Author Topic: Nukes and Clan Trinaries  (Read 2578 times)

wesharrisb

• Lieutenant
  • 8-Bit Battletech
Nukes and Clan Trinaries
« on: 22 June 2015, 10:42:51 »
Code: [Select]
Nukes and Clan Trinaries.
I figured since I only had a lance of assaults.

and the computer had generated a trinary of clan mediums and lights,
that a nuke was in order .

I lost half of my lance, but the clanners lost their entire Mecha trinary.

Col Toda

• Captain
Re: Nukes and Clan Trinaries
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2015, 20:38:16 »
Nukes are rare in BT  . The WoB chucked an Arrow tactical at my unit . Since no enemy with TAG was close enough to use it and was just one incoming round as opposed to three or more battery fire I could deduce what it was and scattered . The Allied Fed.Com unit chose not to believe me and got far more damage than I did . I was unlucky at the damage I took but  still took far less armor damage .

wesharrisb

• Lieutenant
  • 8-Bit Battletech
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2015, 20:45:15 »
They are only rare if you want them rare, in my Meta Game, they are used against Clan States in a fairly usual way, slag the clanners as quickly as possible.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2015, 02:07:08 »
I would say all factions have nukes leaking out of their noses but for various political, economic, and environmental reasons choose not to use them except as a last resort, even for the tactical variety which BT favors.

That said, most factions throw them around in Age of War, Reunification War, 1st & 2nd SW, maybe Clan Invasion, and Jihad. So pretty much every era sees someone getting nuked. Just the way Herb likes it.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2015, 10:46:16 »
maybe Clan Invasion

Not so much there. I think if the IS had started using nukes the Clans would have started using their warships. The Clans did use orbital bombardment at least on turtle bay but there was no indication that was nuclear and then because of the backlash, most clans started bidding away their warships from then out (at least for the next 15-20 years.)

Rtifs

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2015, 11:47:31 »
I'm not a huge fan of nukes.  I liked it back in the good ol’ days when you had to land troops and beat the enemy mechs in a fight if you wanted to take their territory.  Now nukes/bombardments are used to hand-waive away crack enemy troops.  I miss the battles.