Author Topic: Planning on making a Hansa Unit  (Read 4289 times)

MajorTalon

• Recruit
Planning on making a Hansa Unit
« on: 31 August 2016, 14:19:58 »
Hello, everyone! As the name of my post states, I'm planning on making a Hansa unit for AS, and I'd like to go with the Jihad Era. I just wanted to check to see if my planned roster sticks to the fluff fairly well.

-FLC-8R
-AS7-D
-WHM-7M
-WVR-7H
-LCT-5V x2

Would this work? I'm going off of the idea that the Hanseatic League would have acquired the Falconer via trading with the Inner Sphere prior to, or during the Jihad.

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
Re: Planning on making a Hansa Unit
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2016, 14:48:22 »
I find it a bit too advanced for the Hanseatic League.

And why 6 'Mechs?

Don't forget that the HSF is by construction combined arms oriented.
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

MajorTalon

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2016, 15:02:18 »
I find it a bit too advanced for the Hanseatic League.

And why 6 'Mechs?

Don't forget that the HSF is by construction combined arms oriented.

I should specify that this is merely what I have planned for larger battles. I'm intending on starting out with the Wolverine and 2 Locusts as the Locusts (I believe) are being manufactured in Hansa, though I have to double check that. I am planning on getting some Rommels to join these mechs, though I haven't thought about the background on those much, yet. If you don't mind me asking, which mechs specifically do you see as too advanced for the Hansa?

MajorTalon

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2016, 15:10:03 »
Sorry for the double post, but I found the list of things manufactured by the Hansa.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bordello_Military_Goods,_Inc.

Locust   Light BattleMech
Wasp   Light BattleMech
Phoenix Hawk   Medium BattleMech
Wolverine   Medium BattleMech (Primitive)

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2016, 15:23:17 »
Just another question, I don't seem to find the WHM-7H.

You found an explanation for the Falconer but when you add the WHM, it makes a lot of advanced tech for a State that is supposed to have a tech level around the 3025 level. However in the latter half of the thirty-first century, a lot of powers gave them some more advanced tech.

Instead of Rommel tanks, why not go for Zhukov or Axel tanks? They are cheaper with lower tech and they pack quite a punch.
Or if you go for a more Hansa feeling, use Tiger or Vedette tanks.

In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2016, 15:42:50 »
Wasn't the Hansa one of the periphery states known to field small numbers of homebrew 'Mech designs with 3025 tech (and oodles of tanks)?
The tanks would be Scorpions, Vedettes, Galleons, and the like, or their periphery counterparts. Wheeled and hover APCs will also be there.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2016, 19:51:04 »
Fluff wise the advanced mechs are out of place, however in a universe where battlefield salvage is common practice it's easy to explain.

The Hansa are skirmishing with the Scorpions , the scorpions absorbed part of the ELH. The ELH would have had access to many of those mechs . See no problems. :)
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

MajorTalon

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2016, 21:33:22 »
THanks for all of the answers!

I was going to use Tigers, though I wasn't able to find a source for models, if anyone could help me with that, that would be great.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2016, 02:15:53 »
Depending on what year of the Jihad you're playing in, you might have some additional options. According to ISP3:IE, the Clan Diamond Shark Watch found evidence that the Klünder sælgeflåde of the Járnfolk had salvaged some heavy equipment, including a few 'Mechs, from the remains of the garrison/Eridani Light Horse at Columbus and that the equipment had ended up in the Hanseatic League. They also found that various other sælgeflåde were engaged in salvage operations in Deep Periphery systems formerly occupied by the Clans, including Bazaar and Wark (p. 22-23). Those salvage operations were presumably post-Reaving.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

MajorTalon

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2016, 00:28:30 »
Just another question, I don't seem to find the WHM-7H.

My mistake, I was going for the 7M.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2016, 09:36:33 »
For tanks, outside of the Scorpion, Vedette, Goblin, Hetzer and AC/LRM/SRM Carriers metioned you might also want to consider such things as . . . Merkava Mk VIII, Marsden I & II, and the T-12 Tiger which were all Age of War tanks that spread through liscensing deals across the Inner Sphere and widely distributed.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

wanderer25

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2016, 13:06:27 »
For tanks, outside of the Scorpion, Vedette, Goblin, Hetzer and AC/LRM/SRM Carriers metioned you might also want to consider such things as . . . Merkava Mk VIII, Marsden I & II, and the T-12 Tiger which were all Age of War tanks that spread through liscensing deals across the Inner Sphere and widely distributed.

Just off the top of my head , but I think the Hansa produce the T-12 Tiger.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2016, 13:12:17 »
Well, its licensed copy . . . it spread pretty far from the FedSuns and became a bit of the standard . . . I would like to know if that is the case since except for being fat like the Enyo its a pretty solid machine . . . especially if it got 'modernized' with either LB-10X or LGR and a MML covered in FF armor.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."