Author Topic: The newer looking 'Mechs in the back of the combat manuals  (Read 3779 times)

Lyconnus

• Recruit
Such as the Wrahmmer etc. Are we going to see miniatures of those anytime soon?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: The newer looking 'Mechs in the back of the combat manuals
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2017, 11:06:51 »
We don't know.  Those who do know are keeping it under wraps.

Lyconnus

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2017, 12:03:29 »
Blast those secret keepers! Bet they have ties to the WoB

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2017, 04:09:41 »
We at least know that IWM has 12 of the new designs lined up. Released so far Shadow Hawk, Ostscout, and Wasp. Coming up is the Valkyrie. Beyond that IWM is rather tight lipped.

Randall also rumored that the next box set will contain the classics. No official announcement, but at least its an official rumor. My guess is the core classics will mostly be released in plastic before they hit metal. Can't wait to see what IWM has coming up for Q3/4.

455_PWR

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2017, 09:42:15 »
I see the alpha strike box set has been up for preorder on several websites since 2015.  They keep pushing the estimated ship date back.  Latest they shown estimated ship date from the retailers is march 2017.  Is the alpha strike box set actually getting released soon or should I save my money?

I'm assuming this is supposed to be the set with the classics, but no one has seen the set, posted pics, etc.  The only classic plastic I've seen is the warhammer prototype shown at gencon of 2015.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2017, 10:20:57 »
The AS Box Set hasn't even been officially announced as a product. I wouldn't spend any money on something that the company producing it hasn't even announced yet.

Achtung Minen!

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2017, 10:25:16 »
Yeah, my guess is that if we see a new box set, it won't be for another couple of years (that's just how long production and development take with small companies). I'm looking forward to it, but I am not basing my hobby budget around it...

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2017, 11:47:20 »
As far as I know, the AS box is not actively being worked on.  It was planned, but I believe the new BT Intro Box Set/non-Intro Box Set are going to take up all of CGL's resources for the forseeable future. The AS box set will certainly _not_ be released soon.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2017, 11:55:25 »
As far as I know, the AS box is not actively being worked on.  It was planned, but I believe the new BT Intro Box Set/non-Intro Box Set are going to take up all of CGL's resources for the forseeable future. The AS box set will certainly _not_ be released soon.

And since you can play Alpha Strike with the minis and maps that come with the CBT box set, coupled with CGL not wanting to abandon a game system in favor of the other, I'd expect there's a bit of expectation for Alpha Strike players to buy a new BT Box.  They entice you with the compatible playing pieces, they hope to snag you into playing *both* kinds of BattleTech.

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2017, 13:47:51 »
Yeah, my guess is that if we see a new box set, it won't be for another couple of years (that's just how long production and development take with small companies). I'm looking forward to it, but I am not basing my hobby budget around it...
A BT:AS starter set would be nice, but it appears Catalyst can't be bothered. Those rumors of an Alpha Strike starter are nothing more than that: rumors. Some webstores confused hopeful fiction with fact, hence why you can actually preorder this non-existent item.

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2017, 10:57:50 »
Two weeks ago I went to IWM's foundry to buy minis and saw the new Shadow Hawk all ready to go. I'd check their site, I think you can buy that one.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2017, 15:07:54 »
I think the Shadow Hawk (Classic) and the OstScout (Classic) are the only ones of the Classic for sale at the moment.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #12 on: 19 June 2017, 09:51:47 »
I can confirm that IWM has a metal Shadow Hawk and Ostscout.

There have been 3D printed prototypes seen at conventions of the following:

Warhammer
Locust
Battlemaster
Griffin
Marauder

and we know that the Valkyrie and Wasp are both prototyped as well.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #13 on: 19 June 2017, 14:24:14 »

Warhammer
Locust
Battlemaster
Griffin
Marauder

and we know that the Valkyrie and Wasp are both prototyped as well.

My two metal "Classics" Wasps say that the last statement is not entirely accurate...

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #14 on: 19 June 2017, 15:12:21 »
The Wasp has been pulled and the Valkyrie delayed indefinitely for reasons unknown at this point.  If you already got a metal Wasp, congratulations.  You've got a rare one at this point.
"The rules technically allow all sorts of bad ideas." -Moonsword

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #15 on: 21 June 2017, 18:31:07 »

Warhammer
Locust
Battlemaster
Griffin
Marauder
Were they at Origins?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2017, 15:04:24 »
Were they at Origins?

I don't know about this year. They were at Gen Con 2016, PAX Prime 2016, and Mech-con 2016 for sure (As I was there, I can confirm their presence).

See this post http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=52246.msg1244013#msg1244013 for some pictures (About halfway down, in blue).
Pictured: Battlemaster, Marauder, Griffin, Warhammer.

here is the new locust (On camospecs)

No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772