out the directory tree
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

atlask

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 31 October 2013, 13:20:02 »
There is some sort of issue with HarJel III: basically, SSW won't let you add more than one to a unit. Obviously, that's incorrect.

Found a work around.. picking HarJel III last & selecting how many to add.. for some strange reason works..
Catalyst Demo Agent #881, Tulsa, OK

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #63 on: 31 October 2013, 16:33:44 »
Hey, I just noticed, but the Right Leg no longer has any IS at any time it's looked at for armor values. Did I break my copy or is this happening to others?
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #64 on: 01 November 2013, 10:53:26 »
Hey, I just noticed, but the Right Leg no longer has any IS at any time it's looked at for armor values. Did I break my copy or is this happening to others?

Happening to everyone. :(   It's just a display error caused by my working on adding a center leg for tripods.  Fixing in my dev now.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #65 on: 01 November 2013, 10:58:46 »
Hm...just downloaded the newest (0.6.83) and noticed the years for Dark Age era don't work. It says "3086 on" but if you type 3087 or a later date it says "The year does not fall within this era."

Ah, look at that...another place that has years typed in.   Fixing in dev.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #66 on: 01 November 2013, 11:00:19 »
What is this?  I even deleted index files:

Code: [Select]
C:\*Cougar.ssw
Premature end of file.

C:\*Dasher (Fire Moth).ssw
XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

*I cut out the directory tree

That usually means that the files themselves have issues.  Can you email me those two files so I can take a look at the XML? (skyhigh at solarisskunkwerks.com).  Did you happen to modify these 'mechs at all?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #67 on: 01 November 2013, 12:58:00 »
That usually means that the files themselves have issues.  Can you email me those two files so I can take a look at the XML? (skyhigh at solarisskunkwerks.com).  Did you happen to modify these 'mechs at all?

I did not modify them.  I just downloaded the most recent files, then the most recent SSW version, placed it in a new folder, changed the directory, and got that result.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #68 on: 03 November 2013, 22:42:33 »
Does SSK allow for Laser Heat Sinks to be in the engine, like 10 of them?  TRO:3145 The Clans seems to show the record sheet for the Gyrfalcon (standard model) not having any Laser Heat Sinks in its crit areas. Yet it says the 'Mech has 11 of them.  I can't tell if the Gyrfalcon record sheet was wrong to begin with or not.  I suspect it is, but I'm not too sure with these newer equipment like the Laser Heat Sinks.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2013, 22:48:39 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #69 on: 04 November 2013, 01:08:27 »
any idea when we'll be able to work on Tripods? I could care less for the Superheavies

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #70 on: 04 November 2013, 02:34:50 »
any idea when we'll be able to work on Tripods? I could care less for the Superheavies

You already can. Check the Movement Type dropdown menu on the left-hand side.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #71 on: 04 November 2013, 02:50:58 »
It wont let me work on the CL either to add armor or to place equipment.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #72 on: 04 November 2013, 02:54:31 »
It wont let me work on the CL either to add armor or to place equipment.

Well, it's not perfect.  :))

In all seriousness, though, I had not noticed that, just seen the menu option earlier. My bad.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #73 on: 04 November 2013, 04:13:43 »
Does SSK allow for Laser Heat Sinks to be in the engine, like 10 of them?  TRO:3145 The Clans seems to show the record sheet for the Gyrfalcon (standard model) not having any Laser Heat Sinks in its crit areas. Yet it says the 'Mech has 11 of them.  I can't tell if the Gyrfalcon record sheet was wrong to begin with or not.  I suspect it is, but I'm not too sure with these newer equipment like the Laser Heat Sinks.

The Gyrfalcon has a 275 rated engine, that means that it can fit all 11 Laser Sinks into the Engine. Yes,
it has 11 Laser Heat Sinks. In case you had forgotten, remember: Divide the Engine rating by 25, round
down. That is how many Heat Sinks can fit in the engine.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #74 on: 04 November 2013, 18:32:51 »
The Gyrfalcon has a 275 rated engine, that means that it can fit all 11 Laser Sinks into the Engine. Yes,
it has 11 Laser Heat Sinks. In case you had forgotten, remember: Divide the Engine rating by 25, round
down. That is how many Heat Sinks can fit in the engine.
Ahh.  Thats what was what was going on.  Thanks, StCptMara.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #75 on: 05 November 2013, 01:29:12 »
Well, it's not perfect.  :))

In all seriousness, though, I had not noticed that, just seen the menu option earlier. My bad.

It doesn't account for IS weight either. So really, at it's current time it doesn't calculate tripods at all.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #76 on: 05 November 2013, 20:20:59 »
Hmmm. I'm still tooling around with the Gyrfalcon.  Is there reason why I can't switch the cockpit to a small one? I didn't realize the Clans don't normally have access to it.
« Last Edit: 05 November 2013, 20:23:36 by Wrangler »

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #77 on: 05 November 2013, 20:39:04 »
They should have it by the dark age era. It's been available to the clans since TRO:Prototypes.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #78 on: 05 November 2013, 21:25:33 »
They should have it by the dark age era. It's been available to the clans since TRO:Prototypes.

However, SSW does not have the Prototypes tech level changes put in. You have to do mixed
tech to put in a Small Cockpit on a Clan design for the program.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #79 on: 05 November 2013, 21:44:31 »
Hopefully the Jihad / Dark Age Technology Progress tables can be put into place into SSW. I've been finding it little frustrating adapting 3145 timetable and even 3090 era Mechs using it more advanced equipment.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #80 on: 18 November 2013, 18:11:48 »
I noticed for the Goliath GOL-4S it subtracts 11 from the BV for explosive item critical slots. I believe this is wrong and should subtract only 2. According to the calculations in the book it states:

"1 point per Gauss weapon critical space in the center torso, legs or head, or not protected by CASE* in its location (Inner Sphere ’Mech with Standard or Light engine)"

It has 2 crits in the CT, but the 9 in the LT should not be counted because the location has CASE. The program generates a BV of 1,912 as a result, whereas my calculations show it as 1,923 (since I only subtract 2 and not 11).

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: 18 November 2013, 18:26:16 »
just lurking
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #82 on: 22 November 2013, 17:20:07 »
Wanted to chime in and second that the MG Arrays are not working correctly and generates a pile of errors whenever a design is loaded already carrying them or if you try to add any arrays to a custom design. Never thought I'd see a Divide by Zero error, but I did today. Granted, it was / by Zero, but you get the idea.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 23 November 2013, 12:01:27 »
Hey Guys....

It appears that there is a problem with one of the databases for SSW or Megamek. It appears that the Mongoose MON-68 in SSW has 3ML , SL, and 1SRM2 while in both Masterunit list (Catalyst Games) and in some versions of Megamek it has one Large Laser. Apparently one of them is wrong. Thanks Guys,

-Mek

PS. and CT how have you been?
I never see your IM on any more. Too busy taking care of babies now?
« Last Edit: 23 November 2013, 12:04:33 by McSlayer »
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #84 on: 24 November 2013, 14:50:31 »
TRO 3039 mentions the large laser version.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #85 on: 26 November 2013, 16:53:25 »
I noticed SSW doesn't allow you to place Lower Arm Actuators in OmniMechs where the arm contains an autocannon. According to TM it states "OmniMechs must remove lower arm OR hand actuators..." The key word in that sentence is or. It seems SSW is forcing you to remove both the LAA and HA even when lower arm actuator should be allowed. Naturally if the LAA is removed, the hand is as well, but according to the construction rules the LAA can remain provided the HA is removed.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #86 on: 26 November 2013, 17:28:15 »
I noticed SSW doesn't allow you to place Lower Arm Actuators in OmniMechs where the arm contains an autocannon. According to TM it states "OmniMechs must remove lower arm OR hand actuators..." The key word in that sentence is or. It seems SSW is forcing you to remove both the LAA and HA even when lower arm actuator should be allowed. Naturally if the LAA is removed, the hand is as well, but according to the construction rules the LAA can remain provided the HA is removed.

This is incorrect. Here's what TechManual has to say on the matter:

Quote from: TechManual, pg. 57
On biped OmniMechs, the lower arm and hand actuators are always considered to be pod-mounted, and may be removed to provide additional slots for weapons and other equipment. If the configuration desired mounts any kind or size of Gauss rifle, autocannon or PPC in a given arm, however, the lower arm and hand actuators in that arm must be removed first. (emphasis mine)

- Klarg1

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #87 on: 26 November 2013, 18:52:16 »
Thanks. Somewhat of a contradiction. But it matches with what the BMR use to say as well. Should probably be an errata to update the OR to an AND.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #88 on: 26 November 2013, 19:18:15 »
It's already correct; why would it need to be errata'd?

- Klarg1

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #89 on: 27 November 2013, 06:20:08 »
mordel, it looks like you have an old revision of TM. It was changed to 'and', so no new errata is needed.