Author Topic: Was Clickytech actually any good/balanced?  (Read 18862 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Was Clickytech actually any good/balanced?
« Reply #30 on: 31 October 2017, 08:07:01 »
Oh man, yeah, Bannson was a blast for that. If you could back off and get some repairs in, it was hilarious to just keep sending the same beat-to-hell unit back out again with gleaming-fresh paint.

The other funny one was Dominion, watching their units get angrier and angrier as you'd hit them. The Atlas in particular was funny- pilot ability was to take a point of damage if you wanted to. Sounds stupid, but if you knew something great was on that next click... still, I've always had in my mind a mental image of an Atlas III punching itself in the codpiece repeatedly as a result, and I can't help but laugh every time I see an Atlas III now.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #31 on: 06 November 2017, 23:09:34 »
Artys left a bad taste in my mouth after going to my first tournament and the opponent purposely putting his own arty pog on his mech so it would take damage and get to the sweet spot so he could wipe me the new guy out.
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

guppylips

• Private
« Reply #32 on: 12 November 2017, 04:29:55 »
best way to play wolves  O0

jackpot4

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2018, 02:08:34 »
After having played Battletech the last three years I can clearly say that without a doubt the problem was the gentleman's warfare aspect.  Games are plagued with it now, its why I would never try 40K, I won't play organized play Xwing, and I am very nervous about the survivability of the Battletech computer game reverting back to that archaic style of combat.  I move, you shoot me, then I shoot back is not sensible in any way, especially after playing Battletech with simultaneous combat.
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Be the Light in the darkness.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #34 on: 27 February 2018, 04:30:42 »
One of the worst aspects of the game, at least initially, was how utterly bad the distribution of useful minis was.  You could easily spend $50-100 buying boosters and come up with only a handful of infantry- all the vehicles and mechs could wind up being useless garbage.  Plus, the tournament prize figures tended to be overpowered.  I gave up going to tournaments in my area because the only people who won were the ones who'd either won before or purchased the prize figures on eBay.  There was no way to compete with them.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 02 March 2018, 12:33:32 »
I always felt the game's biggest weakness was how they set up the dials.  Stats all dropped too far too fast.  Taking the first hit had a huge affect on your chances of winning.   If you took the first hit, your attack would drop making it harder to hit your opponent and even if you did hit, you were doing less damage. Meanwhile, you were now even easier to hit. There were some gimmick dials that were an exception, but it's true for most units.

Tank drop, arty, VtoLs, The Twins, etc were all so powerful because of how they set up those dials.

Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Register