Author Topic: (Answered) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the move  (Read 1252 times)

Pht

• Private
(Answered) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the move
« on: 04 February 2017, 20:17:34 »
This is about Opportunity fire: firing on the move, pgs 86-87.

After using OF:FOTM to make an attack, When does the unit return to "normal play" ... ?

For "normal" non-on-the-move opportunity fire, there is this sentence (from the fifth paragraph down from the Bold heading "Opportunity Fire")  :

The unit may not move or make any weapon attacks for the remainder of the turn, though the unit may make physical attacks.

However, Opportunity fire: firing on the move does not tell you when, after using OF:FOTM to make an attack, the unit re-enters "normal" play.

----

Related:

Besides it's not being in the rules, are there good gameplay/rules reasons why you can't make a simple physical attack using opportunity fire: firing on the move? ... say, limit the physical attacks allowed under this to what in the lore would amount to the simple point and click physical attacks; disallow the advanced physical attacks that contradict the parameters of making an attack of opportunity while on the move? Attach the appropriate PSR?

Simply not thought of as the book was being written? Or is it uber-munchkin and I'm just blind?

- Thanks!  O0

« Last Edit: 08 April 2017, 10:55:44 by Xotl »
Dog with a bone, that's me...

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the move
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2017, 10:55:37 »
The restrictions found under Opportunity Fire still apply for Firing on the Move.  That's why it's a sub-heading - all rules from the above apply, except where they are contradicted.

Cheers.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Pht

• Private
Re: (Answered) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the move
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2017, 20:09:09 »
Thanks for the time and the answer. :)
Dog with a bone, that's me...