Author Topic: LFG in San antonio  (Read 2832 times)

TehInchman

• Recruit
LFG in San antonio
« on: 17 August 2016, 15:28:50 »
Looking for a Battletech group in San Antonio. Seeing if anyone still plays here.

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
Re: LFG in San antonio
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2016, 15:45:26 »
There is a group at Dragon's Lair Comics that meets on Monday evening. Talk to the staff and ask for the "Chances" they are building up our Alpha Strike Campaign.

There is "Goose" who is our local Battletech super hero. If you catch up with him, he is currently running star wars fleet battles.

I'm available on weekends if scheduled in advance.

We're going to start 3145 Merc Campaign.
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

TehInchman

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2016, 16:55:59 »
is alpha strike the only battletech variant played at dragons lair? thank you for the reply. O0

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2016, 19:40:33 »
No, Goose runs cbt and Alpha Strike. It is just getting in touch with them. There is a group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SABattletechers/
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

TehInchman

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2016, 20:33:41 »
Cool thanks for the info man. I'll have to get a facebook and look the group up.

Edit: hmmm that link is not working for me btw.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2016, 22:28:56 by TehInchman »

ViperFrog

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2016, 12:21:15 »
I just moved to San Antonio and am looking for a group too.  I am familiar with the classic rules, but have all the stuff to play then new catalyst rules too. Looking for board game and RPG group.

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2016, 15:54:12 »
I am the aforementioned "Goose". We have a gaming group which meets 2nd & 4th Fridays at the Dragon's Lair.

We are not currently playing Battletech but we can be bribed with baked goods.  ;) Just kidding about the bribery, mostly. ;)

Drop me a PM and I'll be happy to give you more Information.
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

mikey39800

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2018, 14:18:28 »
Hello,

I'm looking for a group in the San Antonio area as well. I've dropped my info with a Dragon's Lair rep who may have passed it onto the pair that still plays there. I didn't receive a callback so I didn't press the issue further. Anyways I'm in the north/north-east area near Thousand Oaks for geographical reference - anything around those parts ought to be fair game.

I'm an easy-going, experienced player with an extensive collection of mechs, terrain, maps, and handmade extras like backdrops, dropships, and buildings. I'm entertained by pickup battles, campaigns, and even integrating A Time of War into the mix, or even just throwing down with some house rules to keep the battles interesting. I've also been known to generate weapons spreadsheets, crunch and compare mech stats, and summarize complex sets of rules into easy reference sheets for the fun of it.

Hit me up at mikey39800@yahoo.com if this sounds like a good fit and we can go from there. Have a good one.
Sincerely,
Mike

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2018, 01:13:28 »
Hello,

I'm looking for a group in the San Antonio area as well. I've dropped my info with a Dragon's Lair rep who may have passed it onto the pair that still plays there. I didn't receive a callback so I didn't press the issue further. Anyways I'm in the north/north-east area near Thousand Oaks for geographical reference - anything around those parts ought to be fair game.

I'm an easy-going, experienced player with an extensive collection of mechs, terrain, maps, and handmade extras like backdrops, dropships, and buildings. I'm entertained by pickup battles, campaigns, and even integrating A Time of War into the mix, or even just throwing down with some house rules to keep the battles interesting. I've also been known to generate weapons spreadsheets, crunch and compare mech stats, and summarize complex sets of rules into easy reference sheets for the fun of it.

Hit me up at mikey39800@yahoo.com if this sounds like a good fit and we can go from there. Have a good one.
Sincerely,
Mike

The Dragons Lair group meets a couple times a month, you could probably just drop in on the game night
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2018, 11:18:30 »
The Dragons Lair group meets a couple times a month, you could probably just drop in on the game night

Drop me a PM here. I'll bring you up to speed on the Friday night group at the (Medical Center) Lair.
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Register